Bad
Good

The best thing about jemison is the band program our band directer cares about us highly but i cant say the same about our teachers .Not all of our teachers are that horrible.there is one teacher i have and she is highly discouraging .Sometimes im honestly a little scared to ask for help because she gets mad .BUt not all of the teachers are like that we have some teachers that are there to help you and not just to get paid .but thier principal can be highly uncaring (at times).other than that its notthe very worst school ive been to allthogh it is way not the best -a student at jemison

When we first moved to the area we had our doubts about the school system. But we have been pleasantly surprised. This school is in a poor community but the quality of teachers is as good here as Mountain Brook in Birmingham. The school does not have the financial support needed but they do a great job with what they have. The key to ensuring your child gets the best education possible is to work with the school and be involved in what and how your child is learning. Help the teachers as much as you can and you'll see results. They have a lot of kids in class and it's hard for them to focus all of their attention on one child so stay behind your child and know what's going on. My complaints: The discipline is a little strict, the dress code being enforced next year is unnecessary.

This school is one of few schools that offer a program that teaches children that you would consider ,slow, not attentive, acts up in class, just wont pay attention or YOU NEED TO LEARN MORE kid. It is called dyslexia, Many of our children have it writing backwards, hard time learning to spell or read. Well here is proof My name is Ben Campbell I came to this school and could only read at K level now I read grade level 5th grade in one year. I still have only one year of this class left but this school is for kids, only the kids, an all about the kids. Just go see for your self.I am 13 yrs old, I can read spell and IQ are now equal of any other 13 yr old kid. Thanks you JMS...

I was very concerned when I found that my daughter would have to attend Jemison Middle. We have been extremely pleased with the school, despite my concerns. They have an excellent discipline program and really support their staff's decisions.

This school is terrible. The teachers don't care one little bit about these kids. They are there to babysit and get a paycheck. My child struggles with bullies and reports incidents to them and they do nothing about it. The school he came from, he was a straight A student. He does good to get a B at this school. They do not help the kids with any of their work.

I attend JMS and I love it!We have great programs for kids my age. The band program is supported highly and sports are too. Both teachers and staff encourage us to do our best.

I really like JMS.But I wish that the teachers would communicate more with the email.Overall the school is great.

Last modified Jemison Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.