Bad
Good

I have been attending Luverne High School for 12 years now and I can honestly say I love every minute of my time here. It's likes great big family! The students all get along well and know each other by name, and the teachers really go out of their way to help each and every child. I personally believe Luverne continually grows and becomes a better place! When I graduate and have my own children they will be LHS Tigers! Go Big Red!

As a parent of two children at Luverne School i can not say enough good things about this school. The academics are top notch and are constantly changing to intergrate the latest educational trends. The administation strive daily to maintain a safe and successful learning environment. The prinicpal truly loves the children and it shows in his daily actions. Most teachers are in education for the right reasons and seem to love teaching at Luverne. This school is drenched in tradition and children graduate with a sense of closeness and readiness for the world. Luverne is also known for its championship athletic programs where children learn a love and respect for their school, coaches and for each other. But regardless of your athletic ability this school provides something for everyone, from the clubs, to the Band program to academic excellence every child at Luverne should feel loved. So if you are looking for a school with the whole package Luverne School is the place.

I know this HS inside out. On the positive side, there is a great tradition of excellence and some really fantastic teachers. There are also some lazy teachers who show up to get a check and can't be fired. There is no focus on academics at this school period. There is focus at times on doing well for tests and I would concur with those who say the focus is on sports although it is not for a profit(as someone else said). The principal currently is quite good but the assistant principals are ineffective in most all areas. Discipline is going downhill fast and most seem to be oblivious to the trend but its directly related to the weakness of the punishments (ISS/alternative school). Luverne I think is at a turning point, going up or down I don't know.

I have 4 children that attend Luverne School and I will agree the school is not perfect but it is far superior that a lot of other schools I know of. If I have a problem or questions about school work I can speak to my children's teacher that day. If I have a home work question at night all I have to do is pick up the phone and call the teacher. When writing sentences, in school suspension. isolated snack or lunch, and office referral doesn't work than I believe it is time for a paddling, and yes I do understand that EVERYONE is entitled to their personal opinion.

I think that LHS is a great place to send a child. Especially if you want them to get a education.

This school like most alabama schools put SPORTS first... It's more about Making Money Than Making the Grade... Also Drugs and Violence are passed over with a minimun of concern... Corporal punishment is so Old Fashion. The teachers are good but the powers that be will not change. Overall.... If you teach with the status Quo you're ok.. But should you be different you will not last.. This small Town school still carry the attitude of seperate but equal. It will be a long time before Education catches up to their Sports. If a child should injure themselves playing: They may as well drop out. There is absoulutely no support. I rate this school -8

LHS really will not except change. As a parent They tend to my Childs Atleticism vs Education.. This school seek Profit b4 education. I wish I had a real say in what goes on at the school.. In addition Have'nt theses Educators learned Corporal punishment don't work,,, Get out of the Dark Ages.Just because you beat children don't mean they will learn the way you want them too, They may learn to Hit just like you... another thing I'm concernrd with is why do most of the Teachers Called themselves Coach, what is that all about? Maybe that's why the school is below average. I'm truly concerned that's why i must always stay in the library with my children.

its not where it should be but i do know that i love this school and i would never transfer to another.

Last modified Luverne High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.