Bad
Good

I have a daughter that attended in the past and a son that is currently enrolled in St. Elmo. I am really impressed with this school overall. My son has some physical limitations and is a transfer student, I've never had any issues with the principal wanting to deny his transfer or put him out. She has always been a kind and caring leader at this school and has been an extremely understanding person when my son was going through some health issues. I plan on keeping my son at this school through the 5th grade, this school seems to be ahead of some of the other schools in Mobile County and is a great place to have our children be taught.

my child attended this school all his life until he developed type 1 diabetes.we were on a tranfer.we had several conferences with 5th grade teachers annd mrs fletcher about his needs.she kicked us out in the middle of the year.my child will never forget this or get over what this Dispicable Principal did to him and his family.if your on a transfer she WILL get rid of you

My son spent two years at St. Elmo and it was a surprisinly wonderful expreience! It's true there are very few 'extracurricular' activities but that is par for MC K-5 schools. My son had great teachers and a great principal. We did have several field trips and a good bit of parent participation. The school is clean and safe (though it does need the play yard fenced). Our transferwas denied this year due to overcrowding but I will be making an effort for them to return next year. As far as MC public schools go, St. Elmo deserves an A!

This is my fourth year of being a St.Elmo parent ,overall it has to be one of the best in the MCPSS and it must be the cleanest school in the system.This is a direct reflection of the admin. staff who is directly responsible for this area.The quality of academic programs are well above average although I believe this school gets quite a lot of new-hire teachers just because it is so far away from the city which is not a good thing.Parent involvement is average.Student activities are extremely low ,no field trips in four years even though promises were made to take the kids on f-trips it always got cancelled.Most teachers and the Assistant principal are very caring and to a very good job(most)Overall a good experience.

Last modified Saint Elmo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.