Challenger Elementary School 3

Posted January 26, 2014
This school is said to be one of the better elementary schools in the city. Academically the test scores are high. The atmosphere is large, crowded and busy. There is a fair amount of bullying also. My daughter was bullied to the point of her father and I having to contact the superintendent. It is easy for certain kids to get lost between the cracks because the class sizes are large and some of the teachers do not seem like they are really interested in helping out anymore. Some of those teachers definitely need to retire. My child has been there since Kindergarten and she is now in 3rd grade. Most days she doesn't even want to go to school. Her Kindergarten teacher was Ms. Newsom who is awful and that set the tone. She's really mean to the kids and you can tell she is just hanging in until retirement. I reported several concerns about her to the principal at the time but nothing was done. My daughter's teachers since then have been better than Newsom but not great by any means. Her current 3rd grade teacher is uninspiring and again you can tell she's just waiting on retirement. The Asst. Principal Ms. Henson is the best asset this school has but she can only do so much.

Challenger Elementary School 1

Posted November 17, 2013
We just transfered to this school and I really dislike this school . It's forsure is not for my family. The Lord sit high and looks low.

Posted April 06, 2012
I meant to write Challenger ELEMENTARY school directly below. I apologize for the error, though my eldest daughter did attend Challenger Middle School and I have good things to say for them too.

Posted September 22, 2011
We debated choosing private school over public, but we are very pleased with our decision of going to Challenger. The principal is fantastic, and the teachers are wonderful. My son is constantly telling us how much he loves the school!

Challenger Elementary School 0

Posted September 10, 2009
I am the Grandmother of a student at Challenger Middle School and my Granddaughter loves it there. she came from a school in PG County MD, so this was quite a change for her.

Posted September 30, 2008

Challenger Elementary School 2

Posted January 03, 2008

Challenger Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2007

Posted September 10, 2007
One of the best schools my kids have attended. The principle cares and loves the kids and the school. I have never had a teacher or principle for that matter call home to congratulate the kids on an award or good work. I have had both here. Teachers are dedicated and very professional. I have 4 kids so, this is very important to us!

Challenger Elementary School 0

Posted July 02, 2007
Awesome! Challenger is like a big family! I enjoy working with the teachers and the kids as a parent volunteer. The kids are having fun and learning lots!

Challenger Elementary School
13555 Chaney Thompson Rd, Huntsville, AL  35803
Last modified Challenger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Challenger Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top