Huntsville, AL

Ridgecrest Elementary School 3

Posted January 03, 2014
A good school. However, this year my son is the only English speaking boy in his class. He has a hard time making friends because of it. He has always been shy towards other kids. It is hard for me to see him cry over this. He really needs to be with other English speaking boys his age for his behavioral and social development. His teacher has 8 boys (1 English/my son) and 8 girls (2 English). They do need to fix this issue. My son does not get the one on one time from his teacher because (I assume) she has to spend more time on instruction with the non-english students. It doesn't seem right to me. I hope they fix this situation. I may need to look into my options if not. Although, my son is picking up on some Spainish too!

Posted September 26, 2013
Hollywood elementary,all of the teachers are great with the children, we maybe a small school,but you can feel the love everyone that is at our school for our children

Posted August 30, 2009

Posted September 30, 2008
My children have been at Ridegcrest for along time now my oldest is now 22 and my youngest is all of 7 . When my first one started here it was Ms Haga as principal and she was a great one at that it was like it was her other home an family always . Now its Ms Ashley and boy let me tell ya she remeinds of a heart like Haga and its so caring and fits in there so much with the kids . My child has learned so much there and it takes 2 to learn meaning school an home .. SHe makes that a point in her school and every weekend no child will be hungry see she provides food for them so kids will not have a chance of being hungry over the weekend .. i really love the ridgcrest family

Ridgecrest Elementary School 3

Posted February 25, 2008
I do not think that some of the teachers at this school are as dedicated to every student as they say they are. I have had quite a few problems with particular teachers and I feel like my child is being left out, because they see her as a liability to the school because she is leaving for middle school next year. Also, she is not fully prepared for middle school academically or socially, and I place the blaim on the school for not having prepared for middle school.

Posted January 19, 2008
Great school and some great teachers i would recommend parents to send their child(ren) there.

Posted May 31, 2007
Ridgecrest Elementary is a hidden treasure within the city of Huntsville. The teachers genuinely care about the students. The Principal has an open door policy and is always eager to meet with parents. She even won the PTA Principal of the year award for the 06/07 school year. We have really been impressed with the amount of parental involvement. Second Mile Development does a Parent Initiative Program that involves parent parties instead of meetings. There are many activities such as Cheerleading, Choir, Cubscouts, Girlscouts... Our kids have enjoyed attending Ridgecrest and we've been very excited to be involved in PTA and other forms of volunteering.

Ridgecrest Elementary School
3505 Cerro Vista SW, Huntsville, AL  35805
Last modified Ridgecrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgecrest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top