Huntsville, AL

Posted April 28, 2014
This is my daughters second year here and she loves it!!! I as a parent think it is a GREAT school. They are really helping her with her speech and reading difficulties. The school is in a good location, I feel safe knowing she is well watched.

Posted September 11, 2013
My school is Weatherly Hieghts Elementary and it's a great school. My son started there in Kindergarden and he is now in 2nd grade. The teachers are very nice and kind and helpful to everyone. Always doing fun, exciting and educational activities for the whole family. At Weatherly, we feel like one big happy family. They DEFINENTLY Go The Extra Mile.

Posted June 27, 2013
Have been very happy with this school. They have gone out of their way to help my child succeed. The dpeech therapist and his teacher have been wonderful!

Weatherly Heights Elementary School 1

Posted March 02, 2013
We moved to this school from out of state, we looked on great schools to helps us determine the school to choose. The principal is unwilling to work with new families attempts to bully the parents into not being at the school, she has yelled at students in the hall. The teachers don't seem to care or take into consideration the whole child. They tell my children to not tell me what is going on in their class. My first grader got in trouble and was in the wrong, but was put in the corner and then sent to a pre-k class this is a form of bullying via humiliation. Our family has dealt with racism and bullying since we entered this school. We have met with the principal and things do not seem to change. The children are yelled at and and slapped. I will be removing them from this school for next year. I am shocked at the behavior of the adults at this school, my children are afraid to go to school and explain that they do not feel safe. The school allows the children to watch movies during free time instead of encouraging creativity. The PE teacher calls the children WEENIES if they don't win, even if the students aren't bullying the adults are, which is worse!

Posted June 04, 2012
I really love this school! They have cool after school programs. My child was lucky enough to have Mrs. Patterson. She is an awesome teacher and a real credit to Weatherly and Huntsville city schools. She took the time out to get to know and understand my child's way of learning and taught her how she learned. That's a real jewel in my eyes. She was great with all of the students and always welcoming.I am happy we moved to this area. The principal is ok and the school has a cool outdoor classroom which is neat. They are big on parent involvement and that's cool. Great pta

Posted May 25, 2012
I had two children go through Weatherly. My last one just graduated yesterday from Fifth grade. Both of my kids thrived at Weatherly. The teachers were all fantastic and always willing to listen when i had concerns. The current principal seems to be very enthusiastic and from what i hear from the teachers she is fair. The PTA is very strong. That is so important. The two gifted teachers really do an excellent job at motivating and exposing the kids to different types of research. Whether it is math maniacs or studying the habitats wetlands, the space program provides an alternaive classroom where those kids more advanced can be exposed to new and exciting venues of learning. All of the teachers i encountered were truly dedicated professionals. Ms. Thomas, Inglewright, Adcock, Beard, Wolfert, Tucker, Kaufman, Lucas, Alexander, SHowers, Klinzak, Sams, Zupko, McCallister, Kastanakis. I cant say how much i appreciate all of them and the wonderful job they did in preparing my kids for middle school and for life. I will always be so grateful for the time they invested in my kids.

Posted December 09, 2011
My son came to Weatherly Heights from one of the of the top elementary schools in the Madison County School System and has learned more in these 4 months then he did all year last year. He came as a 4th grader and has had no problems with being accepted as the school has a strong no-bullying policy. The science lab (where he has already done dissections) and the S.P.A.C.E. (gifted) program are amazing as is the FREE after-school robotics club. The parents are expected to be very involved and they are! It has a small neighborhood school feel and his teacher, Ms. Klinzak is amazing! My one complaint is they don't do a good job of orienting new students before school begins. So we didn't know basics like what time made you officially "tardy" , how to do drop off/ pick up, lunch numbers, etc. So be sure to ask that info before hand. They have a "curriculum meeting" the second week of school but its a bit hard to navigate before that.

Posted July 27, 2011
My son has attended Weatherly since 1st Grade. He had Mrs Thomas for 1st grade and she was fantastic. I was really impressed with her all year long. My son had Mrs Bateman for 2nd grade and she seemed to do a pretty good job but the kids watched too many non educational videos in my opinion. The PTA is fantastic with 100% parent participation and the PTA self funds a science teacher position at the school. There are alot of fundraisers but we don't participate unless its a dance or a festival. We are completly satisified with the education that my son is receiving there.

Posted January 06, 2011
Excellent administration and staffing! Good community support and PTA involvement. My daughter has since went on to middle school from this teaching and has been more than well prepared to take on all advanced classes offerred in sixth and seventh grade.

Weatherly Heights Elementary School 4

Posted June 11, 2010
I have three children at this school and overall have been very pleased with the quality of the teachers and teaching styles. Two of my children have IEP's and I find that the special Ed teachers are excellent, especially Mrs Crowell, who has worked with both of my children. The Kindergarten department has a strong, positive teaching team. The Pre-School is excellent with "Highly" qualified teachers, something that is not common. There are strengths every other year in the teaching grades, but there are excellent teachers in every grade if you are lucky enough to get them. If you have an easy or average child then you will have no trouble with any teacher at the school. The principal can be intimidating but has the best interests of the children at the forefront of her mind.

Weatherly Heights Elementary School
1307 Canstatt Dr, Huntsville, AL  35803
Last modified Weatherly Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weatherly Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top