Posted September 02, 2014
I attended JCA from Kindergarten-12th grade, and after experiencing the close minded "holier than thou" attitude, I can honestly say I left the school having accomplished nothing but receive a diploma I feel I did not even put the proper work in for. The teachers constantly complain about their low salary, bring students down with rude remarks, as well as gossip about other students. A long with teachers being unqualified to fill their position, academics are a complete joke, and I feel I could have learned more in a year at a public school than I did in my entire high school years at JCA. The school lunches are overly priced and the athletic programs could receive a "boost." At JCA, I feel I did not receive the "real" high school experience with the lack of privileges allowed. We never received open lunch, free periods, or any typed of privileges even our senior year. Teachers are more infatuated in what you do outside of school (i.e. making sure you're not doing drugs, drinking, or having premarital sex) than actually teaching their subjects. I would not recommend this school to anybody. DO NOT send your children here. It is one of the worst schools in the state.

Posted September 02, 2014
All the teachers do is complain to the students about how they are underpaid and making a sacrifice by teaching there, as if it is the student's fault . They constantly gossip about the students and put them down. They will shove the bible down your throat and constantly condemn you and ridicule you for not living up to a certain standard. It's a good thing to teach about God and the bible but not the way they do it. I do not recommend this school.

Jacksonville Christian Academy 5

Posted March 13, 2014
I cannot begin to express the appreciation I have for the teachers & principal at JCA. It is so comforting knowing that my child is being taught by teachers that love him. I love having achievement tests that I can tell how well he is doing. Last year he scored high on his SAT and I contribute it to the teachers that taught him. I would highly recommend JCA to any parent - elementary or high school. I believe they are on the right path!!

Posted May 09, 2012
I sent my children here and it is one of the WORST schools in the state! Teachers are unqualified, uncertified, very snobbish and they will gossip about your child or, in fact, yourself in the middle of class and to other students and teachers. I had this happen on several occassions by one teacher in particular who was never disciplined by the owners of the school or the principal. Lunches were atrocious, most times consisting of a cold sandwhich and a cookie and milk/water. Yet you are charged 3.00/day for it. The level of academics was also horrible, the teachers did not know how to explain lessons and they did not know how to answer students questions unless the answer was in thier teachers manual. Overall a horrible experience and i feel guilty and feel that I did my children a disservice in their education by sending them to this school.

Posted January 09, 2012
i went to jca for several years and did not benefit from anything there. i was exposed to the same things there as i would have been at any other school (drugs, alcoholism, sex) and the academics were far to easy and i was hurt in the long run. the teachers and coaches just are not up to the standard they should be therefor my children will not attend that school

Jacksonville Christian Academy 2

Posted May 02, 2011
I sent my child to this school for several years, and I was not satisfied. The teachers are not qualified, the lunches are not worth the amount you pay for, and their coaches are awful. The classes were far to easy. When my child began coming home with good grades, I though that meant he was learning plenty, but in truth, the teachers were giving ample bonus points. Please, save your child his education and send him somewhere decent.

Jacksonville Christian Academy 3

Posted January 27, 2011
If you want your children to receive a quality education with qualified teachers and administration. If you want them to be able to express themselves (within reason) and not be ridiculed and made fun of. If you want a place where quality and nutrition is chosen over price for lunches, then this is NOT the school you should send your children to. However if you want them to be able to worship God at will through the day, teachers who are christian and teach God's word then this would be the place for you. Especially if you are a friend/relative of one of the teachers/administration...then your children will be treated extra special.

Jacksonville Christian Academy 0

Posted April 13, 2010
I love JCA because my daughter has more chances to play athletics there. Also, since it is a Christian school, she is receiving a Bible-based education. All of her teachers try to teach her a Biblical approach to every subject.

Jacksonville Christian Academy 4

Posted September 10, 2009

Jacksonville Christian Academy 0

Posted August 24, 2009
I am very proud to be apart of Jacksonville Christian Academy.

Jacksonville Christian Academy
831 Alexandria Rd SW, Jacksonville, AL  36265
Last modified Jacksonville Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Jacksonville Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top