Huntsville, AL

Posted June 10, 2015
I have never seen such disrespect from young people. I visited this school for 1 day. There was a fight between 1st and 2nd period. Security had to be called. At one point, a teacher was literally screaming at 2 boys. In the classroom I was in, a student walked in that didn't belong there and wanted to argue because "He wasn't doing anything" Later in the day a female student threw a text book another. It is a shame that the few students who want to learn have to put up with such behavior. The faculty truly cares about educating young people, but when you have so many students that really don't care, its a loosing battle. If I had kids that went to this school, I would do what ever it took to get them sent to a better school!

Posted August 19, 2014
This school is allowing a friend of my daughter's to be bullied. They know and don't care. All they care about is getting their numbers so they can get their state funding.

Westlawn Middle School 5

Posted May 04, 2010
I love this school. The teachers are great and they really listen unlike most schools in America. Also the principals are nice people too.

Westlawn Middle School 4

Posted April 01, 2009
I, as a current student at the school, find that I love it there. I love the fact that the teachers really do care. Although the test scores may not be up to par, the teachers try their best to help the students as much as they can. It really affects the teachers when a student who tries their best fails. So the teachers arent the problem. At Westlawn their is a lack of parental involvement. In this area there are a lot of single parent famillies, so the parents may not have a lot of time to help their children with school work or homework. But on the other hand, the current facilty there are outstanding. They take their job very seriously. And i, currently as a 8th grade student wouldnt change schools for anything in the world.

Westlawn Middle School

Posted June 06, 2008
i thought this school great i had a wonderful experince at this school that i will never forget i also thought the teachers was great i went there 7th and some of 8th grade and never got in any trouble i have lots of friends i was in advanced classes and i would have finished my studies and not droped out if i would have stayed at this school. like i said i had a wonderful experince here and if i have kids i'll try and send them there

Posted November 18, 2007
I found that school was, for lack of a better word, horrible. The academic quality was below par, proven by the low grades and test scores. Inappropiate behavior by some of the teachers, AND kids, was demonstrated. The kids' behavior was a real problem for me. Bullying, stealing, abuse, harrassment, the list goes on. I will NEVER, EVER go back to that facility.

Posted January 26, 2005
This school is in an area that has a number of students who are from families that don't exactly care about the type of education their children get. The teachers seem to take on the attitude of the parents and only call you about grades when a situation has gone almost too far to resolve. I was only informed that my daughter was failing when the principal came down on the teachers because of low test scores. If at all possible, do not send your child to this school. We have no choice until the new schools are built.

Westlawn Middle School 2

Posted September 17, 2004
I have been let down by the leaders more and more every year here. My children are treated like a number not a person. Inappropriate behavior by adults as well as kids are not addressed or corrected. I feel as though the attitude is just sweep it under the rug and we'll be fine. I have also tried to become involved and was not welcomed. Given an option, my children will not return here.

Westlawn Middle School
4217 9th Ave West, Huntsville, AL  35805
Last modified Westlawn Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westlawn Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top