Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

I wish my kindergartner had more practice for home. It is hard to require kindergarteners to do homework and I'm ok with it, I just wish more practice would've been sent home. It's hard to align home with school when you're not totally sure what exactly they're doing, even with regularly updated newsletters.

Develops character: Agree

I haven't seen much in the form of academic honesty, but my child is too young to understand the term. He is held responsible for being honest about daily behavior.

Being a teacher in this system, I tend to be critical. I have no real issues with this school as of now. My child is in kindergarten and I've been happy. He's been encouraged to participate in various activities (academic) that he's probably too young for. I also encouraged these activities because they were something to "work towards". By no means we're these things unachievable (science fair) but they were a little advanced for him. The school does a great job at including the little ones and rewarding their efforts. The PTA does a great job reaching out to the school community and I appreciate all of the partnerships that support the school. I get REALLY tired of the number of times something comes home for money. At the start of the year we were told "5we only have one fundraiser" but there is always something coming home asking for money. That is very frustrating because it usually involves $1 entry fee into something. It isn't much but it's often and I can't punish the kid by saying no. I do appreciate that they always mention what it's for.

My grandkids started here last year. They love it here.lm impressed with all the staff I have met and talk to. They really care about the students. I wish my kids had the opportunity to be involved in such a Great school when they were young.

This school is said to be one of the better elementary schools in the city. Academically the test scores are high. The atmosphere is large, crowded and busy. There is a fair amount of bullying also. My daughter was bullied to the point of her father and I having to contact the superintendent. It is easy for certain kids to get lost between the cracks because the class sizes are large and some of the teachers do not seem like they are really interested in helping out anymore. Some of those teachers definitely need to retire. My child has been there since Kindergarten and she is now in 3rd grade. Most days she doesn't even want to go to school. Her Kindergarten teacher was Ms. Newsom who is awful and that set the tone. She's really mean to the kids and you can tell she is just hanging in until retirement. I reported several concerns about her to the principal at the time but nothing was done. My daughter's teachers since then have been better than Newsom but not great by any means. Her current 3rd grade teacher is uninspiring and again you can tell she's just waiting on retirement. The Asst. Principal Ms. Henson is the best asset this school has but she can only do so much.

We just transfered to this school and I really dislike this school . It's forsure is not for my family. The Lord sit high and looks low.

I meant to write Challenger ELEMENTARY school directly below. I apologize for the error, though my eldest daughter did attend Challenger Middle School and I have good things to say for them too.

We debated choosing private school over public, but we are very pleased with our decision of going to Challenger. The principal is fantastic, and the teachers are wonderful. My son is constantly telling us how much he loves the school!

I am the Grandmother of a student at Challenger Middle School and my Granddaughter loves it there. she came from a school in PG County MD, so this was quite a change for her.

One of the best schools my kids have attended. The principle cares and loves the kids and the school. I have never had a teacher or principle for that matter call home to congratulate the kids on an award or good work. I have had both here. Teachers are dedicated and very professional. I have 4 kids so, this is very important to us!

Last modified Challenger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5