Posted October 09, 2013
I went to this school for most of my elementary years, I am now a ninth grader at Butler High, this elementary school is a amazing school, all the teachers really care about the children in the classes. They strive to make a difference in each student. I was a straight A student, because each of the teachers decided they want all of the students to do well, they taught in different ways, explained in many ways, and had different teachers try different ways of teaching you something that you don't understand. They try their best to teach every student, and help out with anything they can.

Posted September 26, 2013
This school is awesome. The teachers really care about the education of the students and my son loves this school.

Mcdonnell Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter transferred from another school to McDonnell and she learned so much more in that 1 year than she did the 2 years she was at ther other school. I want to give kudos to Mrs. Davis who is no longer at this school. She was an awesome teacher for my daughter.

Mcdonnell Elementary School 1

Posted August 07, 2013
Hi this will be my children's second year going to this school. The school is okay but I wish they would really step it up as far as the uniform policy because it would bring more money into the school I mean times are very hard. I would much rather my kids gets stains and red dirt on a uniform then their regular clothes. The field that we had the school ran out of food and my kids had bought their tickets and they didn't get any snacks they were really sad .Im very much apart of Mc donald elementary but there has to be room for improvement and they don't have the money to fund anything and the field day money that they made I don't know what they did with it someone help

Posted August 03, 2013
I went to McDonnell Elementary from K to 5th. I am now a graduate from high school. that school is amazing. the teachers are nice. most of the teachers that was there when I was there is still there. I visit the school at lease once a year. but in my eyes the teachers there is great. they are super nice to the students.

Mcdonnell Elementary School 0

Posted September 06, 2009
this school has good curicular and its a pretty good school thogh it could use some work

Posted February 28, 2008

Mcdonnell Elementary School 0

Posted January 13, 2008
I feel as though this school caters to children who are liked by the staff and those who are not part of this group do not get the attention that they deserve. All of the children there should get the same attention and education. If you are not part of the in crowd it seems as though you are treated unfairly.

Posted June 27, 2007
My kids have been at McDonnell for three years. I love this school, and so do my kids. Mr. Malone is a wonderful principal, who encourages his students to learn and behave with respect. They may not have the best facilities, but the teachers and staff are the heart of the school, and they are wonderful. One of my daughters started there in 3rd grade, couldn't read. Graduated to middle school reading at a post-highschool level.

Mcdonnell Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2007
Very negative school - the principal sets the tone. You can feel the despair when you enter the school. I feel very sorry for the poor teachers and students. The superintendent does nothing to improve the atmosphere.

Mcdonnell Elementary School
4010 Binderton Place, Huntsville, AL  35805
Last modified Mcdonnell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcdonnell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top