Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Lazy, too chatty with other teachers/gossiping. They hand out "busy work" for the students and then stand in their doorways and talk to each other. They only get hands on when it's a fun day.

Amount of homework: Disagree

We do 2-3 hours of homework 4 nights a week... We never get any family time. It has had a very negative effect on our family.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The staff is unfair. They treat the teachers kids better than the other students. I've overheard teachers talking horribly about students.. To other teachers AND other parents. Office staff is rude. If you are in the ACE program you are treated better than the children that struggle academically.

Worst school ever!! We have been a part of this school for several years with multiple children, and it gets worse every year. The teachers bully the children, and talk badly about them to other staff members. It's only geared towards "smart kids." If your child is anything other than gifted, then I am sorry for you. Our child's confidence and self esteem is gone because of these teachers. As a military family we move around, and have never encountered such horror. Just awful!!

If I would have written a review for the school a few years ago when my stepsons atteneded, the school would have passed with flying colors, however, my stepsons are of above average intelligence and have always excelled in their classes. Now that my daughter is in attendance, I have a different view of the school. My daughter is bright, but struggles with dyslexia. We have repeatedly gone to the school to try to get extra help, but have been told time and time again, that she does not fall far enough below the line to warrent additional help. That being said, we have had teachers (thankfully our current teachers) that have recognized that she struggles and have given her additional help in school Those are the teacher that I give 5 stars. I can not give the school 5 stars though, because they are geared towards those students that fit neatly inside a box. If they could accomodate all children and step outside of the plain old dull paradigm, I might elevate my review, however for the last 4 years, we have heard nothing but the same old line. We are considering holding our child back and putting her in private school for a year so she can get the attention that she deserves.

Legacy has the most training staff and the way how they take in care the kids make the school a really good environment to learn and prepare our kids for future challenges.

I absolutely love this school! I find it to be one of the most innovative schools in Madison County and one I would highly recommend to any parent looking for a quality education for their child(ren). I've had one child "graduate" , if you will, from Legacy, and my next will complete his fifth year this spring. Both are doing well in school and aspire to learn. The bottom-line: Great principals + great teachers + great support staff = ? You do the math.

Our children moved into Legacy when it opened, one in third grade and one in Kindergarten. We have been extremely pleased with the overall quality of the school, education, and administration. Our older child has moved on to middle school and has been well prepared. As so many have noted the school does a great job of providing a variety of clubs and expereinces. Engineering club was a real highlight. Dr. Styles is commited to physical well-being in addition to academics. She is very supportive of the teachers, and I have rarely disagreed with her view. The majority of our children's teachers have been very good. I do believe there is too much emphasis in the U.S. on standardized testing that detracts from indepth learning and problem solving. This is not a Legacy problem, it's a No-Child-Left-Behind problem.

This school looks wonderful and has many excellent aspects. Unfortunately, some of the teachers are less than adequate. In addition, the principal appears more supportive of her staff than the students. My bright child entered this school enthusiastic and left it disillusioned. She felt as if she wasn't allowed to ask questions and really engage with the material. She also felt as if the work was geared towards testing rather than overall learning. Overall, we were quite disappointed.

This is an amazing school! I have 2 children that have attended here (one is in middle school now and one is in the 5th grade). The administration is such a strong and caring force here. The programs available that bring in volunteers to join school, home, and community are brilliant. There is a WatchDog group of dads/grand dads that volunteer a day to keep the campus safe, they 'hi-five' the kids, help out the teachers, etc. These kids have the opportunity to do so many clubs. They have their own post office, completely run by the kids, a TV network, drum club, running, drama, even an outdoor classroom where they take care of and study plants and animals, do landscaping, gardening, etc I have taught at two schools in the past and my kids have gone to two different schools as well. There is just no comparison to the success of this school as a whole and the confidence of the students attending here.

Last modified Legacy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.