Montview Elementary School 2

Posted May 19, 2013
All four of my kids went through Montview Elementary, I love to be involved in as many school functions as I can, and it used to be my favorite k-5 school while Dr McGinnis and then Mr Strong were principal. After Mr Strong left office, and this new lady came in, it all changed. You rarely even see her around the school, unlike her predecessors who were visible in the classrooms, hallways, at all the awards and appreciation events, school functions, etc. She simply does not seem to care, and has an air of contempt about her like she was demoted into the position. She evidently doesnt care enough about the kids safety, because this is the first year I have seen such pandemonium in the car riders lanes in front of the building, without any adults to monitor traffic and parking. My child has not had A SINGLE field trip ANYWHERE this year under her leadership. The faculty is discouraged, morale is low. In short, Montview Elementary will be a wonderful school again when Ms Davis puts her heart into loving and educating those children, or allows somebody else to do the position justice.

Montview Elementary School 5

Posted June 19, 2008
Its a good school, with an EXCELLENT principal and a dedicated group of teachers

Montview Elementary School 5

Posted June 19, 2008
This school has really excelled since the change in administration a few years ago. THe semi-new principal, Dr. McGinnis, is awesome. You couldnt get better. She's been there for about 4 or 5 years and she has brought the school so far. I value her leadership.

Montview Elementary School 4

Posted November 05, 2007
I read the reviews and I wonder how often the parents who wrote the negative reviews are ever at the school. This school could really thrive with parental involvement. The teachers really seem to care and the principal does as well. Yes, this is a working community but it's okay if grandparents volunteer if Mom or Dad can't! But, I would definitely like to see more extracurricular activities for the children.

Montview Elementary School 1

Posted April 12, 2006
I think that the quality of education and quality of teachers fall far below the bare minimum that any parent should require or ask for. Physical education is minimum to say it nicely. Parent involvement is not up like it could be but, these are working homes and I think more effort needs to put forth on both teacher and parent involvement.

Montview Elementary School 1

Posted February 01, 2005
I think that this school is average at its best. The quality of teachers are at the lowest and it is a shame that teaching is at the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to the education of our children.

Montview Elementary School
2600 Garvin Rd NW, Huntsville, AL  35810
Last modified Montview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.