Bad
Good

Martin Luther King Jr Elementary School 1

Posted April 13, 2016
Used to be a great school. I had a child there for five years. My nieces have gone there for four and give years. My granddaughter went there for a year and half,they moved to get her in a better school system. They have a new principal there this year. She has no control of the students,she has no clue as to what is going on in the school. She rolls her eyes at you when you try to speak with her. Have had to go to school board with issue's. Big mistake placing her in that school. They need someone in there that knows to deal and talk to the students. A lot of the students have problems at home then come to school. They have no one at this school they can talk to are trust. I hope things change for the kids.

Posted November 20, 2013
I can say this school is excellent. They have truly turned it completely around. With the new principal and excellent curriculum specialist they have changed the school completely. My daughter is excelling beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

Posted June 25, 2013
This school is great I see the rating and think the this can not be true. My child does well however I am an involved parent. If my child comes home with a problem I am calling or at the school the next day. Education starts at home and if the teacher is the only one teaching what do you expect. I went to an awards ceremony and realized that some awards given were made up due to the lack of words given by the teachers and staff it was obvious who was not taght encouraged or even cared about at home. The teachers and staff here has bent over backwards for me and my child sending extra work if there is a gap and also giving individualized plans. Anyone who recieves a poor education here it is because of lack of concern from caregivers and parents. Teachers can't do everything. Some things must be enforced and encouraged at home. If a parent does not teach a child or encourage a child then why leave it up to a public school system alone. This is a great school and as an involved parent I see teachers with a passion to teach and prepare children for sucess. We are on the right track here at MLKJ.

Posted October 12, 2010
Great kids, greater teachers. Fine staff and administration. I recommend this school for any parent that has any doubts on whether their child can have a good public education.

Martin Luther King Jr Elementary School 3

Posted May 12, 2010
I have found nothing impressive about this school. I think my child is in the midst of an animal kingdom with no structure. I visited his room one day and was appalled at what I saw. I think the principal could execute a little more structure to correct the behavior. I know it starts at home, and I make it a strong rule of thumb to do so. Not to mention I hear they were merging another school next fall which means more chaos with what type structure to go forth? My child will be in another school this fall.

Posted January 29, 2010
This school is at the bottom of the list and should be avoided. I would give it a zero rating.

Posted July 06, 2009
This school is a wonderful place. The princiapl and teachers work hard and really do care for the children.

3112 Meridian St, Huntsville, AL  35811
Last modified Martin Luther King Jr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.