PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Leadership flows through the school through 1st to 12th.I love it.They teach the kids rigt

It is my opinion that the new Elementary Principal, School President and leadership personnel have sent MA into a tailspin. The school seems to have lost its way since changes are being made for the sake of distancing the new leadership from the old. Sometimes new/different is not better. Academics have suffered greatly...most of this school year, my child has simply reviewed content learned in the previous grade. It appears that the teachers are trying to keep up with all the changes made by MA school leaders...including major curriculum changes. In fairness, some of the curriculum seems promising. Unfortunately, there were so many changes made in a short period (not just curriculum changes), the teachers appear to be overwhelmed. Also, there does seem to be a discipline issue that goes unchecked since attention is focused elsewhere. The current leadership seems to be mainly focused on efforts that would enhance recruitment (how things look from the outside) not focusing on current student needs...MA needs to return to what made the school so great (core values including strong academics, character building and accountability).

I went to school at Madison Academy from kindergarten through 12th grade. I am now in college, and I can honestly say that I am thankful that I was able to go to Madison Academy. Now that I am in college, I miss the Christian environment and the teachers who actually cared about me. As a junior in college with a 4.0 GPA, I know that Madison Academy gave me what I needed to be succeussful in college. Not only am I able to handle the academics in college, but I have also been able to stay strong in my faith.

I transferred my three children into this school from another private school in this area thinking it would be a safe and academic environment seeing this is a Christian School. The academics are not up to par to National standards - this was our first disappointment, I have had to enroll my children in outside extra curricular math just to keep them learning and moving forward verses staying stagnant. The biggest disappointment is how this school allows bullying to occur. We have learned this school offers scholarships to kids based on their athletic ability, thus if these children are bullies they receive no discipline and rather are very protected. My son has been bullied by one child since we have been their this year, I have had multiple documented meetings with his teacher as well as the lower school principle and each time the outcome is the bully has been protected. I do not recommend this school to anyone searching for high academics nor a truly Christian environment in which bullying is not tolerated. We will not return next year - it is not worth the money.

They have no discipline set up for school bullies. The new principle is not effective. She has added common core math that has everyone confused and wondering why we are paying for this private school when it's the equivalent of public school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school is a waste of time and money. All they do is load you up with homework, and don't even teach it. My dad has to teach me everything when I get home, as if I am home schooled. I used to be a A's and B's student. Now it is a real struggle, I am borderline B's and I get C's/D's simetimes. First day of school I was about 1 minute late, and all they did was complain about me being late. This school was the worst decision of my life. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL

Great teachers and students. DE and AP classes are available. Great facilities. Also great athletics with awesome coaches

I absolutely love Madison Academy! As a student, I can tell you that the school challenges me academically as well as spiritually. Some people think that because the school is Church of Christ affiliated, their child might not be treated the same way as all the other children, but that simply is not true. I am not Church of Christ, but I find that it does not hinder me in anyway. A student's experience here is what they make of it, not what others make of it for them. My favorite thing about this school is its love of Christ. We are really just one big family who can join together and worship him not only in chapel, but also in the classroom. Many teachers and coaches desire a personal relationship with each student, and they strive to help their students reach their academic and spiritual goals everyday. If you want your child to be challenged academically, athletically, and spiritually, than Madison Academy is by far the best place for your child. The price may be steep, but I truly think it is worth it.

This is a wonderful school. The communication between parents, faculty, and administrative staff is second to none. If you're looking to make a solid investment in your kid's future, then I highly recommend Madison Academy.

Worst decision I've ever made. Practically homeschooled my child the entire time. I feel that I and my child were poorly treated and sought better more cost effective alternatives. I personally feel that the school isn't worth the money we paid and spent. I'm extremely disappointed! Don't waste your time or resources!

Last modified Madison Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12