Bad
Good

The teachers are very good and experienced. My only comment is based on some students' input about the new principal...there seemed to have a perception of lack of authenticity and cheesiness on the methods used or applied this school year that is not on par with the level of intelligence of the students. These are high performing kids who were a perfect fit with the previous principal. If the previous ways work, pls don't fix it. No more insulting elementary- level tricks. Overall, teachers and counselors are superb. Great thank you to these educators. To the new principal, pls talk to these kids like high performing intelligent conscientious students who really just want to excel and appreciate the high standards.

My high school was Bob Jones High School, and I absolutely loved it! The principal is an amazing guy, you would never hear a negative word about him. I am proud to be a Bob Jones Patriot!

Bob Jones High School is just great. I have a brother who got a half-time scholarship from track just after one year and he is now a senior in a college in KY. I was at Bob Jones for my freshman year then transferred to another school in Harvest (will not state) and Bob Jones had twice the amount of AP and advanced classes then the other school. I had transferred late at the school in Harvest and the teachers did not help at all when I asked for help. I did unexceptionally horrible there. So I think I had made the best choice of my teen years and went back to Bob Jones. I'm not just saying this because it seems like everyone does and as if I wanna quack like a duck too but I HIGHLY recommend this school to ANYONE!

I'm both a Bob Jones teacher and a parent of two current students and a BJHS graduate. This is, hands down, the absolute best school I've ever seen. The students are well behaved and conscientious, the academics are top notch, and the teachers truly care about student well being and the quality of instruction that they bring to the table. We ask a lot of our students and they deliver.

Hey! I graduated from Bob Jones in 2009, I went to three different high schools and Bob Jones was my favorite. Mr. Parker is always involved and always walking the halls. The teachers are beyond awesome. I would recommend this school to anyone.

I moved to Madison, Alabama during my junior year because of my father's job. When I moved to Bob Jones High School, I was really impressed with what they had done. A lot of parents complain about how the school is too small, their children not being able to get proper help from teachers, their children not fitting in with other students, and finally transferring them to a different school. However, I came from Lawrenceville, GA. The schools I have transferred to in Georgia had just as many, if not more students and there was still absolutely no problem for a student to get help from their teachers. While attending Bob Jones, I also noticed that those who complained about getting horrible grades were the ones that simply would not ask questions during, after, or even before class. Now the bit with the parents who moved their children because they cannot fit in. That is just plain asinine and horse hockey. Within the first week of moving to Bob Jones High School area, I managed to become friends with almost the whole school. Bob Jones is an absolutely great school, and the parents that complain need to actually attend the school first instead of simply listening to their children.

Bob Jones is a remarkable school. I graduated with a scholarship, simply because I found my niche. This is open to all students, and none are neglected. I have spoken with students complaining about F's, but they never once sought help from the teacher. It is not the teacher's job(as they are preparing you for college) to offer assistance. I have also witnessed a new student be rejected by the crowd that "looks like them", but refuse to even try to talk to the rest of us. The techies wore black in preparation of a show, but we were overlooked by new students, almost as if they were afraid of us. I even made efforts to befriend a new student, who took one look at the stage paint on my pants and decided I wasn't good enough for her time. I offered her a glimpse into one of the many "families" at BJ and she turned up her nose. A week or so later, I found out that she had switched schools, claiming that no one would speak to her. So, knowing this, parents should experience life at BJ for themselves before making irrational claims on behalf of their children, when, in fact, those students refused to put forth an effort in "fitting in" or excelling in their studies.

Moving to area because of BRAC. A counselor was 20 min late for appointment. During the meeting, counselor told my wife that if people like you guys would quit moving to Madison, we would not have the problems that we are having.

Two of my sons have graduated from BJHS. It truly is a fantastic school. The principal, Mr. Parker, is exceptional and a number of teachers (chemistry, drama, german, spanish, landscape design, counseling) were personally involved in their lives, not just for academics. BJHS excels in band, drama, foreign langauge, athletics and core academics. My experience has found 12+ graduates per year were awarded National Merit Scholar. Every school has areas to improve, but BJHS was everything I wanted in a high school for my kids.

I attended bob jones all 3 years and had an excellent experience.There are a few places that need improvement. It is easy to get looked over by the administration if you're not normally in the office but most people don't get further in life by knowing the principal by first name. The school is crowded but THAT IS NOT THE SCHOOL'S FAULT. That has to do with the school system.The teachers are top notch for the most part . I felt that sending me to BJHS was one of the smartest things my parents ever did. Bob Jones does have clicks, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER HIGH SCHOOL IN AMERICA! The school is so well off because the parents in madison work hard and there is one HS. BJ deserves the great reputation it has.

Last modified Bob Jones High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.