Madison, AL

Posted June 20, 2014
This is our first year at Mill Creek and I have been so impressed with the administration, teachers, and support staff! There are so many different clubs and activities offered for the students to help them become leaders and to allow them the chance to get involved in the school environment. They even started an Archery Team. The teachers are top notch and provide lessons that really engage the students. I could not ask for a better place for my children to get their education!

Posted May 31, 2014
This school is the 4th school my son has attended (military family) and it is the best of all of them. We love the staff, teachers, faculty, and families at our school.

Posted March 07, 2014
At least one of my children have attended this school since they opened and we absolutely have loved it. The teachers have all been fantastic as well. I really cannot think of one negative thing to comment about. 5 Stars!

Mill Creek Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2013
I have had at least one child at the school since it opened. The teachers we have had have been a mixed bag of good and poor. The third grade team, especially, seems very disorganized and lacking. Instead of teaching the kids how to do math, my kid s teacher shows a video and then lets them work at their desk. I guess a robot could do her job. As others have stated, the bully issue is huge. During Bully Prevention week, kids are told to tell on bullies. However when they do, they are to stop tattling. Parents are forced to buy a grade level planner that is rarely used. What a waste of money. At least once a week, I am berated with emails asking for money or other donations that seem to have nothing to do with education. I get that teachers need to feel appreciated, but please, it s their job. I am all for donating copy paper, pencils, and other things the kids use in the classroom. I'm seriously considering private school.

Mill Creek Elementary School 3

Posted October 19, 2012
I have concerns as a parent of child that attends Mill Creek. Mill Creek has a problem with bullies. When my son was bullied I went to the admistration about it and I felt as if I was given answers that would make me hush for the moment. The very next day I was back in the office for the same problem. It wasn't until a third office visit, the kid doing the bullying was delt with. The principal is not very open-minded in the fact that she seems to openly disregard what a parent is attempting to say to her. The assistant principal is much more informative and easier to talk to. There seems to issues with the car pick up line. The administration tends to let parents set the rules. The three stars are rated because my son is progressing academically when he is not being bullied. Overall, I am not impressed. As an educator myself, I hold the title to high standards. The asthetics of a million dollar building does not automatically make the administration great. There is plenty of room to grow.

Posted July 10, 2012
I have been so impressed with the leadership and teaching staff. I would recommend this school to anyone looking to move to Madison. The expectations are high and my kids have just excelled. They offer many opportunities for parents to get involved and the PTA is outstanding.

Posted December 02, 2011
*LOVE*!! My 2 kids (1st grade and prek speech) adore this school- all the staff is phenomenal!! The building is beautiful, but the people make it shine! *Highly* recommend!!!!!!!!

Posted October 01, 2011
Fantastic school! My son loves this school as do we as parents. Great facility and staff. Would highly recommend this school!

Posted September 28, 2011
Extremely pleased with the level of quality at Mill Creek. Faculty, building, classmates - no complaints. Our kids love going to school here.

Mill Creek Elementary School 4

Posted February 06, 2011
Mill Creek is a great school. My kids run to the bus every morning. I will have Children at Mill Creek through 2019. We love it.

Mill Creek Elementary School
847 Mill Rd, Madison, AL  35758
(334) 585-2012
Last modified Mill Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mill Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top