Kinston, AL

Kinston School 2

Posted November 10, 2010
As a parent of a 8th grade student and a former student, I will say the school as a whole is nice.. It is nice that the school is on a smaller scale, however being a smaller school if you ever get into trouble or a rumor is started not only does most of the Faculty treat you in a different manner but the students. The teachers that my youngest son ( who has ADD) do not try to work with him. I have spoken to the High School counselor and even the Principal. Also unfortunately being a small school it does matter what your last name is, as far as sports and also on many other matters. I will say the Principal is a very good one, and the school is a very safe environment.

Posted March 27, 2010
If college is th e next step, keep in mind that KHS goes into little detail about evolution, including omitting Darwin's 'Origins of the Species'. 'Catcher in the Rye' is not issued, like most schools - was it sensored on purpose? I feel those kids missed out on this great book at the time they would enjoy it most.

Posted November 15, 2009
this school is so fun because there ard no fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Posted July 27, 2009
Ok I graduated Valedictorian. I can spell and type correctly on a computer. So anyone who wants to say Kinston is not up to par with other Schools, just read this before you decide where you want your child to go. Kinston is the only School around itself presently that requires a 8 page college level research paper in the 10th grade. Most schools around don't require it until the 12th grade. English 101 in college normally requires 4 essays and 1 research paper. What school around Kinston can compare to that...? None. And as far as Math goes....I always had an A. Algebra I, II, III, Trig, Pre-Cal, Geo, and Statistics are the curriculum for grades 9-12. Not 4 of those....all of those. ACT scores and excellent enough for most students to get scholarships for college. Teachers are eager to help as long as students are willing to learn.

Kinston School 4

Posted October 14, 2008

Posted October 11, 2008
My daughter started Kindergarten at Kinston this year. She loves it and I do too. She is already reading and doing basic math. I have friends that have children in kindergarten in other schools close by and they are just now starting to do the things my child was doing the second week of school. The teachers are very nice and easy to talk with. I could not imagine my child being anywhere else. This truly is a great school!!!

Posted August 20, 2008
I am a student and a cheerleader at KHS (: Despite ANY of the reviews on here that are old and make the school sound like we are just slow, country 'folk', I think Kinston is the best of the best. I am proud to say I go to Kinston. It excells in everything and is on the list as one of the best schools in the nation. I have attended KHS since kindergarten. I have never felt unsafe. It is a very loving environment. I think I'm rambling, but if anyone has taken the time to read this, I just want to say that KHS is the best. When I'm here I feel at home. If you have the chance to go to KHS I would recommend it to everyone.

Posted August 11, 2008
I am a parent of two (2) children that attend Kinston High School. My children have attended since they began school. My son is a senior this year and my daughter is in the 7th grade. I am from Montgomery, AL and would never consider taking them anywhere else!! My husband and mother-in-law graduated from Kinston. I can only say positive things about this school. I would recommend Kinston to anyone that wants a positive educational experience for their children.

Posted May 26, 2008

Posted October 28, 2007
At this school girls are encouraged to excel in all areas. The teachers are top notch, the administration responsive, and the atmosphere conducive to learning.

Kinston School
201 College St, Kinston, AL  36453
Last modified Kinston School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kinston School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top