Jacksonville, AL

Posted December 08, 2009
This school has got it all. From the tremendous effort put forth by the teachers and staff to give your child the complete education experience to the wonderful environment provided by the school, your child will be immersed in the best possible way to be the best that they can be.

Posted November 03, 2009

Posted March 02, 2009
I have 2 children in this school. One in 3rd grade and the other is in Kindergarten. The school is very high on teaching reading early in life. My youngest could not comprehend the concepts of sounds when she started now her teacher has dubbed her a Reading Robot.

Pleasant Valley Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2008
Wonderful school. My son loves it here.

Pleasant Valley Elementary School 1

Posted June 10, 2008
The schools dress code is very restrictive. Your child can't even wear a sleeveless shirt to school. They use paddles on children in school as a form a discipline. Recess is not had in some elementary grades. P.E. many times is sitting and watching films. If your child runs out of lunch ticket money and you forget to send it for them they will call you tell you your child does not have money to eat and they do not give loans. You either take off work to bring money for lunch or your child does not eat as stated in the school handbook. If you are new to the area and have not gone to school here all your life your child is treated differently than those that have. If your child does not answer with yes maam or no maam the teachers consider them disrespectful.

Posted August 30, 2007
My child is in 4th grade this year and has attended PVES since kindergarten. We have nothing but wonderful, positive feelings for the school and it's faculty. My son is in the gifted program and that has proved to be a fantastic program as well.

Posted May 25, 2005
I attended this school as a child,so I wanted my daughter to go here as well. I am amazed at the quality of everything here.All the students are hard workers & so are the teachers.My daughter just finished 1st grade & I am so thrilled with her progress.She can read at a 4th grade level,as can most of the 1st graders.They learn about their world,the enviroment,science,history,& all in a fun way.These kids are so smart.We do have the best teachers. I am very proud of this school!

Posted May 09, 2004
My daughter has been going to this school every since it opened 2 years ago. She is now in 2nd grade, and enjoys getting up and attending school. Upon recieving a new elementary school we also got a new principle. Ms. Gains has been absoultly great. She is involved with and interacts with all the children on a daily basis. It is my belief that Pleasant Valley Elementary School has the best Teaching Staff in Alabama as well as all other Staff members. When a child enjoys going to school, someone is doing something right! Three cheers to all Staff at Pleasant Valley Elementary!

Posted March 21, 2004
My son goes to this school, and he loves it. He is learning very well, and his teacher is great with him. He was about 2 months into school, and was coming home reading books. This school is great!

Pleasant Valley Elementary School
265 Mark Green Rd, Jacksonville, AL  36265
Last modified Pleasant Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Valley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top