Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Madison Elementary School
Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 09, 2016
Receiving people always in bad mood. Library staff seem like they don't want kids around. During carline for dismisal tge staff is always yelling.

Madison Elementary School 3

Posted February 09, 2016
The education is good, my Kindergartener was reading after the first nine weeks of school, amazing! The whole staff lacks of empathy towards everyone, kids and parents. They treat the kids as a number. Most of the staff at the front/receiving area seem to be in a bad mood all the time. The staff at the library seem like they don't want kids around. They are not bad people, they just need to remember they are dealing with kids and kids need a little affection.

Posted October 09, 2013
Our elementary school is located in the heart of old, downtown Madison and has the feel of a small town, close nit, community school. The leaders and staff at MES are talented and dedicated, and most of all love the children Our building may be old and has been through many "re-fits" and renovations, but the quality of teaching is cutting edge and 5 star! I have 3 children (Ages 22, 18 and 7). All 3 have attended or are attending MES. The familiar faces are proof that leadership at the top is healthy. Thank you MES for continuing to reshape who you are to educate our children in the best way possible, while maintaining a culture of a small, close nit, community school! You are the best!

Posted September 06, 2013
Madison Elementary is the first school ever built in Madison Alabama. The building is still the original with smaller classrooms and original floor plan. A few updates have been made over time to include safer doors that are kept locked at all times during school hours in order to keep our children safe while in their care. After coming from a supposed comparable school, I must say there are certainly differences! The teachers here care for their kids. The principle is friendly and does not have his nose up in the air. Staff is friendly to ALL parents from all walks of life. And if the PTA has.had 100% participation (1 parent for every child) the last 2-3 years, that speaks for itself!

Madison Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2013
My son has been going to M.E.S. since he was in kindergarten and he is now going into the 5th grade this year. He loves the school and he is making good grades. I have liked all of his teachers over the years. They really do get involved with the children and take the time to help when needed. I moved to Madison just so that he could attend this school before his first year started. I wouldn't change a thing. A+

Madison Elementary School 2

Posted May 17, 2013
We moved here last summer and chose Madison because everyone said the schools were better here than Huntsville. Boy were we fooled. The staff is awful -most of them have been working there too long and you can see it in their attitude. Parents are not given a chance to participate in their child's education, and when you show up you are treated by the office staff like a criminal. The PTA is a joke -they actually wanted us to pay to join? Um, no thanks. We already pay enough for every class party, field trip, etc. that the PTA is supposedly raising money for. The teachers our child had this year have been nice but don't give us information until the last minute - it's not uncommon to get emails at 10:30 at night. The curicculum is too packed, with no chance for kids who are struggling to stop and get help, and no music/art all year? Recess *might* be once a week unless there is a raindrop or substitute, then forget it. The kids don't like Principal and I don't blame them. He never smiles and is condescending. The AR program is a joke. Your kid can read 3 grades below his level so that he/she can get 100s in AR and that's ok? I can't wait to be rezoned out of here.

Posted February 26, 2013
The Madison, Alabama area is a little know secret in that nation. It is a high technology area and home of the Redstone Arsenal. This creates a diverse population and an influx of students on a yearly bases. The Madison City Schools have only been independently their own since 1998, prior to that they were county run. In that time (15 years) the student population has gone from 3000+ to 9300+. In that time these schools have been state and nationally acclaimed. Our experience at Madison Elementary has been nothing but wonderful. The teachers are committed to teaching and helping their students. They are familiar with the stresses and changes that come with moving and really accommodate their students needs. The interaction we have had with the administration and office staff has been positive. Any issue that we have addressed has been discussed with attention and detail and not dismissed. My youngest daughter had an issue with a child in her class bullying her and the nurse (who discovered it) was amazing. Dr. Scott was very prompt in addressing the issue and making sure my daughter was comfortable. I would recommend this school based on my experiences.

Posted May 13, 2012
I have had my children at 2 schools in the city of Madison and Madison Elementary is by far the best school in the city. The teachers are great, the principle, Dr. Scott, is wonderful, and the school is a great community. I fully believe that you get what you put in to the school. If you want to be involved you can be. We were rezoned a few years ago and it was THE BEST thing that could have happened! My kids and our family are much happier at this school than our previous one.

Posted February 06, 2012
MES just might be the best kept secret in Madison! Here are a few of the things I love about it: excellent communication, small individualized learning environment, I am always greeted warmly when I enter the school, there are many opportunities for parental involvemnet, great opportunities for extracurricular activities (especially for 5th & 6th grades), and caring teachers. I could go on, but you get the picture.

Posted August 27, 2011
Love, Love, Love Madison Elementary. The teachers are excellent and seem to actually know each of their students. The principle is very involved too. Our family has nothing but positive things to say about this school. We love the "smallness" of this school. It really is like family. If Madison does another rezoning, we will move just to stay at this school!

Madison Elementary School
17 College St, Madison, AL  35758
Last modified Madison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.