Huntsville, AL

Posted September 06, 2014
My daughter went to first grade at this school and didn't learn a thing. In fact when she entered the school, my daughter was a C student at best and her teacher praised her as being one of the smartest students in her class. Huh? Really!? That's not saying a lot for this school at all. In fact my daughter learned more in Kindergarten at a private school. Highlands gives the same homework almost every day. This school was a last resort since it was near my home but a waste of a semester for my child.

Highlands Elementary School 5

Posted October 07, 2012
My daughter started Kindergarden this year and I have been very active at the school. The teachers are very nice and really appreciate my help. THe recent changes have really benefited Highland Elementary.

Posted November 16, 2011
They fired the principal and than rehired him for some strange reason bad leadership, has one of the worst principals in public school Mr. Livingston that is. great teachers except a handful which includes Mrs Shepard. old building doesn't have a learning feel to it other than the library. other than that pretty good outdoor play ground for kids. school really show parents one thing and behind close door do something else as far as leadership goes you have to teach your child again his lesson for the day i feel they rush through at school.

Posted July 22, 2011
My son goes to Highlands and he hated to 4th grade I have moved from that area so he could go to a better school. My sons teacher was hardly there and the other 4th grade teacher were not very mannered either. My son lost a lot of his education going to this school and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Highlands Elementary School 0

Posted January 24, 2010
My son is in third grade. He loves school at Highlands. The Principal is a prayer that came true! My son is challenged and not bored! He is excelling! Very excited to be in this school district!

Highlands Elementary School 5

Posted September 19, 2007

Highlands Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2003
My two daughters attended k-5 and my son k-3. The teachers in this school go the extra mile with teaching and caring about students. There is a new principal whom it appears will be excellent.

Highlands Elementary School
2500 Barney Ave, Huntsville, AL  35810
Last modified Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highlands Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top