Bad
Good

I have twins who have attended since kindergarten. Teachers are awesome and some have been there for years! There is a gifted program that has an amazing teacher. Both my children have done well on testing for ACT/SAT and parents are very involved.

I went to Mt. Gap Elementary in grades 1-5. It was an outstanding five years for me. Great teachers, great kids, great principal, everything was wonderful. Academics are great and we also have many fun activities throughout the year such as Science Fun Day, Field Day, Space Week, etc. I often wish I was still a student there. Wonderful place and would strongly recommend it to any family moving to Huntsville with young children !

We LOVE MGE! Parental involvement is wonderful, teaching staff is excellent. We bought our home in MG zone when our son was 4 because of this school! So happy that it isn't closing, but so so sad to see the retiring of so many veteran teachers this year!

I went to Mt. Gap Elementary and Mt. Gap Middle School. My mother had a kid in elementary school, a kid in middle school, and a kid in high school. The convenience of having these schools within miles of each other really benefit a working mother! The teachers really care about their student's well being and it shows in the SAT scores. Aside from the school being one of the best, the surrounding neighborhoods are safe with affordable homes. Mt. Gap is located on a road that is never busy and it has a slow speed limit. Everything about Mt. Gap is great and I fully recommend it!

This school has given us everything we could have ever asked for. A kind and friendly staff who are always there to help you if you ever have a problem. Great teachers and one of the nicest principals you will find anywhere. We were considering private school when our kids were younger, but we are now in 5th and 3rd grade and I don't think I could have given my children a better education anywhere. And....with the highest test scores in Huntsville City Schools, how can you go wrong?!

We absolutely love Mt. Gap School. I have so many people tell me how lucky I am to live in this school district. My husband went there as a child and now my children love it. I get as involved as I can, and feel very at home there. We have fabulous teachers and a very accomodating principal. I couldn't ask for more. Also, we have always had the highest test scores in the city, with the exception of the No Child Left Behind transfers that do tend to bring our scores down when they first transfer. However, we have won awards several years in a row for the amazing jump in academics that these kids make after just one year at Mt. Gap. We are so blessed to be at this school!

I love my school I've been going here since kindergarten. The teachers are amazing. I never want to leave at the end of the day! my teacher this year lets us express ourselves. She's also my neighbor so sometimes on the weekends I'll go visit her! Our principal is outstanding! She is the best of the best. I know our school bases on reading, but so wht it's something you use a lot! Our students are all so close we're like a big family!! TThat's why I love this school!!!!

We love our daughter's teacher this year, but I feel that some of the kids are not being challenged enough with the No Child Left Behind in place. Teachers are having to 'water down' the class work to accommodate these kids. There are children in my daughter's class that are just learning to read. It just reflects bad on our school.

Last modified Mt Gap Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5