Huntsville, AL

Posted March 28, 2014
As a former Mountain Gap student, I must say any negative comments about this school are ridiculous. Mountain Gap is by far the best middle school in the city if not in the state. Mountain Gap is very good with discipline and has the highest testing scores in the city. It's a great school and I fully recommend it ! I think those that gave the school negative ratings are just hard to please !

Mt Gap Middle School 2

Posted September 27, 2013
Mountain Gap is a good school that needs to have a lot changed about it. Some of the teachers can be really good and love their job, while others can be downright inappropriate. One in particular cusses a lot and another purposely fails her kids because she is too lazy. The after school clubs and electives are very limited compared to other schools like Hampton Cove. The bullying going on here is not really a lot, but it is verbal. I had a friend that everybody hated because she was obese and had autism. When I started in 6th Grade, there were a total of 3 Special Ed. teachers. There is only one now. There are very good teachers that care for your student and preparing him/her, but there are some bad ones, too. I think the school can improve if the bad teachers were replaced and the verbal abuse of students was cracked down on. The special education program here needs to improve a lot, not just for the under performers, but the over performers supposed to be in SPACE, too. Sadly, this will probably not happen with the school system's superintendent. Parents: If your child goes here, make sure that they are happy. Also, be prepared to need to have a conference with the teacher

Posted May 01, 2013
I'm an eighth grader at Mountain Gap and I have been going here since kindergarten. It has been the best 9 years ever. If I had the chance to change schools, I wouldn't! This is a great school and I would recomend it to anyone! The teachers are amazing and care about each of the students individually. There are also many sports activities and other school activities that are very good! I love it here and I'm sad I have to leave this year, but I know I will be prepared for high school because of the outsanding things Mountain Gap has done for me!!

Posted January 04, 2013
Sounds like mtga p hasnt changed since the the early 70s whe went there I was bullied and pushed over the hand rails by pat richie ffacfFtfured my skul from ear to ear, busted my ear drum and the admin.mever did anything about it ,not evn suspention,so it aint changed any in 40 yrs ,stay awayparents if u love your kids.

Posted October 21, 2012
The teachers do very little to help the students with their work. And they are very very poor at keeping the parents imformed about their child. I will NEVER recommend this school to anyone moving to the area. I will be pushing for my daughter to file reports on the teachers who let my grandson get so far behind, that there was no other opinion then to pull him out of school and send him to his father. Who lives in another state. This school definitely does NOT stand by the motto "No Child will be left Behind." My daughter sent numerous emails and one teacher in particular NEVER responded...that is totally unacceptable. When I was raising my kids, I would go to the school and talk to the teacher..now it is done through email. Not everyone has a computer. Now I understand why teachers are getting paid less and have less respect from not only the students but from the parents and community in general. You should be ashamed Trust me I will tell everyone I know about this situation My grandson had to leave and it is because you did not care enough to help

Posted December 25, 2011
The teachers do very little to help students who are being bullied. Bullying is a HUGE problem in the school, and no matter how much I tell the teachers, or administrators that my brother is being bullied no one will help. He regularly comes home crying, or with bruises from being hit, yet no one will help him. I can't understand how no one can help when bullying is such a big issue right now. I know that the academics are great, I went to both Mt Gap elementary and middle, and then graduated from Grissom. Something must be done to help children who are bullied.

Mt Gap Middle School 3

Posted April 13, 2010
A lot of people who like making fun of other people but other than that the teachers teach us important information

Posted September 19, 2009
The teachers don't teach the kids what they need to know.

Mt Gap Middle School 4

Posted September 19, 2009

Posted September 12, 2009

Mt Gap Middle School
821 Mt Gap Rd, Huntsville, AL  35803
Last modified Mt Gap Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt Gap Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top