Monrovia Middle School 2

Posted August 22, 2014
My child attended MMS for 7th and 8th grade and it was a horrible experience. There are some teachers (Math, in particular) that simply don't belong in the classroom. The principal was not at all supportive when we approached him with our concerns and basically sent us back to the teacher. My child is in a different school environment now and simply flourishing. The entire school team - principal, guidance counselors, teachers - are so much more supportive. Avoid MMS if you can.

Posted April 14, 2014
Our son is attending the 8th grade at MMS. This is his first year at the school, and the transition was quite easy. We were warmly welcomed by councelors and the pricipal. We liked the offerring of many pre-AP classes. But even with taking three pre-AP classes in science, math and English, our son has hardly any homework that he is doing at home (most of it is done in school). Overall we are pleased with the school, but would have loved to see a more challenging curriculum. Also, no foreign languages are offerred at this school, but I think this is very common for Alabama.

Posted November 20, 2013
This is my 8th grade year at MMS and this school in my opinion is one of the best. The teachers are great especially one of the 8th grade history teachers. the amount of work is increased from elementary school but thats normal. Also the dress code is strict not to terrible. there are many activity you can do and the band is great. plus you are aloud to be in as many clubs as you want.I'm in scholars bowl, band, and football. all in all i think MMs is a really good school and I'll be proud to graduate from it.

Posted August 18, 2013
Monrovia middle is the best school any student can have yes they are strict but its for your child's best intrest the care so much about the students that you would have to do nothing my sixth grade year was amazing and I can't wait for the next so please send your children here they will love it

Posted July 20, 2013
6th grades ok there the teachers can be way to tough or strict at times. Once you go upstairs and meet all the great teachers in 7th grade you just may have the best time of middle school with friends. it just seems brighter and happier upstairs the teachers treat us nicer.

Monrovia Middle School 1

Posted June 10, 2013
This School is is more like Monrovia mental school, the school pushes for there students to success but the teachers lack the material and knowledge to teach the students (You Just end up watching movies). The administration focus on intimidation to scare students. Also the teachers insult the students (Or from what I've experienced.). I must say my best year was 8th grade where teachers left you alone and all you did is watch movies. If you do chose this school, Good Luck to you.

Posted March 31, 2013
The year is almost up and I'll have to say MMS was a pleasant surprise. My child is in 6th grade, and I found the school to be well balanced between discipline and education. The principal genuinely cares about the kids and does and excellent job ensuring they are prepared for the next level. I also find the faculty to be nurturing as well. I can see how some parents would find the rules a bit strict. For example, if assignments are not turned in on time, points are deducted until they're completed. What a great idea as kids are there to learn and not play. I believe my child will be as (or better) prepared for high school when compared to kids from other middle schools.

Monrovia Middle School 2

Posted February 18, 2013
With all the tools available, most teachers show a lack in being creative in teaching students. Furthermore, there's a huge focus on discipline (more punitive than corrective). My child is currently in 8th grade. If I had it to do over again, I would have pulled my child out after 6th grade and sent him to a private school. My child's interest in education dropped after the 6th grade.

Posted August 24, 2011
My child is now starting her 7th grade year at MMS. I can say that she absolutely loved her 6th grade year. They wisely keep the 6th graders isolated from the older kids, something that us parents who went to 7th & 8th grade "Middle Schools" can appreciate. She really liked most of her teachers and really enjoyed band. The Band director is a shinning example of what we wish all our educators aspired to be. 7th grade has just started for her and so far she has no problems. So, educationally I give this school pretty high marks. I also give it high marks "discipline" wise. They have a zero tolerance policy that has made some parents bristle ... but then again, most bullies have parents who think their little angles are always just misunderstood victims. My child follows the rules, gets good grades and so far, I feel safe about her there.

Posted August 12, 2010
I have a child at MMS now, she is in the 7th grade and so far loves it. I will say while reading the packet, rules and regulations I was questioning the focus ratio of education to conduct. While my child attended a middle school last year about 7 miles from MMS and I was very much displease with it. I look forward to seeing how this school year may go. One thing I seen that was great is that all the students looked like the belong to a middle school not a night club. They did not have huge earrings or 4" heels on.

Monrovia Middle School
1216 Jeff Rd, Huntsville, AL  35806
Last modified Monrovia Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monrovia Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top