Huntsville, AL

Posted February 10, 2012
Our family loves Jones Valley Elementary. Our son is in his second year and we have been blessed to have two teachers that are outstanding. He is now in first grade and is reading at about a 4th grade level consistently. This is a great tribute to the academic focus of the teachers. Our principal and staff are great as well. Wonderful neighborhood school!

Posted November 05, 2010
I am both parent & teacher new to this school. I feel that I can be objective. First, the principal deserves 5 out of 5 stars! She shows terrific leadership skills and is kind-fair to all. She is a breath of fresh air compared to many of the other principals who rule like Hitler. When morale in a school is elevated, it shows in EVERYTHING - state test results, happy-healthy teachers/students/parents, and overall performance from teachers/kids. My child is being challenged, but he's having fun in the process. Plus, they offer TONS of extracurricular activities. There's no perfect school, but this one comes close! My son and I are blessed!

Posted April 02, 2009

Jones Valley Elementary School 3

Posted July 24, 2008
Please note that the later comments that are critical of the principal are directed at the current principal and not Dr. Brusick, who retired 3 years ago. I agree that the leadership has suffered greatly since her departure. The new principal is overly officious and does not command respect or offer leadership. If asked several years ago, I would have given the school a higher rating. Not now however.

Posted June 20, 2008
As a parent of a 5th and 3rd grader, I am pleased with the education my children are receiving. The atmosphere of JVE is one of a private school where the children respect the teachers and in turn the teachers are able to teach. The parental involvement is high which further makes this an excellent school.

Jones Valley Elementary School 2

Posted September 25, 2007
I am a first year parent at this school. The principal does not provide strong educational leadership nor does she present herself as an authoritative figure demanding and expecting respect. This should be role modeled for the children and the standard. Consequently, disrespectful behavior is tolerated, bullying is not addressed, and discipline is lacking. Office staff are also rude. While test scores may be high, the overall learning environment could be greatly improved. Stronger leadership is necessary.

Jones Valley Elementary School 3

Posted January 04, 2007
This year has been my first experience with Jones Valley Elementary and I must say I am not impressed. Home/School communication is poor! Room mothers seem to be the 'middle men' who have the majority of the information and decide what gets to the other parents. Very little information comes from my child's classroom teacher. Kindergarten students seem to do a lot of busy work (worksheets). Concerns have not been addressed in a reasonable amount of time from the classroom teacher or principal. Behavior expectations and discipline certainly aren't a priority. Certain teachers end up with 'stacked' classes while others get all the behavior problems. I had heard so many wonderful things about Jones Valley. I have been very disappointed!

Posted May 23, 2006
This is a fantastic school. The faculty and curriculum are above average. My daughter attended this school K-5 and tested well above average for the local middle school curriculum. Her math skills in the 'normal' math classes are above those in the gifted programs of others school based on conversations with other school parents, children and faculty. I highly recommend this school. The principal, Dr. Brusick, is attentive, respectful and very involved with the day to day events at the school. We could have gone to another elementary school, which is closer to our home, but based on Dr.B and this school, we chose to attend Jones Valley Elementary and we have been thrilled with our decision. The facilities are also impressive with their wonderful updated computer labs! Keep up the great work JVE!

Jones Valley Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2005

Posted April 18, 2005
My daughter attends Jones Valley Elementary and is about to enter 2nd grade. We could not be happier with our choice of schools. Our principal, Dr. Brusick, is so wonderful to the children. When my daughter was having trouble in reading she took time out to help her and other first graders one on one to make sure they were getting the help they needed. How many principals do you know who do that? The teachers are very sensitive to the needs of the individual students as well and understand that every child learns differently. The PTA and parent involvement in the day to day funtioning of the school are amazing! There are always activities, both academic and social, that are beneficial to everyone! If we ever move we will not leave the Jones Valley School district. I don't see how any other school could ever measure up!

Jones Valley Elementary School
4908 Garth Rd, Huntsville, AL  35802
Last modified Jones Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jones Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top