Bad
Good

I can't say enough great things about LES. Both my kids attend there and we have had nothing but a great experience. My kids love it, and are learning so much. The teachers are highly qualified and professional, great with the kids, and have the best for each child in mind. The administration is extremely accessible and helpful. I highly recommend this school to parents with elementary age kids looking for a great environment for their kids' education.

My child has attended school here for seven months, she loves it here. I'm very pleased with their policies, teachers and school leaders. The school nurse has been amazing. I feel like they take security very serious.

Leeds Elementary has been a great experience for both of my children. Their programs like the school safety patrol and jump rope team have given the students something to strive for to be positive role models for others. The teachers are caring and understanding and work hard with their students everyday to make sure they are learning to the best of their ability.

I have 3 kids in the Leeds School system, with one having used the Early Intervention program for speech improvement. We have loved every teacher that my kids have had so far. The teachers are caring and thorough. The teachers my kids have had have high expectations for all of their students and encourage the kids to meet their goals. Based on the testing scores my children are exceeding the national average in each subject matter tested.

Leeds Elem. We thought moving into this school zone would be good for our children but sadly it did not turn out that way. Bullying is not under control or in my opinion being address properly. Rosalind Wiseman could base an entire book series on this place. It s a jumbled mess of poor communication, parents not focusing on parenting, teachers just trying to make it to the end of the school year, and kids getting away with poor behavior because it is easier than dealing with defensive parents. Are there any caring teachers? Yes, there are. Are there any good kids? Yes, there are. However they are being out shined by the negative aspects of the schools.

Leeds Elementary School is a very laid back environment, My son came from a more aggressive teaching school, The teachers send out letters introducing themselves and their qualifications and I have learned that the teachers that they have also taught at the middle school, where they only have to teach one subject so with them transferring to a Elementary School where they have to teach "ALL" subjects its difficult for them to do, since they only specialize in one subject. I have noticed that the kids are behind at the school, which I feel is due to the teachers of having to teach subjects in which they don't specialize in. I feel like this is setting the kids up for failure. The teachers have a Degree in Elementary Education but don't want to be bothered by the students, and will send them home for little petty stuff.

We have had an excellent experience with Leeds Elementary so far. Our son will be starting second grade in the fall and he is truly looking forward to it! He has had great teachers there in the Kindergarten and First grades; patient and understanding, and willing to challenge and encourage him.

I have been very pleased with Leeds Elementary. My son started there last year for kindergarten where he finished the year already knowing 4th grade sight words for reading. He has enjoyed both years there so far. He looks forward to going and learning each day. My daughter receives pre-school services due to her special needs. The school system has been very accommodating. We have been impressed with all of the teachers and administrators.

I'm glad to see that my son, Bradley, in Mrs. Golden's 3rd grade class is having a great start at Leeds Elem this year. Thank all of you for your great teaching and leadership at LES.

Great school! Have friends in vestavia and mountain brook - lot's of problems comparing to us (was shocked to know). My daughter loves the school, learned a lot in less then a year. Teachers are great, superintendant is awsome - hope we'll grow into a great school district in the near future.

Last modified Leeds Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.