Posted July 11, 2013
I go to discovery currently. I will be going into 8th grade this year. Last year for 7th I had the best teachers. They are very involved with helping you. To the people saying that the jocks rule the roost... A lot of my friends are your so called jocks and they do not.. Just because they are recognized as being a star on a team doesn't mean they run the school. Before you assume get to know DMS. Trust me its an amaing school. Discipline is very good there. Nice and stern. We excel in reading and math. Discovery is a great school. Don't look down on us. The library staff is a great help. Once you know the school it's easy to get around.. Lockers are very nice. Currently the school is now 7th and 8th which I like better. Gives us more space. I love Discovery. Wouldn't change schools ever. Love it there

Posted August 21, 2011
I love this school... me and my brother have only been here a few weeks and faculty and students are really nice and caring. Every teacher shows that they honestly want you to get a good education. It has high security with police so that you feel really safe. I would 100% recommend this school. The principal and assistant principals are absolutely amazing. The classes definitely challenge you.

Posted February 07, 2011
I have been quite pleased with the administration and faculty of the school - very open and great communication. Constantly amazed at the level of academics and high scores the student population achieve. My daughter is quite involved in the Wind Ensemble, Math Team & NJHS - very impressed and she loves it. She also has the advantage of taking the Advanced Classes and is doing extremely well. Parent involvement is great - wonderful school and atmosphere.

Posted September 07, 2010
Both of my children attend Discovery Middle school and both are excelling academically. From a parent's perspective, the teachers are sharp and care about the student's progress and well being.

Posted November 22, 2009
discovery is awsome the teachers are kind and most of the students are all well brought up the lockers are all clean. the teams all work hard and do there best. discovery does alot of cherity things right now we are colecting toys for foster kids and colecting books for a library that burned down and colecting shoes for kids. we all cheer on are teams . i love discovery

Discovery Middle School 3

Posted January 04, 2009

Discovery Middle School 3

Posted January 02, 2009
the school has great education system and quality of education is high but i was a transfer student and it seemed that they did not like me there

Posted December 18, 2008

Discovery Middle School 4

Posted January 30, 2008
My son attended a private school for 7 years. It being one of the 'so called' better schools in this area. I was very unhappy with the quality of the teachers and the school in general. Money came first and education was last. I have found Discovery Middle School to be a refreshing change and the quality of education on a much higher level. The teachers that he has, shows a concern and williness to help if any child is having difficulties. I have also had personal encounters with the principal and find her very much hands on and willing to listen to the parents regardless of the concern. She has never failed to make the time to return calls herself or make time if you need to meet with her. My son is very happy at Discovery and would not go back to private school in this area.

Discovery Middle School 4

Posted January 30, 2008
The music program is nationally recognized for excellence and it has been critical to building confidence in my 7th grader, who attends Discovery. I have found parent involvement to be high and responsiveness to parents to be excellent. Academics is better than average but could be improved. There is not much out-of class work required.

Discovery Middle School
1304 Hughes Rd, Madison, AL  35758
Last modified Discovery Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Discovery Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.