Bad
Good

Posted February 12, 2015
Heritage is a wonderful school in an outstanding school district. Administration listens to parent concerns or ideas. Teachers love the kids and are wonderful teachers. Families are welcomed and encouraged to be involved. We love Heritage

Posted September 26, 2014
Great school with a wonderful principal and caring teachers. Our children love the school and they are challenged daily in their learning. We would not want to attend any other school!!!

Posted May 12, 2014
My son has attended Heritage Elementary for the first time this year. Being previously homeschooled I was a bit concerned, plus we had just moved from another state. From the beginning his teachers were very supportive and caring. We are almost done with this school year and my son, who is in 6th grade, has performed outstanding. The administration has always worked with me and addressed all my concerns. I was pleased with the principal, administration and teachers I dealt with. I was a bit critical of the rules that were in place at first, like no recess for 6th graders, absences not exceeding 10 days for the whole year, but a couple of month after kids were in school, they added recess after lunch. Not sure if my meeting with the principal and vice principal had anything to do with it. They also worked with me for the absences. I would discard the previous comments about the previous principal because they do not apply anymore. Hope this help!

Posted February 08, 2014
Just so you know the principal that caused all the problems in the spring of 2013 "retired" that summer. The school now has a great principal and things are so much better.

Posted June 09, 2013
Honestly I think you guys are missing the point. Although you want to do what I best for your children and focus on the bad things, you should ought to remember the good times. Like field day and pep-rallies.They have clubs that could intrest any of your older kids and also talent shows. The principal made one simple mistake and now people who have never even met her are judging her. .The staff is amazing!!! They are super nice and funny (if you give them the chance).I should know all these things because I AM A STUDENT. Going to sixth grade. Straight A's. Maybe you should ask your children what they think and maybe just maybe they'll see the amazing school you never saw.I am heritage ram.I am going to miss this school like crazy.So many good memories. And is that what you would want your child to walk away with from their last year of elementary school? Because heritage elementary home of the gold and blue rams,will give you that

Posted March 29, 2013
I would not send my children here. The principal does not understand the definition of the word "tolerance". she has decreed that no one may speak the word "Easter", for fear of offending someone. Well, it is much more offensive to deny anyone the right to free speech. Donna Guiffrida ps. I have met the conditions regarding posting reviews, and this should be published. Folks should be informed as to goes on in a school before we enroll our children.

Posted March 27, 2013
What is this school thinking? Easter is a Christian celebration and all kids love the idea of an Easter Bunny, Christian or not. I hope all parents are up in arms and someone gets fired.This country has no good future with people thinking of always taking God out of everything.

Posted February 13, 2013
I have had a son at this school for the past four years. I am considering pulling him out and sending him to one of the areas private schools in the fall. I have toured two of these schools and am amazed. He has had two good teachers and two not so good ones. I feel like we have lost some years and he is in survival mode. He is not being academically challenged and could have learned so much more by this point. The principal and superintendent do nothing when issues come about at this school. The principal plays favorites with certain teachers and parnets. The students are not the principals number one goal, her reputation is. I should have moved my son several years ago. Ready to help save my son!

Posted January 22, 2013
The majority of the teachers at this school are great. The school has lost many teachers over the years due to the horrendous "leadership" of the principal. It's widely known that she is a poor example and only interested in her own self promotion, but she will happily throw the teachers and/or students under the bus if she feels like it will make her look better. Name any other principal you've ever seen who puts up their own "we have a great principal!" signs outside the school. Another reviewer put it perfectly-she changes her mind depending on a whim and then expects the teachers to follow her despite poor communication and a lack of concern for their personal lives. The superintendent has been notified numerous times about her issues, but they do nothing to change the situation, which is why we have lost great teachers to other schools with better leaders/administrators. I want my children to have a great school and with this person in charge, it will never be one. It breaks my heart that these students are only seen as a way for the principal to promote her own agenda, not kids who need an education. I'd give her less than 1 star if I could.

Posted July 24, 2012
We moved our children out of Heritage Elementary and into another school. The leadership, quality of education, communication and cordialness are lacking at this school. We rarely saw updated web sites, class outlines or syllabus of what the kids were doing from day to day and didn t make any improvement even when we asked for the information. Feedback on how the school is performing is nonexistent. I know a great gauge of how you are performing is to ask for the feedback but this school is not concerned with feedback. It would seem the only feedback they are concerned with are SAT scores because those are often required. With SAT testing reduced due to budget constraints, I fear there could be virtually no accountability at this school.

Heritage Elementary School
11775 County Line Rd, Madison, AL  35758
(256) 772-2075
Last modified Heritage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top