Madison, AL
Students enrolled: 1,151

Posted July 25, 2015
Liberty has an excellent middle school model!! Students come first and best practices guide instruction! I would recommend this school to others moving to the area.

Liberty Middle School 1

Posted December 16, 2014
Good teachers, except for a few bad ones. If you attend this school, you'll figure it out soon enough. The courses and electives are chosen randomly, so you or your kids most likely not get the course they wanted, as I have gotten. They have a very strict dress code, you can't even have dyed hair. The school work is very stressful, and if you get work, you may have about 1-2 nights to complete the work that was mentioned. For example: (Hi kids! You have a project that you MUST decorate and label a poster using MLA format with your sources.) And you have brief mentions of what you are really supposed to do! As I asked a couple of my fellow students, they also said that the school work is very stressful also. Middle school starts at 8:00 A.M. Elementary School starts even earlier. You barely have enough time to get a full night's rest. As I often find myself tired every morning when I get up to get ready for school. I hope if you are new to Madison, you will read my review and consider putting your child into the system. I would recommend homeschooling or a private school. Please consider my review before putting your child in this school system. Sincerely, Student of Liberty

Posted November 23, 2014
We are hugely pleased with LMS. The 8th grade teachers each take a personal interest, the leadership is right on and involved, and my daughter enjoys going to school. Thank you, Liberty, for all you do to help our children learn and get ready for high school.

Posted July 20, 2010
Excellent school!! My our family transferred here to madison last year from England. We put our daughter in Liberty and she loved it! She even forgot it was a public school because she hated it because she was in a private school there. All the teachers are really great and i am really satisfied!

Posted February 25, 2010
My oldest child spent three years at Liberty, and my middle child is in his first year there. We have not had any issues at all. At one point my oldest was slipping behind in language so a meeting with two teachers, a counselor, and a special needs teacher was scheduled. That meeting went really well, we all expressed concerns and appropriate actions were put in place. On the other hand, my child that just started exceeds standards in all areas. One of his teachers actually took the time to send a 'snail' mailed postcard to our home to complement this child. So, all around I would recommend.

Posted February 25, 2008
My child had attended a wonderful charter school from K-6th grade. I was apprehensive about sending him to middle school but it has turned out to be a wonderful experience. So far, the teacher he has had are all great and most are very communicative. The office staff and principal are very nice and helpful. I love LMS and so does my son.

Liberty Middle School 4

Posted January 31, 2008
Having experienced all 4 of my children attend a carefully selected Christian private school and one of my 4 children, the deciding factor of choosing this enviroment, let me say the smartest move I have made in their education was moving them to LMS. At this point, I was faced with making the most critical and difficult decision in my life. My oldest son who suffers from Asperger's Autism, which is the reason why we chose private school and why we left private school (reason: due to bullying) I removed him from private school in 6th grade and home schooled him until 9th. I was then blessed with the faculty of LMS & Ms. Linda Johnson. They in one year made a unconfident child, a whole new child. I would recommend LMS to any family without a hesitation!

Liberty Middle School 3

Posted September 11, 2007
This school does seem really good on paper. The school's standings was the highest contributing factor in our decision to move to this area. However, overall a little disappointed. Teacher quality: very few truly concerned teachers (ineffective). However, my child did get two great math teachers. Principal leadership: Principal seems to dictate to parents versus discussing. Good Extracurricular activities. Good parental involvement for a middle school. Good Safety and discipline. But I do agree with some others, much too much favoritism/elitism going on in this school. I can only recommend Liberty in contrast to the other schools in district.

Liberty Middle School 3

Posted March 12, 2007
While on paper the school appears to be top-notch I found it very different after we enrolled our children there. The class sizes are terrible, the entire school system is overcrowded -yet there are no plans for expansion. I ended up pulling both our kids from this school to ensure they would receive a higher academic education. The children are treated as though they are troub;le from day one, limited privledges and less than supportive staff. My children felt taht they were being told they would fail before they had a chance to try. I would not recommend this school for families moving to the area.

Liberty Middle School 2

Posted June 05, 2006
I was so happy to be able to transfer my children out of Madison City Schools. I would not recommend this school to any family.

Liberty Middle School
281 Dock Murphy Dr, Madison, AL  35758
Last modified Liberty Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top