Lincoln High School

Public | 8-12

Posted September 24, 2012

Lincoln Elementary, Drew Middle, and Lincoln High Schools are great schools! I would recommend these schools for anyone. Lincoln is a great community.

Posted September 19, 2012

You can say what you want about the quality of the education at this school; but, I graduated from Lincoln with less than steller grades and went to College in Maryland. I completed a four-year degree in Aeronautics in just over two years and graduated with a 3.94 GPA. I am currently finishing up my Masters and have a 4.00 Graduate School GPA. Like most things in life, if you want a good education, you can get it. Lincoln is a small, close knit community and I love being here! They will offer it, whether or not you get it is up to you!

Posted December 20, 2011

My son is a sophomore this year and I really wanna talk about the sophomore teachers. Some of them are nice, while the others are totally the OPPOSITE!!! My son told me that the teachers had bad attitudes towards him. I am not saying which teacher, but I think that teacher knows who I'm talking about. You are not treating my kids right, maybe others too. Different attitudes towards every students, not treating them the same! ( I believe my kids are not the only one) You should be regret for being a teacher cause being a teacher is such a waste for you! A teacher shouldn't be lazy for doing his work, not responsible, bad attitudes and bad teaching skills .

Posted September 13, 2011

My daughter went to this school last year.I was very disappointed so much we moved only after 6 weeks of school. I was not allowed to eat lunch with my child, the school requires uniforms for students, but the teachers get to wear what they want to.The staff are all very rude and disrespectful to parents.Parents are not allowed to speak to other students while on school property even if the other students make the first gesture of a hand shake or saying "Hey".When I was withdrawing my daughter, the staff was like "WHATEVER".This school doesn't welcome outsiders.

Posted September 13, 2011

My daughter went to school ,I withdrew her from there after 6 weeks. This school is far below the schools in Georgia.My daughter was doing the same work in 12th here that she did in 10th grade in Ga.The staff and teachers are direspectful to parents.My daughter came home crying everyday because she was unhappy.I won't recommend this school to anyone. The town doesn't like outsiders either.

Posted February 23, 2009

Im a senior at Lincoln High School that has been to many different schools in my time. I have to say Lincoln is my favorite school. Its a small school where the teachers know all their students by name and are willing to help in any way that they can. Even though they are small they still try to offer as many advanced classes as they can. I am currently taking AP Calculus and AP Biology. The food at Lincoln is also much better than any of my previous schools. Lincoln also has phenomenal athletics. We made to the third round in the football playoffs, our boys track team won state last year, and we have a two time state champion wrestler(four other boys qualified for state as well). Over all Lincoln is a great that I would recommend for anybody.

Posted February 6, 2009

I feel very fortunate to live in a community that offers such great leadership in the school system. The staff at Lincoln Elem., Drew Middle, and Lincoln High School are outstanding & are genuinely concerned with the education of the children in their care.

Posted December 18, 2008

I have two children who graduated from Lincoln High School. They both turned out fine. One is in college and the other is working. I think that parents blame school administration for entirely to much. If you feel that race, gender, or any other things are prohibiting your child from getting the best education, just think about what they will have to deal with on jobs, and college. Life will deal you obstacles, but the parent has to let the child know that the most important thing in life is your education. I gave that knowlege to my kids. Lincoln High School is not the problem.... parents must be held accountable...!

Posted December 9, 2008

The teachers at this school are very unfair and I have realized that they favor race. The school doesn't offer very many classes and the teachers are irresponsible. I can't move away from this school so I think I should atleast be able to get the best I can while I'm here. The students either don't get in as much trouble as they should or get punished for something they didn't do. There is no happy medium. The football team is really good, I will give them that but there really isn't much of anything else.

Posted January 4, 2006

I am an graduate of lincoln high school class of 1999. My experience at lincoln was very fulfilling to my I gained alot of friends and alot of knowledge from teachers and fellow students. I am dissapointed in the comments made by some of the people saying lincoln was a bad school, the teachers there teached us everything that we where suppose to learn, dont blame lincoln blame the board of eduaction a teacher can only teach us what they learn and what they are allowed to teach us.I am applauded all teachers for there hard work and dedication to all students at talladega county. My child is a student there now, and i wouldnt send him anywhere else but to lincoln high school. So for all you people talking about the education was poor I am fine and so are everybody else who graduated from lincoln. Thanks Ms. Rivers.

