Huntsville High School 3

Posted September 15, 2014
I am a senior (class of 15) at Huntsville High, and am disappointed with the treatment of the student body in general. Most students can get away with breaking any rules and doing what they want, and many minorities are under a much stricter eye. If you take AP classes the teachers are generally pretty good. The other problem I've found with Huntsville teachers is the lack of care for students. Most of my teachers hardly know my name, even though I make a point to talk to them regularly. They don't care what's going on with your life or if you need help. It's a sink or swim, competitive environment forsure. I have been pleased with the acceptance and diversity in school activities with all students though. It's not weird for someone to be popular, in academic team, band, etc. HHS has made me want to make good grades and to go to a good college. The art department is amazing and the theater department is very good as well. If a student emerses themself, they'll be fine. It's just easy to get lost in the crowd.

Huntsville High School 4

Posted January 17, 2014
As a student actively participating in JROTC at the high school as well as having participated in other electives, there is much more financial and administrative support that goes towards sports, but honestly it's hard not to find a school focused on sports in Alabama. However, the education I've been receiving here is phenomenal and most all of the teachers are great at what they do (especially in honors programs) . Wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the city schools. Go Panthers!

Posted October 09, 2013
I'm proud to say I'm a Huntsville Panther. As the school representing the city of Huntsville, we strive to live up to our name. We're the best in the city at every sport and great in academics. I'm proud that I'll get to tell people I graduated from Huntsville High School in the class of 2016. Go panthers!

Posted October 29, 2012
I am a freshman at Huntsville High this year. (2012-2013)I probably have the most amazing teachers in the world. (I think Mrs. Dotts and Mr. Swanson are possibly the most inspiring teachers I've ever had.) They both are really passionate about what they do, to help us achieve our goals, they inspire us to our best, and they are both insanely funny! Also, I agree with people when they say things like, "The school is mainly about programs,clubs,sports". The school IS about social clubs,programs, and sports, that's how you have friends at this school... If you're not in at least one of the programs or clubs or anything at this school, you'repratically a nobody. I'm in the Band, French Club, FBLA, Newpaper Staf, FCCLA, and I perform with the band at the Halftime Show and sit in the bleachers with them and play flute. :) This is what my school is about and I am proud of it already.

Posted June 19, 2012
I love this school, super great! Couldn't be any better! The tachers there couldn't of done a better job!

Posted June 19, 2012
This school is great, my kid loves it! And the teachers there really know what they're doing. They have pushed my child to his limits and really made him shine! Both on the field, and in the school house.

Posted June 19, 2012
I love how the teachers interact with the students, they really push them to their full potential. Go Panthers!

Huntsville High School 3

Posted January 28, 2010
Huntsville High is a decent school. If you are not involved in sports, it's almost miserable. It seems to be what most of the school cares about. There are quite a few great teachers though, with a passion for teaching and helping students. Mrs. Schrimsher is probably one of the best teachers I've had. She has helped so much with the college applying process and helping to make sure we all graduate and excel at what we are best at. I believe she has helped a lot of students to grow up. Also, Coach Mincher is probably one of the best math teachers I've ever had, and has really helped me to understand it. I never understood Shakespeare before I took Mrs. Dotts class on it. It is super fun and amazing to see just how much she really loves it.

Posted January 01, 2010
There are (basically) two populations of students at Huntsville High School. If you break out student performance based on demographics, one population scores better than any high school in Northern Alabama. Students from Hampton Cove and the neighborhoods in and around the Medical District contribute positively to the overall academic performance. Huntsville High School and it's extracurricular facilities are clean, modern and maintained. The students walking in the halls appear cheerful and engaged and they appear to be proud of their school. The faculty are stable and for the most part dedicated. There is a lot of parent involvement in both academic and extracurricular activities though the environment is extremely competitive. Virtually all students advance to four year universities and many students advance to college athletics and college arts.

Huntsville High School 4

Posted September 15, 2009
I have been very pleased with the high school and all of the administrators and teachers I have encountered thus far. My daughter has some special needs and they have done a great job of accommodating her needs. I really sense her teachers care and their expectations for the students requirements and behaviors are clear.

Huntsville High School
2304 Billie Watkins SW, Huntsville, AL  35801
Last modified Huntsville High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huntsville High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top