Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son is in 3rd grade and only 2 of his past teachers were actually great. The teachers i didnt like have issues with children being kids and should find a new career. His kindergarten teacher was aweful to him and was mean and yelled at the kids and snatched his snack away from him and threw it across the room because he left it in his backpack. I do not like this school for the most part because of the teachers. I would recommend moving somewhere else instead of putting your child in this school. I am already seaching for somewhere else to live to take my kids out of this school. Its rated far better than it should be. I also went to this school and hated it back then and quit when i was of age because of fights and drama that went on there. Thankfully i was able to get my GED despite the lacking of learning from bad teachers. Only a few are exceptional and great at their jobs.

My daughter has learned alot @ this school. We work w. her daily. I have had some issues w/ disrespect from a staff member or two and the code of ethics is not stricktly followed by all teachers; However considering it is a public school filled w. indevidual teachers and not all ppl have the best moral, I do feel that aslong as you stay vidgulent in your childs education process This school will benifit then,

The staff at this school is very knowledgeable and willing to do what it takes. However, administration puts too much emphasis on testing to the detriment of other required and worthy objectives. History and Science is NOT taught in a manner required by state courses of study

Jemison elem. Is a very good school. I believe that if the school continue to except all diverse groups of people, the school will continue to have positive growth.

I am a parent of 4 children in the jemison school system in each school. We moved from a school that was horrible. Over all i love jes. Just wish the school would do a better job with reading it seems to focus more on speed than comprehension.

I wish that the principal made it more welcoming for parents to be involved. We came from out of state and attended a school that was very welcoming. It makes a huge difference in the school. More parent involvement = happier staff and children.

This is a wonderful school for our son, who is Autistic. He has developed so much and loves to go to school..! The teachers and the prin

I agree that Art and Music ae so very important. I have sent many emails to the board of education on this issue. I don't know what other steps need to be taken at this point. It may be an issue for the State BOE. Other than that, this is a great school. It is sad that the children are having this taken from them, unless you enroll them in private lessons. My children have been here since K and I have never got to see them in a play. I hope that something is done before my children are out of elementary school. Being as you can't get this time back.

Please, please place some importance on art and music! the school that we came from wasn't as large as this one and it offered a great art and music program. We saw the grades go up and the children actually loved school much more. It makes a huge difference! other than that, I am pleased with jes.

Since my grandchildren moved from such a terrible school system, perhaps I am overwhelmed by the difference! Smaller classes, organized teachers, teachers who make themselves available to parents - Trust me when I say, if you've seen what must be among the worst school system in the state, you can appreciate being in a truly education-motivated environment such as this school!

Last modified Jemison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.