Huntsville, AL
Students enrolled: 1,720

Huntsville High School 2

Posted July 23, 2015
Administrators do not like to deal with conflicts and try to shy away from them. This is from student behaviors to class schedules. Why bother selecting classes when the student gets whatever the school selects for them. And don't ask for changes because guidance does not exist. You can have the best teachers but they will not be successful with the weak administration this system has. No wonder so many students are home schooled or go to private schools in the area.

Posted April 21, 2015
I am a graduate of Huntsville High School--class of '03! This is an amazing school, with amazing teachers and students. The curriculum is outstanding, as it prepares each and every one of its students for college. When I went off to college, for example, I was more than prepared; so prepared, in fact, that my first of year of college was EASIER than my senior year at HHS. I now have a Bachelor of Science in Molecular and Cell Biology and a Doctorate of Pharmacy from Auburn University. If it wasn't for the outstanding education I received at Huntsville High, I would not be where I am today. My kids will defintely attend this school in the future. Your's should, too!

Huntsville High School 3

Posted September 15, 2014
I am a senior (class of 15) at Huntsville High, and am disappointed with the treatment of the student body in general. Most students can get away with breaking any rules and doing what they want, and many minorities are under a much stricter eye. If you take AP classes the teachers are generally pretty good. The other problem I've found with Huntsville teachers is the lack of care for students. Most of my teachers hardly know my name, even though I make a point to talk to them regularly. They don't care what's going on with your life or if you need help. It's a sink or swim, competitive environment forsure. I have been pleased with the acceptance and diversity in school activities with all students though. It's not weird for someone to be popular, in academic team, band, etc. HHS has made me want to make good grades and to go to a good college. The art department is amazing and the theater department is very good as well. If a student emerses themself, they'll be fine. It's just easy to get lost in the crowd.

Huntsville High School 4

Posted January 17, 2014
As a student actively participating in JROTC at the high school as well as having participated in other electives, there is much more financial and administrative support that goes towards sports, but honestly it's hard not to find a school focused on sports in Alabama. However, the education I've been receiving here is phenomenal and most all of the teachers are great at what they do (especially in honors programs) . Wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the city schools. Go Panthers!

Posted October 09, 2013
I'm proud to say I'm a Huntsville Panther. As the school representing the city of Huntsville, we strive to live up to our name. We're the best in the city at every sport and great in academics. I'm proud that I'll get to tell people I graduated from Huntsville High School in the class of 2016. Go panthers!

Posted October 29, 2012
I am a freshman at Huntsville High this year. (2012-2013)I probably have the most amazing teachers in the world. (I think Mrs. Dotts and Mr. Swanson are possibly the most inspiring teachers I've ever had.) They both are really passionate about what they do, to help us achieve our goals, they inspire us to our best, and they are both insanely funny! Also, I agree with people when they say things like, "The school is mainly about programs,clubs,sports". The school IS about social clubs,programs, and sports, that's how you have friends at this school... If you're not in at least one of the programs or clubs or anything at this school, you'repratically a nobody. I'm in the Band, French Club, FBLA, Newpaper Staf, FCCLA, and I perform with the band at the Halftime Show and sit in the bleachers with them and play flute. :) This is what my school is about and I am proud of it already.

Posted June 19, 2012
I love this school, super great! Couldn't be any better! The tachers there couldn't of done a better job!

Posted June 19, 2012
This school is great, my kid loves it! And the teachers there really know what they're doing. They have pushed my child to his limits and really made him shine! Both on the field, and in the school house.

Posted June 19, 2012
I love how the teachers interact with the students, they really push them to their full potential. Go Panthers!

Huntsville High School 3

Posted January 28, 2010
Huntsville High is a decent school. If you are not involved in sports, it's almost miserable. It seems to be what most of the school cares about. There are quite a few great teachers though, with a passion for teaching and helping students. Mrs. Schrimsher is probably one of the best teachers I've had. She has helped so much with the college applying process and helping to make sure we all graduate and excel at what we are best at. I believe she has helped a lot of students to grow up. Also, Coach Mincher is probably one of the best math teachers I've ever had, and has really helped me to understand it. I never understood Shakespeare before I took Mrs. Dotts class on it. It is super fun and amazing to see just how much she really loves it.

Huntsville High School
2304 Billie Watkins SW, Huntsville, AL  35801
Last modified Huntsville High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huntsville High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top