Jasper, AL

T R Simmons Elementary School 5

Posted February 15, 2010
This is the best school I have ever been involved with, the teachers and staff are second to none.

T R Simmons Elementary School 4

Posted February 14, 2008
I have had one go through TR and one still attending and one will enter this fall. Overall, I think it is a good school. I think that we have been blessed with very good teachers all of our years there so far. I do think that too much emphasis is put on AR and test taking, which seems more for the schools scores (to make the school look good) than for the students. I am unhappy that in order to get the amount of math and reading in, some other subjects such as social studies and science are minimized. And physical education, which used to be important,has been reduced. Outdoor time is used more as a reward than a necessity. However, this is the way it seems to be all over, and from what I see, TR is a good choice over the other two schools in Jasper.

T R Simmons Elementary School 5

Posted September 26, 2006
My son started at TR Simmons after we came here as hurricane evacuees. The teachers and principal, Jim Clark, were very supportive. I like the fact that he had the same teacher for most of the subjects. The computer lab is excellent. The counselor really helped my son deal with all he is going through. They made outsiders feel welcome. The school is well supported by the community and it shows.

T R Simmons Elementary School
1001 Viking Dr, Jasper, AL  35501
Last modified T R Simmons Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
T R Simmons Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top