Irvington, AL

Posted April 07, 2014
I have a daughter that attended in the past and a son that is currently enrolled in St. Elmo. I am really impressed with this school overall. My son has some physical limitations and is a transfer student, I've never had any issues with the principal wanting to deny his transfer or put him out. She has always been a kind and caring leader at this school and has been an extremely understanding person when my son was going through some health issues. I plan on keeping my son at this school through the 5th grade, this school seems to be ahead of some of the other schools in Mobile County and is a great place to have our children be taught.

Posted July 31, 2012
my child attended this school all his life until he developed type 1 diabetes.we were on a tranfer.we had several conferences with 5th grade teachers annd mrs fletcher about his needs.she kicked us out in the middle of the year.my child will never forget this or get over what this Dispicable Principal did to him and his family.if your on a transfer she WILL get rid of you

Posted July 13, 2009

Posted April 26, 2009
My son spent two years at St. Elmo and it was a surprisinly wonderful expreience! It's true there are very few 'extracurricular' activities but that is par for MC K-5 schools. My son had great teachers and a great principal. We did have several field trips and a good bit of parent participation. The school is clean and safe (though it does need the play yard fenced). Our transferwas denied this year due to overcrowding but I will be making an effort for them to return next year. As far as MC public schools go, St. Elmo deserves an A!

Posted November 05, 2008

Saint Elmo Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2008

Posted March 19, 2008

Posted May 15, 2007
This is my fourth year of being a St.Elmo parent ,overall it has to be one of the best in the MCPSS and it must be the cleanest school in the system.This is a direct reflection of the admin. staff who is directly responsible for this area.The quality of academic programs are well above average although I believe this school gets quite a lot of new-hire teachers just because it is so far away from the city which is not a good thing.Parent involvement is average.Student activities are extremely low ,no field trips in four years even though promises were made to take the kids on f-trips it always got cancelled.Most teachers and the Assistant principal are very caring and to a very good job(most)Overall a good experience.

Posted October 10, 2005
I GIVE THS SCHOOL A+. My sons started this year and I could not be moe pleased!I love this school,the teachers are freindly well educated and defently care about children. The office staff including the principal are very freindly and care about the childrens education and safety while there are at school.It is very clean outside and in the school! The cleanest school I HAVE EVER SEEN. It is a small caring ,loving,freindly school.Children come from homes where morals are taught and you work to earn your income and are not government sappers! ST.ELMO IS TRULY CHRIST BLESSED!

Posted May 09, 2005

Saint Elmo Elementary School
8666 McDonald Rd, Irvington, AL  36544
Last modified Saint Elmo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saint Elmo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top