Killen, AL

Posted August 16, 2012
I am so thankful that we put our three children in Brooks High School. We couldn't be more pleased with the education our children are receiving. We have some excellent ACT scores to attest to the priorities of the Brooks High Staff. Also, our kids are in numerous sporting venues and I have been so impressed with how these Brooks families come together to support their athletes. They even have a UNA professor volunteering here with their Cross Country team. Everyone volunteers and works together. It is Awsome to see such a large school come together in so many ways like one big family. Thank you Brooks Staff and parents for making our family feel so welcomed, supported and loved! Brooks High School doesn't just educate our children. They strive to send our kids out into the World prepared to face life with a positive outlook and the skills needed to excel.

Posted August 31, 2011
A great school that serves as a great asset to the community. It's not perfect but I don't think there is any school with no problems. I am proud to be a graduate of Brooks High School.

Posted April 05, 2011
For any parent considering an education at Brooks I would definately recommend placing your child here. I have had two children at this school, the first of which received a full tuition scholarship to the University of Alabama. My second child transferred to Providence Middle School in Huntsville and let me tell you there is a difference. At least at Brooks you will not have kids cussing, throwing books and attacking the teacher in class. It is simply not tolerated at Brooks. The academics are there if your child is willing to do what is necessary to achieve a higher standard. Parent and community involvement is wonderful at this school. Football is a big part of the school true enough but without it the students academics would suffer. The school my daughter transferred to does not even have enought books for every student in the class which numbered up to 42.....class size is a huge consideration. The staff at the Brooks are all very professional and caring about each and every student.

Brooks High School 3

Posted April 30, 2010
I wouldn't recommend BHS. I am a junior and I've finally realized that when it is time for college, I am going to be so lost. Most of the teachers do not teach and when they do it is just confusing. And yes most of my classmates do smoke and drink. Most of the boys also dip in class. If you want a good education for your child and if you want them well rounded, don't send them here.

Brooks High School 3

Posted March 17, 2010
North Alabama has such a rich musical history that the lack of funding and support for the fine arts at many of the schools in the area is disconcerting to say the least. Though Brooks High School is sufficient for the 'basics' of a child's schooling, it is no different in that regard and the more artistically and/ or musically inclined students are sorely neglected. I would encourage all parents whose creative children will attend area schools to seek training for them outside the normal school systems.

Posted January 01, 2009
I am a Brooks graduate and my overall experience with the school was a positive one. I am not saying it was perfect by no means, but the positives definitely out-weigh the negatives. I was an athlete and was involved in many other extracurricular activities. I have read other reviews about how our school is all about football and sports. This is not entirely true. Yes these things are a big part of school life, just as they are at any other school in the South. They bring students together and teach those that participate many valuable lessons that they can use once they graduate. The academic programs at Brooks have prepared me very well for college and I am grateful for the wonderful teachers I had. Brooks is a great school and you can get what you want out of it if you try.

Posted November 14, 2008
I am a student at Brooks High, and I love it there. There is not really an 'IN' crowd at all, everyone mostly sticks with their friends. I have never been pressured to do anything that I didn't want to do, and I am not bullied, nor have I witnessed being anyone being bullied. It may happen, sure, but it is not openly a problem. We have an extremely smart class, and the students work hard and achieve. Our teachers are great also. I do play sports, and it isn't the school's number one priority. I would recommend this school to anyone, because it isn't difficult to fit in!

Posted September 11, 2008
Ok there are several things being said wrong on this website about Brooks. I'm going to be up front and honest yes we do have problems at Brooks but they are nothing that every school does not have. I would also like to make some corrections. Starting with we do have calculus! We have wonderful administrators and teachers. I am a straight A student and my parents have never went to the school and been in my business. We also do not have money and I do not play sports and I am treated the same as everyone else. About the whole football parking lot being paved that is stupid not just football players park back there and it is used for more than football games. The front parking lot is paved and the majority of the students park in the front or back.

Posted July 20, 2008
i'm 16 and about to begin my junior year at Brooks High School. People say that Brooks is just a sports school. Football is the main priority. Yes, football is important, but football season is important to everyone, it brings the school closer together. we are more than football though. I mean just look at the band program, we have one of the best marching bands and auxilaries in the state.Let me remind you, where would marching band be with out the football program? the teachers at our school are great. Yes, they do occasionally get fed up with our antics, but when they know we really want/need the help they are there. Our students make good grades, were not all on drugs and pregnant, were not all out throwing hotel parties at the Marriott, were just being teenagers.

Brooks High School

Posted April 18, 2008
I think it should be a screaming alarm to the school to hear so many current/past student say the school is failing on an academic level. The parking lot to the football field is paved, the lot for the students and band area, greatly ignored. What about science, math, fine arts? Sure the football games earn money for the school, but it seems all that money is turned back around to the football areas. School isn't about 'football', believe it or not, there is a whole world of information our kids are missing out on. Get with the program.

Brooks High School
4300 Hwy 72, Killen, AL  35645
Last modified Brooks High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brooks High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top