Huntsville, AL

Univ Place Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2015
This school is terrible . One particular lady in the office is simply dreadful. My child is in 1st grade & has switched classes because of another student being derogatory. I spoke with the principal about it & he suggested my child switch classes & I feel as though the other child should've been removed not mine. My child will not be attending this school next year.

Univ Place Elementary School 5

Posted January 17, 2014
This is the first year my children have attended University Place Elementary. My oldest is in third grade and my youngest is in kindergarten. I have reviewed what they are learning and I am very happy with the academics. The teachers go out of their way for their students and give 110%.
2 people found this helpful

Univ Place Elementary School 2

Posted December 06, 2012
this is the first year my child has attended University Place Elementary and,well frankly, my wife and I are disappointed. Even from the first day when we set foot in the school there has been this..dred about the place. The lack of natural light and sense of depressed age; one of the most grumpiest office workers I have ever meet, along with the time his teacher never checked his folder to read the bus update we sent, which resulted in my child been left at the school, alone sitting in the office for about an 45 mins to a hour! Now this review obviously is based on our experience and I'm sure ours is not the norm, I hope.

Posted October 12, 2009
I do not know what you are talking about. The school is on lock down and you can not just walk in. The principal is also very nice. Also the Space program is good.

Posted October 09, 2009
I do not like this school at all! My son is advanced and has not learned one single thing in the first semester. I would like to pull him out and home school him rather than be somewhere and learn nothing ( but I am a working parent, like alot of ppl.). I am having to look for a new home just to change schools. Hunt. City Schools is not interested in helping me in any way to transfer my child. I have encountered the principal on several occasions and she has not said hello, nodded or anything, I feel as though I am not welcome. none of the doors are locked and anyone can walk in. Every morning there are parents in halls, I have never signed in when visiting, I just walk right in. I am sorry any child should have to have this type of 'education' in america.

Posted October 06, 2009
I love University School because I have worked here for almost 21 years and in that time we remain a topnotch school. We have just recently merged with another school and have doubled our student body and teacher units and still remain on top of our curriculum goals and we are 'academically clear.' We have one of the largest ELL populations in the city and we are a title one school. The students and parents work hard at this school as well as the faculty and staff.

Univ Place Elementary School 5

Posted September 22, 2005
I think that this is a great school overall and I am enjoying the school year as much as my son is. I have personally met his homeroom teacher and she is awesome. I haven't gotten around to meeting his other teachers, but I will be doing that really soon. GREAT SCHOOL!

4503 University Ave NW, Huntsville, AL  35816
Last modified Univ Place Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Univ Place Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top