James E Williams School 3

Posted September 08, 2014
This school is okay. The teacher is good, lunch is free, principal is good, etc. BUT one thing I hate is the some of the kids my child has to deal with. I would prefer this school to control some of their students.

James E Williams School 1

Posted August 08, 2014
We are military and new to Redstone. Wow! First day of school and this school is off to a terrible start. The reviews about this school not caring are completely true. As you walk in, the front desk lady is EXTREMELY RUDE. She doesn't care and expects you to know everything. She has conversations with the school principal in front of customers. As we tried to take out our daughter for an appointment, they looked at each other and said, "I like how they expect you to drop everything you're doing!" God forbid you have any questions for the staff. They like to brag about using iPads and having free lunch and breakfast. I'm not sold. I know that free means they've sold themselves for done type of grant. iPads? Haha! iPads don't make kids smart. I will be looking to remove my daughter and take her to Madison very soon!

James E Williams School 2

Posted April 24, 2014
This is not a school that I would recommend to any family. There is no patience, no care, from the teachers. They are not interested in working with the children that are struggling, they push them to the side for the easier children. Our experience so terrible, we finally decided to move in the middle of the school year due to the teacher not only allowing tattling to run wild but was encouraging it just to bully our child! He learned nothing and the teachers only concern was for him to learn the required tests so he could pass! I do have faith for this school now that Dr. White is the Principal. She has the drive and determination to turn this school around. I can only hope that she can weed out those teachers that care only about their class average instead of actually caring about being an educator.

Posted January 23, 2013
This is the first year that my children have attended Williams Elementary. They like going to school and are active learners. The teachers encourage them to be active in student council and other activities. I like that the teachers communicate with me about my students strengths and weaknesses on a weekly basis. I also love that the students are exposed to a variety of programs such as 3rd graders and violin lessons and participation in the Christmas program. The 1-1 digital curriculum was hard to adjust to at first, but now we are fully adjusted and capable of meeting the expectations of the school. The PTA is active and the administration is very hands on and I can appreciate that!

Posted August 12, 2012
There needs to be a distinction between the elementary school and the middle school. Both my children went to Williams Elementary and they never said the teachers cussed. The elementary does not wear uniforms or have a band. Those negative comments are from parents disgruntled with the MIDDLE school. Separate building and separate staff and administration!

James E Williams School 5

Posted July 10, 2012
I have 3 children that attend Williams Elementary. The teachers are dedicated and really want to help the kids succeed. I have had an issue with one of my children failing to bring homework home and I discussed it with his teacher. She immediately offered a solution of using a planner that we both sign each night. He gets rewarded at the end of the week if he uses his planner all week. Creative yet simple solution. It has really helped and he is back on track. I feel lucky to have a school where my children get to enjoy learning.

James E Williams School 2

Posted February 16, 2012
They have a bully problem at this school! And they don't seem to address the issue. We recently just moved here and I was so hesitant to bring my kids here after reading the reviews. My kids are doing good in school but its just that bully issue they need to work on! I am fed up with it because my kids come home sad that they did not have a good day because of bullies and their teachers aren't even talking to the kids who are doing it.

Posted February 08, 2012
GREAT Principal! Mr McAllister is very involved with the students and parents! SOME teachers go above and beyond, while others just 'show up'....PTA is working to better the school for the teachers and students!

James E Williams School 3

Posted December 02, 2011
Overall JE Williams Elementary is an acceptable school with ratings over the 50%. However, my experience has shown that if you do not take the time to reach out to the teachers or staff, most likely they will not reach out to you. I don't see much acknowledgement of students for a job well done, which is a great morale booster for both the child and parents. The ideas, games, and overall behavior of my child has changed to something not age appropriate. Everything seems to be a big blur to me and I have opted to take my child out of this school.

James E Williams School 5

Posted August 03, 2011
Both of my girls attend Williams. They have had excellent teachers and have learned a lot! I am a very involved parent and feel that my children are getting a quality education. I get a quick response any time I have a question or concern. Even more telling is that my children love attending Williams.

James E Williams School
155 Barren Fork Rd, Huntsville, AL  35824
Last modified James E Williams School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James E Williams School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top