Jasper, AL

Posted September 10, 2014
This school is decent aside from the extremely crooked and vindictive principal. I can assure you that if there is any good in this man, I sure haven't seen it.

Posted September 10, 2014
The teachers at this school might be great, but they're not worth putting up with the principal. I've never seen such an unfair and unkind educator.

Posted November 04, 2013
The principle is heartless in this school and holds personal vendettas against certain kids. He likes to punish kids without proof and allows other kids to harass kids with disabilities. He also allows teachers to write up students for there disability.

Posted August 04, 2009

Valley Jr High School 4

Posted June 12, 2009
January 8 2009 was one day of many. Perhaps the parent who posted that would understand if he/she knew all teachers were required to be at a board meeting downtown at 3:30 p.m. on that day. They were doing their job!

Valley Jr High School 0

Posted April 22, 2009
As a former parent and current grandparent of children in this school, I can say with authority that Valley Jr. High School is one of the best in our county. The teachers and principal are hard working and care about the education of every child. My children are well-rounded adults that both received advanced college degrees. Their foundation for success began with their elementary years at Valley Jr. High School. I expect the same for my grandchildren. The caring faculty and high expecations for academic success have remained constant throughout the years.

Posted July 08, 2008
As a parent of 2 students at Valley, I feel that there is no better school around. The academic standards are set high so that when you send your kids to school, they are getting the best education available. The only thing I would like to see is art and music classes made available, but for the resources that are available, the teachers at Valley far exceed what I expected as a parent. No school is perfect but this one comes close. My kids will have an adjustment leaving Valley for high school because it is such a closeknit environment where everyone cares for your child. Go Valley!

Posted June 11, 2008
Valley Jr. High has some fantastic teachers. I have two children who have attended valley all the way from k5 to 8th grade. I have a girl and a boy they have had different needs throughout their years at Valley and both have had their individual needs meet. I have one child with Dyslexia who has survived the much hated AR program at Valley and is a much stronger reader as a result. At times more effort has had to be put into helping the goal be reached but the staff at valley has always worked with me and my child to see the goals were meet. I am thankful to the staff at Valley Jr. High they are a great bunch.

Posted May 21, 2008
I was a former student of Valley Jr. High School and I must say that it is a fantastic school. The sports were always great, even though the other schools didn't respect us. Our academics were phenominal. When we would get a transer student, they could hardly catch up to what everyone else was learning. Most of the people are great too. But there are many stuck-up people. Also, parents: you and your child may not like the AR program, but it really helps. I hated it myself, but it's very useful. The teachers are amazing. You can talk to them like your own friends, and they try their very best to help you be on level with everyone else. All in all, I loved Valley. I wouldve changed a few things, but nothing worth it. I will miss it very much.

Posted February 15, 2008
I am a parent of 2 students who attend Valley. The level of education provided by the staff at Valley is second to none and all who are fortunate enough to attend receive the highest quality education around. The teachers display class and the utmost care for the students. There is no other school I would send my children to. Thanks for all you do teachers.

Valley Jr High School
155 Valley School Rd, Jasper, AL  35504
Last modified Valley Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Jr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top