Jacksonville, AL

Posted September 02, 2012
This is such a wonderful school. There are fantastic teachers who truly care about the students. I went there from 8th grade until graduation and loved every second of it. It is a great small, country school where everyone knows everyone.

Posted March 17, 2010
I had 2 children go to PV from K thru 12. I was always very pleased with the academic as well as the extracurricular activities available. If you ever feel you need to talk to someone at the school for any reason they always make time to spend with you. I feel that I as well as my children were blessed to attend this school.

Posted March 12, 2009
Everyone in this school is nice even though our band program is not reconized as well as some of the other sports in the school. If you are thinking about moving in the area i think that you r child would do well and prosper here.

Posted February 15, 2009
I have been very happy with Pleasant Valley High School. My son came from a big 5A school to PV. He is hearing impaired and everyone there seems very interested in him getting a proper education. I have been really happy with one teacher in particular, Ms. Jan Roberts she goes way above and behond her roll as a teacher. My son feels as if he also has a friend someone who will take time with him and ensure that he is not left behind. She is amazing with him for this I am very gratfull.

Posted January 30, 2006
Pleasant Valley High is in my opinion, one of the better schools in the area. My daughter went to Saks through 6th grade and we moved to P.V. Most of the teachers are willing to go the extra mile to help so long as they show a willingness to learn. Principle Giles is tough but fair, handling situations as they arise, instead of letting them get out of hand. From what I have seen, he shows no partiality with regards to punishment, etc. Two of my biggest issues with the school were (1) The kids are mean. If you want to live your own life and not be a robot, they will tear you down, and (2) the music department is limited so that if you do not join band in 7th grade, you can never join, thus making the band and students suffer. Overall a great school.

Posted January 20, 2006
All of my children love Pleasant Valley High School! The teachers do so much more than the any other school I have heard about. There are four computers in most classrooms. I think that is very important. The principal knows every child by name. That really impressed me, especially since there are over 700 students there. They offer many different sports teams, but the band is great too. Parents are made to feel welcome by everyone. I recommend this school to anyone moving into the area.

Posted January 13, 2006
When my daughter attended last year she loved it. We hated to leave. It is an excellent school and to be honest and I really don't want to offend anyone, my daughter liked that there very little students of other , how should I say, background.If you are lucky enough to be in this school district I think you will be satisfied.

4141 Pleasant Valley Rd, Jacksonville, AL  36265
Last modified Pleasant Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Valley High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top