Bad
Good

Jones Valley is an exceptional school, with exceptional leaders and teachers! I would not choose to send my children anywhere else!

Our family loves Jones Valley Elementary. Our son is in his second year and we have been blessed to have two teachers that are outstanding. He is now in first grade and is reading at about a 4th grade level consistently. This is a great tribute to the academic focus of the teachers. Our principal and staff are great as well. Wonderful neighborhood school!

I am both parent & teacher new to this school. I feel that I can be objective. First, the principal deserves 5 out of 5 stars! She shows terrific leadership skills and is kind-fair to all. She is a breath of fresh air compared to many of the other principals who rule like Hitler. When morale in a school is elevated, it shows in EVERYTHING - state test results, happy-healthy teachers/students/parents, and overall performance from teachers/kids. My child is being challenged, but he's having fun in the process. Plus, they offer TONS of extracurricular activities. There's no perfect school, but this one comes close! My son and I are blessed!

Please note that the later comments that are critical of the principal are directed at the current principal and not Dr. Brusick, who retired 3 years ago. I agree that the leadership has suffered greatly since her departure. The new principal is overly officious and does not command respect or offer leadership. If asked several years ago, I would have given the school a higher rating. Not now however.

As a parent of a 5th and 3rd grader, I am pleased with the education my children are receiving. The atmosphere of JVE is one of a private school where the children respect the teachers and in turn the teachers are able to teach. The parental involvement is high which further makes this an excellent school.

I am a first year parent at this school. The principal does not provide strong educational leadership nor does she present herself as an authoritative figure demanding and expecting respect. This should be role modeled for the children and the standard. Consequently, disrespectful behavior is tolerated, bullying is not addressed, and discipline is lacking. Office staff are also rude. While test scores may be high, the overall learning environment could be greatly improved. Stronger leadership is necessary.

This year has been my first experience with Jones Valley Elementary and I must say I am not impressed. Home/School communication is poor! Room mothers seem to be the 'middle men' who have the majority of the information and decide what gets to the other parents. Very little information comes from my child's classroom teacher. Kindergarten students seem to do a lot of busy work (worksheets). Concerns have not been addressed in a reasonable amount of time from the classroom teacher or principal. Behavior expectations and discipline certainly aren't a priority. Certain teachers end up with 'stacked' classes while others get all the behavior problems. I had heard so many wonderful things about Jones Valley. I have been very disappointed!

Last modified Jones Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5