Lanett, AL

Springwood School 1

Posted December 17, 2014
Horrible school, horrible administration, and all around poor. As an Alumni I ashamed to claim that I went to Springwood. The school has gone from once being a wonderful fun learning environment to a place where rules and discipline are more important than teaching. A clean sweep is needed and things need to change. I truly ache for those who are still attending that god awful establishment

Posted March 01, 2010
Our first year at Springwood has been a very positive and rewarding experience for my entire family. The faculty and staff at Springwood are devoted to providing an academic setting that is state of the art, and I am confident that my child is receiving the best possible education. Springwood is committed to providing a powerful, Christian based, educational environment for its students, and words cannot express my deep appreciation for the opportunity to be a part of that commitment.

Posted March 01, 2010
Springwood was my first choice when it came time to enroll my children in school. My husband, however, was not convinced it was the right decision. He had always attended public school and did not see the need to send them to a private school. After many hours of looking at the campus, interviewing teachers, the elementary director, and the headmaster, he was certain that Springwood was the place for our children. With a law enforcement and military background, he was very concerned about their safety in school as well as the curriculum. He was very pleased with how Springwood School addressed both concerns. Both he and I have been very impressed with the curriculum as well as the constant communication and accessibility of the teachers and administration. We are also extremely excited about the new Headmaster, Mr. Parsons. His positive energy, genuine love for our children, and Christian influence is exactly what we want for our children. We are so excited about the direction he is taking Springwood and cannot wait for what lies ahead!

Posted January 29, 2010
Well, I am parent of 2 children who are currently attending this school. The academics are great, but teachers have difficult time disciplining many students in my oldest child's class. There is constant bullying and confrontations among girls and boys, especially physical altercations between girls and boys. Girls behave .... Overall, I would rate the school on academics (4star) because it is 1 grade behind Georgia. When moved, my son was learning elementary pre-algebra. I give 2 stars because of the constant bullying and lack of respect from the students toward other classmates. I give the teachers 5 stars for tolerating disrespectful students.

Posted August 28, 2009
I am a student of Springwood. I have gone there since kindergarten. Loved every year. We have gotten a new headmaster and our school spirit and campus has improved so much since school started back. My teachers are very educated and teach us well. We got 56 new students this year and we hope for much more next year. Lastly, our technology program is excellent.

Posted April 05, 2009
We moved our family to the area from metro Atlanta in search of a better quality of life and a family oriented community. With education a top priority, we were looking for a private school similar to what we experienced in Atlanta. Springwood has met and exceeded all our expectations...................and at a third of the cost!

Posted April 04, 2009

Posted October 27, 2008
I have had three children attend Springwood and I have been very satisfied. The first two were boys and were well prepared to get into good and nationally recognized liberal arts college. The last child, a girl, is a senior and will also be able to attend a top liberal arts college. Students graduating from Springwood are able to write!! They have also been exposed to the latest computer technologies which they will be asked to use at college. The fine arts program is also especially good....a rarity for this geographic area.

Posted October 13, 2008
Springwood just introduced a pioneering and high-tech Tablet Computer program for every student in the high school. The kids love it and are excelling. We moved to Lanett from metro Atlanta several years ago. Some of the local residents that don't have a frame of reference think Springwood is too expensive but at around $6,000/child, it is an extraordinary value for a college-prep academy. The campus is beautiful, the amenities are incredible, the teachers are outstanding and the education is unparalleled. Also, the students are bright, respectful and talented. Truly, I couldn't find a better group of peers for my kids.

Posted October 13, 2008
Springwood has always been and continues to be an excellent private school offering strong academics and varied extracurricular activities. Many students participate in 3-4 activites and become excellent leaders as well as scholars. The technology program is the best in the area, and the size of the school allows for exceptional personal attention.

Springwood School