Bad
Good

This school seems more intent on preparing children for institutionalization rather than providing a fun and nurturing learning environment. While visiting the cafeteria there, my husband observed a teacher yelling at the kids to "Shut their mouths." When I called the vice principal to complain about this she laughed during much of our conversation, as if that is funny in the least. We have seen a teacher in the parking lot directing the traffic wearing a shirt that said "Sexy" and I've seen a teacher wearing a Budweiser shirt. As a kindergartner there, my son's class was often not allowed to have snack and continuously threatened to miss out on recess due a couple kids in the class misbehaving. Now as a first grader he has not had a snack once. I would recommend all parents facing having to send their kids to this school to seriously reconsider, and do everything in their power to avoid the school.

I am Tina Greer, principal at Morris Elementary School. I am so pleased by the comments made by some of our parents. The staff/faculty at Morris truly is a professional learning community dedicated to developing the potential of every single child. I am using this public forum to personally thank them for the hard work that I see every day. They are responsive to children, parents and to the requirements of their job. I also thank the parents who are so supportive. We currently have 570+ students and just could not be effective as a school without their help. It is a privilege to be the principal at Morris Elementary.

my child transfered this year to Morris from Lakewood. He is ADHD and has other problems. while he fell threw the cracks at his old school this school from the teacher to the principal has jumped in to help him. What a change in his attitude about school. I am very pleased with this school so far.

My daughter has attended Morris for three yrs. This will be her fourth as she enters into the fourth grade. Last year she sort of struggled with math and the school got right on it and provided her with a tutor. I can proudly say that she loves math now and is a wiz at multiplication and division. Thanks Morris partners, you guys are the best in my book. The Principal is the best, she definitely comes down to the childs level in a loving and caring way. I think I even caught her doing the (electric slide) with some of the students at one of their reward parties. Keep up the good work Morris pricipal and teachers, we don't show it enough, but we appreciate all of you.

This is my child's 2nd year. I can say they are 'highly qualified' teachers. The !st grade is already being taught problem solving in the 2nd wk. They have high expectations concerning the student's grades & behavior. The pricipal is always out in the halls. She knows most of the students by name. They are involved in the daily activities of the students lives.

I love this school. My child is in the Pre-K program at Morris. She had never attended any type of daycare or anything before going to school there. All of her teachers and classroom aides have done their best to make her feel welcomed. I can definitely see the difference that going to school has done for my daughter. Go Morris!

Last modified Louis J Morris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5