PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted January 30, 2016
I transferred my three children into this school from another private school in this area thinking it would be a safe and academic environment seeing this is a Christian School. The academics are not up to par to National standards - this was our first disappointment, I have had to enroll my children in outside extra curricular math just to keep them learning and moving forward verses staying stagnant. The biggest disappointment is how this school allows bullying to occur. We have learned this school offers scholarships to kids based on their athletic ability, thus if these children are bullies they receive no discipline and rather are very protected. My son has been bullied by one child since we have been their this year, I have had multiple documented meetings with his teacher as well as the lower school principle and each time the outcome is the bully has been protected. I do not recommend this school to anyone searching for high academics nor a truly Christian environment in which bullying is not tolerated. We will not return next year - it is not worth the money.

Posted January 15, 2016
They have no discipline set up for school bullies. The new principle is not effective. She has added common core math that has everyone confused and wondering why we are paying for this private school when it's the equivalent of public school.

Madison Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 18, 2015
This school is a waste of time and money. All they do is load you up with homework, and don't even teach it. My dad has to teach me everything when I get home, as if I am home schooled. I used to be a A's and B's student. Now it is a real struggle, I am borderline B's and I get C's/D's simetimes. First day of school I was about 1 minute late, and all they did was complain about me being late. This school was the worst decision of my life. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL

Posted July 16, 2015
Great teachers and students. DE and AP classes are available. Great facilities. Also great athletics with awesome coaches

Posted May 17, 2015
I absolutely love Madison Academy! As a student, I can tell you that the school challenges me academically as well as spiritually. Some people think that because the school is Church of Christ affiliated, their child might not be treated the same way as all the other children, but that simply is not true. I am not Church of Christ, but I find that it does not hinder me in anyway. A student's experience here is what they make of it, not what others make of it for them. My favorite thing about this school is its love of Christ. We are really just one big family who can join together and worship him not only in chapel, but also in the classroom. Many teachers and coaches desire a personal relationship with each student, and they strive to help their students reach their academic and spiritual goals everyday. If you want your child to be challenged academically, athletically, and spiritually, than Madison Academy is by far the best place for your child. The price may be steep, but I truly think it is worth it.

Posted October 23, 2014
This is a wonderful school. The communication between parents, faculty, and administrative staff is second to none. If you're looking to make a solid investment in your kid's future, then I highly recommend Madison Academy.

Posted October 22, 2014
Worst decision I've ever made. Practically homeschooled my child the entire time. I feel that I and my child were poorly treated and sought better more cost effective alternatives. I personally feel that the school isn't worth the money we paid and spent. I'm extremely disappointed! Don't waste your time or resources!

Posted August 25, 2014
Too much politics not enough teaching. Basically had to homeschool what the teachers should have been teaching and didn't! It's all about how much money they squeeze out of you for everything.

Madison Academy 4

Posted August 24, 2014
This school is what you make of it. They offer an advanced degree with some AP classes. It is true that they do not offer as large of a selection as a Bob Jones. It is a much smaller environmnet and very clicish according to church affiliation. It is much easier to have a child in different grades because they are all on the same campus. Some kids graduate from here and do as well as from anywhere else. If you are willing to pay for the convenience and you need the before and after school care, you probably can not beat it. The lower sports class allows for a more average student to make the team and still be competitive. It makes for a good environment and for those who have the income, it is a smaller setting with more convenience for those with 2 working partents. If you are a stay at home parent you can have the same if not better opportunities at a larger school for free. MA is not a God send but it did find a niche that some are willing to pay for.

Madison Academy 2

Posted February 20, 2013
The school overall is okay. My son doesn't enjoy going and he seems behind his friends who attend public schools. Also, the tuition goes up every year, it has increased 20% just since we have been there. I don't feel it is worth it any longer.

Madison Academy