Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This district is cranking out elitist jerks at an alarming rate. Integrity, compassion & respect are not definitely not demonstrated.

They say they are preparing the students for college but many of the faculty just enjoy messing with kids, making sure they feel less than other students and that they know their place. 7th & 8th graders don't need to prep for college, they need to get through middle school without emotional damage caused by adults. If a parent tries to stop the bullying, the teachers get vicious and team up again the student. Administration is clueless and will side with teachers in every circumstance, no matter how blatantly wrong the teacher's behavior has been.

Liberty has an excellent middle school model!! Students come first and best practices guide instruction! I would recommend this school to others moving to the area.

Good teachers, except for a few bad ones. If you attend this school, you'll figure it out soon enough. The courses and electives are chosen randomly, so you or your kids most likely not get the course they wanted, as I have gotten. They have a very strict dress code, you can't even have dyed hair. The school work is very stressful, and if you get work, you may have about 1-2 nights to complete the work that was mentioned. For example: (Hi kids! You have a project that you MUST decorate and label a poster using MLA format with your sources.) And you have brief mentions of what you are really supposed to do! As I asked a couple of my fellow students, they also said that the school work is very stressful also. Middle school starts at 8:00 A.M. Elementary School starts even earlier. You barely have enough time to get a full night's rest. As I often find myself tired every morning when I get up to get ready for school. I hope if you are new to Madison, you will read my review and consider putting your child into the system. I would recommend homeschooling or a private school. Please consider my review before putting your child in this school system. Sincerely, Student of Liberty

We are hugely pleased with LMS. The 8th grade teachers each take a personal interest, the leadership is right on and involved, and my daughter enjoys going to school. Thank you, Liberty, for all you do to help our children learn and get ready for high school.

Excellent school!! My our family transferred here to madison last year from England. We put our daughter in Liberty and she loved it! She even forgot it was a public school because she hated it because she was in a private school there. All the teachers are really great and i am really satisfied!

My oldest child spent three years at Liberty, and my middle child is in his first year there. We have not had any issues at all. At one point my oldest was slipping behind in language so a meeting with two teachers, a counselor, and a special needs teacher was scheduled. That meeting went really well, we all expressed concerns and appropriate actions were put in place. On the other hand, my child that just started exceeds standards in all areas. One of his teachers actually took the time to send a 'snail' mailed postcard to our home to complement this child. So, all around I would recommend.

My child had attended a wonderful charter school from K-6th grade. I was apprehensive about sending him to middle school but it has turned out to be a wonderful experience. So far, the teacher he has had are all great and most are very communicative. The office staff and principal are very nice and helpful. I love LMS and so does my son.

Having experienced all 4 of my children attend a carefully selected Christian private school and one of my 4 children, the deciding factor of choosing this enviroment, let me say the smartest move I have made in their education was moving them to LMS. At this point, I was faced with making the most critical and difficult decision in my life. My oldest son who suffers from Asperger's Autism, which is the reason why we chose private school and why we left private school (reason: due to bullying) I removed him from private school in 6th grade and home schooled him until 9th. I was then blessed with the faculty of LMS & Ms. Linda Johnson. They in one year made a unconfident child, a whole new child. I would recommend LMS to any family without a hesitation!

This school does seem really good on paper. The school's standings was the highest contributing factor in our decision to move to this area. However, overall a little disappointed. Teacher quality: very few truly concerned teachers (ineffective). However, my child did get two great math teachers. Principal leadership: Principal seems to dictate to parents versus discussing. Good Extracurricular activities. Good parental involvement for a middle school. Good Safety and discipline. But I do agree with some others, much too much favoritism/elitism going on in this school. I can only recommend Liberty in contrast to the other schools in district.

Last modified Liberty Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.