No rating

Jacksonville Christian Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in Jacksonville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $104,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $550.

Posted September 2, 2014

I attended JCA from Kindergarten-12th grade, and after experiencing the close minded "holier than thou" attitude, I can honestly say I left the school having accomplished nothing but receive a diploma I feel I did not even put the proper work in for. The teachers constantly complain about their low salary, bring students down with rude remarks, as well as gossip about other students. A long with teachers being unqualified to fill their position, academics are a complete joke, and I feel I could have learned more in a year at a public school than I did in my entire high school years at JCA. The school lunches are overly priced and the athletic programs could receive a "boost." At JCA, I feel I did not receive the "real" high school experience with the lack of privileges allowed. We never received open lunch, free periods, or any typed of privileges even our senior year. Teachers are more infatuated in what you do outside of school (i.e. making sure you're not doing drugs, drinking, or having premarital sex) than actually teaching their subjects. I would not recommend this school to anybody. DO NOT send your children here. It is one of the worst schools in the state.

Posted September 2, 2014

All the teachers do is complain to the students about how they are underpaid and making a sacrifice by teaching there, as if it is the student's fault . They constantly gossip about the students and put them down. They will shove the bible down your throat and constantly condemn you and ridicule you for not living up to a certain standard. It's a good thing to teach about God and the bible but not the way they do it. I do not recommend this school.

Posted March 13, 2014

I cannot begin to express the appreciation I have for the teachers & principal at JCA. It is so comforting knowing that my child is being taught by teachers that love him. I love having achievement tests that I can tell how well he is doing. Last year he scored high on his SAT and I contribute it to the teachers that taught him. I would highly recommend JCA to any parent - elementary or high school. I believe they are on the right path!!

Posted May 9, 2012

I sent my children here and it is one of the WORST schools in the state! Teachers are unqualified, uncertified, very snobbish and they will gossip about your child or, in fact, yourself in the middle of class and to other students and teachers. I had this happen on several occassions by one teacher in particular who was never disciplined by the owners of the school or the principal. Lunches were atrocious, most times consisting of a cold sandwhich and a cookie and milk/water. Yet you are charged 3.00/day for it. The level of academics was also horrible, the teachers did not know how to explain lessons and they did not know how to answer students questions unless the answer was in thier teachers manual. Overall a horrible experience and i feel guilty and feel that I did my children a disservice in their education by sending them to this school.

Posted January 9, 2012

i went to jca for several years and did not benefit from anything there. i was exposed to the same things there as i would have been at any other school (drugs, alcoholism, sex) and the academics were far to easy and i was hurt in the long run. the teachers and coaches just are not up to the standard they should be therefor my children will not attend that school

Posted May 2, 2011

I sent my child to this school for several years, and I was not satisfied. The teachers are not qualified, the lunches are not worth the amount you pay for, and their coaches are awful. The classes were far to easy. When my child began coming home with good grades, I though that meant he was learning plenty, but in truth, the teachers were giving ample bonus points. Please, save your child his education and send him somewhere decent.

Posted January 27, 2011

If you want your children to receive a quality education with qualified teachers and administration. If you want them to be able to express themselves (within reason) and not be ridiculed and made fun of. If you want a place where quality and nutrition is chosen over price for lunches, then this is NOT the school you should send your children to. However if you want them to be able to worship God at will through the day, teachers who are christian and teach God's word then this would be the place for you. Especially if you are a friend/relative of one of the teachers/administration...then your children will be treated extra special.

Posted April 13, 2010

I love JCA because my daughter has more chances to play athletics there. Also, since it is a Christian school, she is receiving a Bible-based education. All of her teachers try to teach her a Biblical approach to every subject.

Posted August 24, 2009

I am very proud to be apart of Jacksonville Christian Academy.

Posted February 10, 2009

I have had three children graduate from JCA. All three have had great success in college. Two graduated with honors and my other child is presently in college and has been selected for several honor societies. I beleve the education and Christian training that they received from JCA helped them all exceed in college.

Posted October 29, 2007

Attention Parents: if you are looking for a great Christian school to send your child to, this is the one. The teachers, principal, students, and other staff members are so helpful. I have been going there since 2nd Grade and now I am in high school. I haven't had problems like I had in my public school. You can have problems in Christian schools, but not like public schools. The problems at JCA are simple problems such as: someone made fun of your shoes, not that someone is doing drugs in the bathroom or such. I love JCA and I would love for you to consider sending your child here. I know they would be treated kindly. Thanks!

Posted October 12, 2007

JCA is a great school both my children went there and it made a difference in their lives. It would be worth your time to check it out.

Posted July 12, 2007

Attention Parents and children: I transfered to this school when I was in 10th grade. I chose to go where quite a few of the kids were 'made' to go. It changed my life for the better. There is no telling where I would be without that school. Your child will get so much more than an education here. This school turned into my second family. I still keep in touch w/ my classmates. In this school, at least when I went, there were no snooty 'clicks' like in most schools. You are excepted and embraced for who you are.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 5, 2005

If you desire a great educational foundation for your child...do not send them here. However, if you want a Christian 'public' school..this is your place. The principal love these children...and is all about giving them a second chance, just like God does. It is a nice place to go to school and work. It is a Christian school not because everybody in the student population is a 'Super Christian', but because the teachers, and most students thought not all, have a freedom to worship God in the classroom. They can talk about Him, read the Bible, and pray to God. Because of the manipulation of the First Amendment public no longer 'can' do this...even though it is NOT against the law. Jacksonville Christian Academy does these things. The teachers are loving & dedicated. I know..I used to work there. Thank you.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 21, 2005

i am a student of Jacksonville Christian Academy.Parents: if you are looking for a good Chistian shchool to send your child to this is the school to choose. I have a lot better outlook on my self value because of the influence my school has had on me.

Asian 1% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 1%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ORUEF

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

831 Alexandria Rd SW