Huntsville, AL

Posted July 27, 2014
This is my children's second year at Whitesburg Elementary, and I am very pleased with the teachers, the principle, and the PTA. I don't know what more they could do with such a limited budget and resources, but they manage to do everything. That said, the cafeteria food and staff is deplorable.

Posted March 23, 2014
I see significant improvements in the school organization and parent involvement this year. The principal, Mrs. Little is on a mission of making the school best in the region :). There is much improved parent-teacher and principal- parent communication. Teachers are working very hard to help children grow academically while introducing modern technology in their classrooms. Way to go!

Posted January 10, 2014
We love Whitesburg school! The staff is amazing and their is great support by Whitesburg PTA and families. I feel like my kids are getting a very good education and seem to love what they are learning. We couldn't be more pleased.

Whitesburg Elementary School 3

Posted December 10, 2013
Currently, the new principal Mrs. Little is running the school like a prison ward. Some of the teachers are nice and do their job. While others, don't inform you of anything until your child's report comes out. By that time it's too late to try and rectify any issues. The kids have a pass now in order to use the restroom. However, there are only 5 lines on this pass. Once those lines are filled the kids are NOT allowed to use the restroom. The only way they can is if they PURCHASE a new pass or have to wait until the next quarter to get a new one. I dont know about you but i find this to be foolish and unacceptable. Using the restroom isn't a special treat, it's a right. It seems to me that this principal is more worried about numbers. Several parents are disgruntled by her "rules and regulations". She is a dictator. I as well as other parents will pull their child out this coming year. Which is unfortunate because Whitesburg is a nice school overall.

Posted August 22, 2013
I love the way the school has a buzzer to get in the teachers and mrs. Van Allen are all sweet and concerned about their students my daughters love the school

Posted August 18, 2011
I am very happy with Whitesburg Elementary School. My daughter has done well academically and I feel comfortable at WES. The teachers are great and the entire staff treats her with kindness and respect. WES has a great principal - who shows strength and compassion despite the drastic financial cuts the school has faced. I am a very proud parent of a Whitesburg Elementary student.

Posted August 16, 2011
We couldn't be happier with our experience at WES! The teachers are wonderful, supportive, friendly, and caring. The PTA is amazing! WES has a warm and welcoming environment. I feel that both of my children have had an excellent experience academically and socially and would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted December 18, 2008
This has been our first child's first year at Whitesburg Elementary school. Though the school is a bit dated (built in 1958), the administration and staff have been great, they have a very active and supportive PTA, and the other parents have helped us navigate through our first year in public school. I feel our child has gotten a well-rounded education during her first year at Whitesburg both academically and socially.

Whitesburg Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2008

Posted July 27, 2008
My child is more than a test score. She's a budding artist, a curious chemist, a talkative hugger who adores learning about different species of insects more than practicing for state wide tests. WES caters to my child. With it's music program, PTA funded science lab, with a principal who stops every morning to give my daughter a hug or high five. With it's kindergarten teachers who create magic on a minuscule budget for children to learn through creativity. This is more than a school I'm proud to say I belong to, it's a community I'm honored to allow to help raise my well rounded daughter.

Whitesburg Elementary School
6810 Whitesburg Dr, Huntsville, AL  35802
Last modified Whitesburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5
Whitesburg Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top