Alma Bryant High School

Public | 8-12

Posted October 29, 2012

Alma Bryant do not have teachers that care for the children. They tell the kids that they don't have time for them. I haven't met the principle. The office staff are jerks!

Posted September 26, 2012

ZERO STARS! I have an issue with the school confusing my kids records with others, with us being threatened with legal action due to this, principals and teachers not responding to letters and emails and this is nothing. The best part is my child and her friend being sexually harrased and having a boy try dragging them unwillingly into boys bathroom.. and school does nothing.. not even contact the parents! This is something I should find out from the principal or other staff member.. not have my child tell me about!

Posted March 25, 2011

I think this school offers so much to the students as far as extracurricular classes. This helps them become more well rounded and better prepared for college. The administration dept. is great.

Posted March 25, 2011

We could'nt be more pleased with how well our son is doing here. There are so many options for him opposed to the school we transferred from. The teachers are really great and seem to be very in-tune with their kids. They really seem to do a lot of preparation for college and getting the students ready for graduation. My son is really excited about it!

Posted August 31, 2010

Great school. Great teachers and parent support system for our students. This school, it's staff and parents are what make this school so great. Time is put into the kids and it is reflected in the wonderful young men and women that have graduated from and continue to from Bryant High School. Our children are "our lives" here in this area ....... and it shows.

Posted March 22, 2010

I rate Alma Bryant below average because I believe the administators and teachers are somewhat rude. The food is most definatly gross and its pretty much test test test no room for being a teenager.

Posted March 2, 2009

I have been very pleased with the individual response the teachers and principal give to the students and parents.

Posted September 14, 2007

I like the variety of academic programs.

Posted September 2, 2007

excellent school and falculty.

Posted December 11, 2006

I'm Vy Phan. I went to Bryant HS during my 9th and 10th grades and I truly love this school. The campus's just so nice, the teachers are all friendly & great responsible for us. Mr Holmes (Science Department), Mrs Horn(Math), Mrs Mobley (Art)are all wonderful teachers!Although, their classes used to be a big challenge to me, But I definite learn so much from them! And there are many many more 'cool' teachers that I haven't had chance to know. Go to Bryant, you'll see. Anyway, Go Hurricane! I love Bryant!

Posted October 3, 2006

Well I have to say that I loved going to school there! I was in the first class to Graduate (99') And I have to say I think we were the best! Go Canes! my advice is, Yes they are strict on the uniforms but SO WHAT its school not a fashion show. They seemed to care about my grades and helped me when I needed extra help passing a class. Bryant is the best school in the world it rox my boxers! Jimmy

Posted September 21, 2006

This school is in poor quality overall.. The quality of the academic programs is...acceptable at best. To be honest, when I was a student there, it was ridiculously easy. They made it easy for the lazy kids who would not study or do work to get A's. I actually dropped out to get my GED because I simply was not learning! The availability of extracurricular activities is admittedly...pretty good. It does not, however, make up for everything else that the school lacks. The level of parental involvement is ridiculously low. I can't tell you when I saw a parent in there unless they were picking up their child...and even that was a rare occurrence. I would not suggest enrolling your child in this school. In fact, most of the Mobile County Public Schools are pretty horrific.

Posted January 22, 2006

My name is Vinh Van Tran and I graduated in 2003. My grades were dropping because I didn't try. My teachers didn't give up on me and keptpushing me to be the best. I am now in the military, got my education, travel, and even learn different languages. I look at myself and wonder how I got here, it was from everything I learn from the teachers of Alma Bryant. Education, and about life!

Posted September 26, 2005

ok i go to bryant and yeah its a great school and all but they worry to much about uniforms than our education and just to put a good word in my favorite teachers are the following coach richardson, mr allen, mrs. dixon ,and of course coach higgins lol well g2g bye bye love ~n. paxson~

Posted July 30, 2005

I think this is a great school. I think that the grading in the classes is a little harsh I try to keep my grades up but I worry my self so much that I end up with bad grades I failed p.e. because I dont like to dress out all the time and I dont think that a student has to dress in front of others I think there is some improvements that could be done about grades but it is a great school.

Posted May 24, 2005

Alma Bryant High School is a good school. Just look at the number of academic scholarships offered in this year's graduating class. Parent involvement with their student's studies are lacking. Athletics, in general, are weak (especially girl sports) which is puzzling for a 6A school but this is, and should be, secondary anyway. Bryant's arts program and aquaculture courses are excellent. Any student that works for a quality education can get one here.

Posted April 25, 2005

The very best school i've ever been to. The greatest teachers and staff there. I hate to leave it next year. Class of 2006. -lisa jackson

Posted April 2, 2005

The emphasis of sports over academics is ridiculous, especially since the only teams that consistently perform well are the Scholars Bowl and Hi-Q teams. The faculty that teach the Honors courses are pretty good over all and these teachers take a great interest in their students. The small amount of AP courses is dissapointing, however, and the few AP classes that are offered don't actually seem to be true Advanced Placement classes--most I have felt were jokes. Be careful in choosing the high school for your student. If they are academically inclined, consider the IB program at Murphy.

Posted January 17, 2005

i think this school is okay.i go to this school and they think to much on other things then work.i just hope that it gets better.as it being my last year i hope others learn more then me.....thanks choley

Posted January 13, 2005

I love this school it is great. I miss going to this school. This is a good school for children to go to. The principal is very good. I wish I would of never left it.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2012.

Scale: % level 3 or 4

In 2011-2012 Alabama used the Alabama Reading and Mathematics Test (ARMT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math. The ARMT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

All Studentsn/a

Non-migrantn/a
Povertyn/a
Non-povertyn/a
Scale: % level 3 or 4

The different student groups are identified by the Alabama Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 95% in 2012.

364 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Language

The state average for Language was 75% in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2009.

288 students were tested at this school in 2009.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 71% in 2012.

366 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % passing

In 2011-2012 Alabama used the Alabama High School Graduation Exam (AHSGE) to test high school students in reading, math, language, biology and social studies. High school students must pass the AHSGE in order to graduate. The AHSGE is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 98% in 2012.

Language

The state average for Language was 90% in 2012.

313 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 95% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 94% in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 94% in 2009.

313 students were tested at this school in 2009.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 90% in 2012.

All Students98%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 61%N/A56%

Teacher resources

Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

• Swimming pool

• Mr Doug Jr Estle Jr
Fax number
  • (251) 824-3221

Staff resources available to students
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)
Transportation options