Posted November 1, 2005

I graduated in 2005. I believe that although the education wasn't the best, the teachers still wanted you to become the best I cuould be. Thanks to all the teachers that made my high school expierence great. Powder

Posted October 21, 2005

as a former graduate of Lincoln High I feel as though I should share my experience. The time spent at LHS was four of the best years of my life due to the friendly 'family' environment. Although the quality of education isn't the highest in the state of Alabama,the dedicated staff strive to enhance each student academically and instill a sense of moral value to prepare them for their future. I would also like to thank coach Tyree, coach Jay, Mrs.Rivers, coach Howard, and Mrs.Phillips for the best senior year(2005,that is!) anyone could ask for!

Posted August 21, 2005

Why was it that the non-tenured teachers were fired from this school. When Lincoln was a good place for our children to recieve an education, the students were treated as 'family' now it seems there are too many chiefs and not enough indians, no discipline because the students seem to have the popular vote on policy and the teachers cannot govern the classes because of intimidation. Sure the new school built with my tax dollar is nice, but where is the education, not sex ed, lie, cheat and steal classes, sell and introduce my child drugs, alcohol, and smoking classes. This is not the education I grew up with. There was order in our classes, we learned what our books held information about, not assignments on the web, so what if my kid doesn't have a computer, online service or can get to the library by 3:30. Teachers taught, not students.

Posted May 30, 2005

I graduated in 1992 and went into the Air Force. After entering a highly competitive career field in communications, I have had to use everything I learned in school at some point. I have also completed my Associates degree and working on my masters. I feel that the education that I received from Lincoln helped me more than I would have ever believed. I think that if the students in the later classes would buckle down and actually study that they would find this to also be the truth. Proudly serving SSgt Kevin L. Dulaney, USAF

Posted May 3, 2005

I am former student (1996) and a parent, who has moved to shelby County and I have to say that after going to college, I found that I was poorly educated. I was not offered the things that other people were. I feel as if I was not fully prepared for college. Therefor it made it difficult for me in the first year to adjust. I hope things have improved since my time there, but I have chosen not send my children there to find out. Tonya

Posted April 27, 2005

i'm not a parent but i'm a student. i have gone to lincoln schools for all of my education. i'm hurt by the ex-students bad comments. lincoln is a really good school, with very experienced staff. and this year we have a really great new principal.

Posted February 4, 2005

I graudated in 2004, and I am happy to say It was from lincoln. Lincoln was a 3A school so we didn't get much like 4A or 5A schools did. The Faculty are very nice, and the students are too. Lincoln is a great school to attend.

Posted December 12, 2004

This school is an okay place to finish high school.It is relatively easy and most graduates just go to JSU anyways.

Posted April 20, 2004

I would have graduated from Lincoln High in '99 but I moved away to California which I can honestly say was the best thing I have ever done. This high school is subpar in every aspect sans agriculture and their pale in insignificance to most other schools in an agricultural based region of the country. The only saving grace for the entire school was the open minded math teacher Mr. Murrell. He made the largest impact in my high school experience.

Posted September 29, 2003

I am actually a graduated student from the class of 1999. I have ventured out into the world and found that Lincoln High is a very poorly educated school with hardly any advanced acheivement classes. I have an advanced diploma and I find that compared to most schools that my friends have went to, Lincoln is way behind. I am disappointed to learn what I missed out on going to Lincoln High.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 80% in 2013.

Scale: % level 3 or 4

In 2012-2013 Alabama used the Alabama Reading and Mathematics Test (ARMT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math. The ARMT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

All Studentsn/a

Not migrantn/a
Povertyn/a
Not povertyn/a
Scale: % level 3 or 4

The different student groups are identified by the Alabama Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 95% in 2013.

Language

The state average for Language was 76% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 86% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 72% in 2013.

Scale: % passing

In 2012-2013 Alabama used the Alabama High School Graduation Exam (AHSGE) to test high school students in reading, math, language, biology and social studies. High school students must pass the AHSGE in order to graduate. The AHSGE is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 98% in 2013.

Language

The state average for Language was 91% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 95% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 94% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 88% in 2013.

All Students98%

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 68%N/A56%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

78989 Al Hwy 77