Bad
Good

Posted May 14, 2014
My daughter has been attending Rainbow since Kindergarten and is getting ready to end 2nd grade. I have been extermely pleased with all of her teachers and the Principal and Vice Principal. The office personnel make a point to know each child and the teachers communicate regularly with parents instead of just at conference times. My daughter has been challenged in each grade, yet she still runs to get on the bus everyday.

Posted March 11, 2013
This is our 4th year in Rainbow Elementary. We do love the school including most of the teachers. Mrs Simmons is an increble teacher and made the school year fun. Last years teacher Mrs. Jordan on the other side was one of the most horrable teachers of all. Otherwise we love both of the speech therapists, and the special math classes they offer.

Posted June 07, 2010
GREAT school! The staff encourages parental envolvement and see's it as working as a team to help each child achieve their best! We feel very fortunate and blessed our children were able to attend RES.

Posted April 20, 2010
They work very well with my daughter. There is always someone avalible to speak with if you need to. They care very much for every child in the school. My daughter is in kindergarten and she loves school. She loves going everyday. When she is sick she will cry because she want to go to school. I think that says a lot about a school and her teacher. My daughter has the best teacher, Mrs.Simmons. I hope every teacher she has will be at least as half as good as Mrs.Simmons is. She has set the bar very high for all of my daughters teachers to come.

Posted April 21, 2009
My kindergartner runs very morning to get ready for school. He loves it, and we love it. Just the right mix of academic achievement and 'fun'. Teachers are committed and caring. It has been a great experience.

Posted December 05, 2008
I am disgusted with all the testing in first grade. This is taking up learning time. Who does the teaching - the parents who have to work.

Posted October 02, 2008
Wonderful school! the principal is fantastic! she has only been is this possition for one full year, and has already corrected some of the issues that were prevalent under the previous leader. The teachers are top notch, and the overall atmosphere/environment is exciting! we are so thrilled to have our children in this school. Very high standards!

Posted June 11, 2008
I agree with the last comment regarding exercise books. The teachers at Rainbow are very up to date on the best teaching practices (research based) and adapt to meet the needs of all students in the class. I have definitely have not experienced the no homework situation. The only suggestion I have is the homework could be differentiated a little more to make it more meaningful to all students. My son is entering seventh now, but I would definitely recommend Rainbow for its high academic standards, stellar faculty, and wonderful administrators.

Posted April 22, 2008
I would like to address the parent who commented that students 'never finish their exercise books.' As a teacher in lower elementary, I often do not have time to have my students do seat work with the workbooks because we are too busy using manipulatives, doing hands-on lessons, and actively learning. Research shows that children s learning develops from concrete learning (counting actual marbles) to pictorial (seeing a picture of three marbles plus three marbles) to abstract (3+3) and we teach using that progression. Most workbooks just jump to the abstract. The bottom line is that parent should be happy that his child wasn t stuck at a desk all day finishing a workbook.

Rainbow Elementary School 3

Posted January 03, 2008
The students can definitely do and learn more, but they hardly get any homeworks from K-4. It's understandable for younger students from K-2, but even 4th graders don't have a lot homework. I don't feel the teachers are teaching what they should. My kids never finished their exercise books. Sometimes, they were only half way done after the whole year.

50 Nance Rd, Madison, AL  35758
Last modified Rainbow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rainbow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top