Legacy Elementary School 3

Posted September 29, 2014
If I would have written a review for the school a few years ago when my stepsons atteneded, the school would have passed with flying colors, however, my stepsons are of above average intelligence and have always excelled in their classes. Now that my daughter is in attendance, I have a different view of the school. My daughter is bright, but struggles with dyslexia. We have repeatedly gone to the school to try to get extra help, but have been told time and time again, that she does not fall far enough below the line to warrent additional help. That being said, we have had teachers (thankfully our current teachers) that have recognized that she struggles and have given her additional help in school Those are the teacher that I give 5 stars. I can not give the school 5 stars though, because they are geared towards those students that fit neatly inside a box. If they could accomodate all children and step outside of the plain old dull paradigm, I might elevate my review, however for the last 4 years, we have heard nothing but the same old line. We are considering holding our child back and putting her in private school for a year so she can get the attention that she deserves.

Posted October 25, 2013
Legacy has the most training staff and the way how they take in care the kids make the school a really good environment to learn and prepare our kids for future challenges.

Posted April 03, 2013
I absolutely love this school! I find it to be one of the most innovative schools in Madison County and one I would highly recommend to any parent looking for a quality education for their child(ren). I've had one child "graduate" , if you will, from Legacy, and my next will complete his fifth year this spring. Both are doing well in school and aspire to learn. The bottom-line: Great principals + great teachers + great support staff = ? You do the math.

Legacy Elementary School 3

Posted August 24, 2011
This school looks wonderful and has many excellent aspects. Unfortunately, some of the teachers are less than adequate. In addition, the principal appears more supportive of her staff than the students. My bright child entered this school enthusiastic and left it disillusioned. She felt as if she wasn't allowed to ask questions and really engage with the material. She also felt as if the work was geared towards testing rather than overall learning. Overall, we were quite disappointed.

Posted August 19, 2011
This is an amazing school! I have 2 children that have attended here (one is in middle school now and one is in the 5th grade). The administration is such a strong and caring force here. The programs available that bring in volunteers to join school, home, and community are brilliant. There is a WatchDog group of dads/grand dads that volunteer a day to keep the campus safe, they 'hi-five' the kids, help out the teachers, etc. These kids have the opportunity to do so many clubs. They have their own post office, completely run by the kids, a TV network, drum club, running, drama, even an outdoor classroom where they take care of and study plants and animals, do landscaping, gardening, etc I have taught at two schools in the past and my kids have gone to two different schools as well. There is just no comparison to the success of this school as a whole and the confidence of the students attending here.

Posted September 29, 2010
As a parent and administrator at Legacy Elementary, I am so impressed with the culture of the school as well as the superb staff members. This community is so blessed with a talented group of parents and a great group of students. I love working at Legacy and I am proud to say that all three of my children have experienced this educational experience. Legacy is truly unique and not only does it provide the best academic practices, but prides itself on the 13 clubs and activities offered to students to develop leadership and interpersonal relations. It is a great place to be!

Posted April 12, 2010
My son started Kindergarten the year Legacy opened. He's in second grade now, but he still talks about Friday afternoon cooking projects in Mrs. Thomas's class. With few exceptions, we love the teachers and the facilities. The children have many opportunities for hands-on learning, and parent and community involvement is outstanding.

Posted March 24, 2010
Legacy is an outstanding new school! The teachers are well educated and energetic. The library and computer rooms are ultra modern. My favorite is Principal Styles. She's just incredible! You can reach her anytime and she returns all phone calls and emails promptly. She seeks new experiences for the children and even secured a grant for an outside wildlife habitat that students can help care for. It's beautiful! My only complaint is the lunchroom. While clean and friendly, the food is often not very tasty. Still, we're VERY pleased with Legacy Elementary!

Posted September 02, 2009
I have two children attending Legacy, and this is our third year at the school. Words cannot adequately describe what a treasure it is! Even though it is a large school, with close to 800 students, I feel like my children are known and well-taken care of all day. The administration, faculty, and support staff are so family-oriented and the pride in the school just seeps down the halls! Parent-involvement is extremely high. Students are challenged and encouraged, and teaching style is varied so that all students can find their niche. The school offers seven or eight clubs, maybe more. I feel so blessed to be a part of this top-rate, outstanding school where test scores are high and school pride is even higher! Go Lions!

Posted August 07, 2009

Legacy Elementary School
165 Pine Grove Rd, Madison, AL  35757
Last modified Legacy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Legacy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top