PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted June 24, 2011
I firmly believe my child is getting a quality education at Chambers. The teachers are dedicated, hard working and really care about the children. The classes are small enough that they don't get lost in the system.

Posted June 24, 2011
I have two sons who graduated from Chambers Academy. Both received scholorships to four year universities and each received their degree in four years. They were well prepared.

Posted April 19, 2011
I am a graduate of Chambers Academy who went straight to a 4 year university, graduated and did well in my life. When I returned to the LaFayette area I enrolled my kids at Chambers Academy. I have been very pleased with my children's education, and believe that they would not have received a better education anywhere in central Alabama. The teachers are good, the classes are small, there is a family feel, and a very safe environment. Chambers Academy has been a wonderful experience as a student and as a parent!

Chambers Academy 1

Posted March 19, 2010
One of my children attended Chambers for 2 yrs, pre-K and K. I was not impressed, their education consists of mostly work book type, no real instruction, too many small children. The other children seemed unruly. It's not clean, rather filthy. For what you pay it's really not worth it, you can get a much better education at the public school IF you are an involved parent and work with your child, insist on good grades and assist with nightly homework. I've know many people who have attended Chambers and to be honest it will not guarantee a better education or distinguishment of any sort unless your primary concern is attending a primarly 'white' school. I for one prefer a more divers enviorment for my children, who accept, learn from, respect and appreciate all people regardless of color. More diversity is needed at Chambers.

Posted July 29, 2009
Chambers Academy is a less than ideal school to send your child to. I agree with the other poster in that it has potential, but the leadership is awful. I walked in one day between classes and there was such chaos in the halls with the students and not a teacher to be found. This is why I pay tuition? One student was yelling profanity because the halls were in such chaos. Some serious, consistent guidance and discipline is in order at this school. And teachers who are actually motivated and happy to be teaching would be nice as well. Thank goodness my child graduates soon. Would send her to another school, but the public school is not good.

Posted November 03, 2008
This school is actually very good. I have read these other reviews and they are no where even close to how it really is. Chambers is a small school that allows all of the students to become a close knit family. Everybody knows everybody and are normally close friends. I graduated from Chambers after being there my entire life. I had the best bunch of friends anybody could ask for. Also the teachers are very qualified. The other review said they didn't care about the students but I know from experience that they do. Chambers does not have a problem with drugs or violence. When I was a student there I may have seen 5 fights over 12 years and never had an encounter with any illegal drugs. Chambers is a great school that really prepares you for life and helps you grow into a very distinguished person.

Posted October 01, 2008
My child attended this school for 2 years. And i'm sorry to say did not receive much of an education. Very poor leadership, a couple of teachers actually taught, but most were not concerned at all. The guidance counselor is very lazy and does not motivate these kids for college. It is ridiculous to pay tuition and get a much better education at public school.

Chambers Academy 3

Posted April 16, 2008
This school has potential but is lacking in direction. Has some great teachers who care about their students as well as some teachers who seem very unhappy. To pay private tuition for this school, work really needs to be done in the area of guidance, discipline and motivation.

15048 US Highway 431, Lafayette, AL  36862