Jemison, AL

Posted March 01, 2009
The best thing about jemison is the band program our band directer cares about us highly but i cant say the same about our teachers .Not all of our teachers are that horrible.there is one teacher i have and she is highly discouraging .Sometimes im honestly a little scared to ask for help because she gets mad .BUt not all of the teachers are like that we have some teachers that are there to help you and not just to get paid .but thier principal can be highly uncaring (at times).other than that its notthe very worst school ive been to allthogh it is way not the best -a student at jemison

Posted May 15, 2008
When we first moved to the area we had our doubts about the school system. But we have been pleasantly surprised. This school is in a poor community but the quality of teachers is as good here as Mountain Brook in Birmingham. The school does not have the financial support needed but they do a great job with what they have. The key to ensuring your child gets the best education possible is to work with the school and be involved in what and how your child is learning. Help the teachers as much as you can and you'll see results. They have a lot of kids in class and it's hard for them to focus all of their attention on one child so stay behind your child and know what's going on. My complaints: The discipline is a little strict, the dress code being enforced next year is unnecessary.

Jemison Middle School 3

Posted May 23, 2007
This school is one of few schools that offer a program that teaches children that you would consider ,slow, not attentive, acts up in class, just wont pay attention or YOU NEED TO LEARN MORE kid. It is called dyslexia, Many of our children have it writing backwards, hard time learning to spell or read. Well here is proof My name is Ben Campbell I came to this school and could only read at K level now I read grade level 5th grade in one year. I still have only one year of this class left but this school is for kids, only the kids, an all about the kids. Just go see for your self.I am 13 yrs old, I can read spell and IQ are now equal of any other 13 yr old kid. Thanks you JMS...

Posted March 19, 2007
I was very concerned when I found that my daughter would have to attend Jemison Middle. We have been extremely pleased with the school, despite my concerns. They have an excellent discipline program and really support their staff's decisions.

Jemison Middle School 1

Posted February 15, 2007
This school is terrible. The teachers don't care one little bit about these kids. They are there to babysit and get a paycheck. My child struggles with bullies and reports incidents to them and they do nothing about it. The school he came from, he was a straight A student. He does good to get a B at this school. They do not help the kids with any of their work.

Posted February 02, 2007
I attend JMS and I love it!We have great programs for kids my age. The band program is supported highly and sports are too. Both teachers and staff encourage us to do our best.

Posted November 15, 2006
I really like JMS.But I wish that the teachers would communicate more with the email.Overall the school is great.

Posted September 04, 2006
One of the major problems of this school is the lack of parent involvement and concern. If more parents would get involved in their children's education, things at this school would improve dramatically.

Jemison Middle School 2

Posted February 07, 2006
I have been very disappointed in JMS. I was accustomed to more communication between teachers and parents. You very rarely know what is going on unless you happen to hear it in the community. The teachers give conduct marks left and right for things that have nothing to do with conduct! Silent lunch is a given most everyday and the prinicpal isnt much help when it comes to problems. Some of the teachers seem to care but then some ae just drawing a check so to speak. Hopefully a change in administration is around the corner. Good luck to anyone who puts their kid there!

Jemison Middle School 2

Posted March 28, 2005
Sports programs are great (Have to keep the AL tradition alive).Level of parent involvement seemed to be higher than average.Academic programs seems a little below average.

1491 County Road 44, Jemison, AL  35085
Last modified Jemison Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jemison Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top