Madison, AL

Posted July 16, 2015
Great teachers and students. DE and AP classes are available. Great facilities. Also great athletics with awesome coaches

Posted May 17, 2015
I absolutely love Madison Academy! As a student, I can tell you that the school challenges me academically as well as spiritually. Some people think that because the school is Church of Christ affiliated, their child might not be treated the same way as all the other children, but that simply is not true. I am not Church of Christ, but I find that it does not hinder me in anyway. A student's experience here is what they make of it, not what others make of it for them. My favorite thing about this school is its love of Christ. We are really just one big family who can join together and worship him not only in chapel, but also in the classroom. Many teachers and coaches desire a personal relationship with each student, and they strive to help their students reach their academic and spiritual goals everyday. If you want your child to be challenged academically, athletically, and spiritually, than Madison Academy is by far the best place for your child. The price may be steep, but I truly think it is worth it.

Posted October 23, 2014
This is a wonderful school. The communication between parents, faculty, and administrative staff is second to none. If you're looking to make a solid investment in your kid's future, then I highly recommend Madison Academy.

Madison Academy 1

Posted October 22, 2014
Worst decision I've ever made. Practically homeschooled my child the entire time. I feel that I and my child were poorly treated and sought better more cost effective alternatives. I personally feel that the school isn't worth the money we paid and spent. I'm extremely disappointed! Don't waste your time or resources!

Madison Academy 1

Posted August 25, 2014
Too much politics not enough teaching. Basically had to homeschool what the teachers should have been teaching and didn't! It's all about how much money they squeeze out of you for everything.

Madison Academy 4

Posted August 24, 2014
This school is what you make of it. They offer an advanced degree with some AP classes. It is true that they do not offer as large of a selection as a Bob Jones. It is a much smaller environmnet and very clicish according to church affiliation. It is much easier to have a child in different grades because they are all on the same campus. Some kids graduate from here and do as well as from anywhere else. If you are willing to pay for the convenience and you need the before and after school care, you probably can not beat it. The lower sports class allows for a more average student to make the team and still be competitive. It makes for a good environment and for those who have the income, it is a smaller setting with more convenience for those with 2 working partents. If you are a stay at home parent you can have the same if not better opportunities at a larger school for free. MA is not a God send but it did find a niche that some are willing to pay for.

Madison Academy 2

Posted February 20, 2013
The school overall is okay. My son doesn't enjoy going and he seems behind his friends who attend public schools. Also, the tuition goes up every year, it has increased 20% just since we have been there. I don't feel it is worth it any longer.

Posted February 15, 2013
My husband and I love the school and so does our daughter. She will be returning for her third year in 2013. I do wish tuition wouldn't go up every year as it may become difficult to pay much more for education in a town that has great public schools.

Posted January 27, 2013
As a parent, I found Madison Academy to be academically sound in preparing our children for college. After graduation from MA, my son received an academic scholarship to Birmingham-Southern, and his classmates received over 3 million dollars worth of academic scholarship offers based on their ACT and SAT scores. MA is recognized as an Apple Distinguished School, awarded for demonstrating excellence and leadership in academics. I would highly recommend it as a school with the right balance between academics, extra-curricular activities, and character building.

Posted May 29, 2011
I am completely sold on Madison Academy. Fantastic faculty! Great athletic programs! Their Apple laptop program has been a big hit with the kids. As far as I know, they are the only area school with such a program. The only drawback is that there are waiting pools in most classes.

Madison Academy