Creek View Elementary School

Public | K-3 | 984 students

Posted August 30, 2013

Creek view happens to be a excellent school for kids,the teachers are very well concerned for the children that attend,as well as for their education,and other learning abilities,So I would definitly recomend this school for any one moving to the surrounding area

Posted December 3, 2012

My second child has started creekview this year and I am more than pleased with the school. The new principal makes all the difference. More laid back with the students and not so uptight with kids being kids! Kids are there to learn academically and socially. Sometimes I think schools forget about the social part. Creekview finally gets that part!

Posted October 28, 2012

I am a grandparent and I have 3 grandchildren in the 3rd grade at Creekview. My grandson has an OUTSTANDING teacher, Mrs. Edmonds. Jojuan is so happy and excited when he comes in from school, even with all the homework and projects. He also, along with my 2 granddaughters are in the gifted program and Mrs Foster is SPECTACULAR. She makes them see new and challenging things. I rate this school 5 stars.

Posted June 2, 2012

Not impressed! Teachers and staff purposely try to stifle the children's natural curiosity and imagination. The lunch room/auditorium is stagnant and when the noise gets to a certain level the giant traffic signal turns from green to yellow to RED and a blaring alarm sounds to silence the children -- during the ONLY time that they have any chance to openly communicate with each other. There is only 30 minutes for lunch and no time to play...just right back to isolated work work work...its almost as if they are trying to train our children to be "good little workers". Just shut up and work, don't think, don't learn, head down and keep on working! To top it all off...Alabaster just voted to run their own school district and to me that is a little like the inmates running the asylum. RUN don't walk from Alabaster and the schools, we sure are.

Posted October 17, 2010

My son just started 1st grade at Creekview. His teacher is just wonderful! The only thing that I don't like is that the woman in the office are so not friendly at all...everytime you go in the office they just stare at you and don't say a word to you...they never smile or say hello...my husband went in there to check my son out and he came back to the car and said "yea, the woman in the office aren't friendly or helpful at all"...my husband has never checked my son out before so he wasn't sure what to do and apparently they didn't bother to try and help him. So if they would hire some friendly people for their office then the school would be perfect!

Posted September 21, 2010

We have been very please with Creekview Elementary.

Posted September 30, 2009

Creek View has a wonderful faculty and staff that work hard to meet the needs of all students. Students love coming to school knowing that their teacher cares for them and that they make learning fun! The Faculty and Staff enjoy coming to work because we are family and care for each other.

Posted September 15, 2009

The teachers realy care about the students. They go above and beyond on a zero budget. Thanks for all you do.

Posted October 16, 2008

My daughter is new to CVES and she loves school, she loves her teacher, and wants to learn reading so bad. She is doing awesome in school. I love that they have sessions with the conselour, her behavior has improved so much over the past month.

Posted September 26, 2008

My son is new to Creek View. His entire attitude toward school has changed, his self esteem is higher, and he wants to read!!! I applaud the entire staff and cannot express the gratitude I owe for the amazing turn around they have accomplished. Thank you

Posted May 15, 2008

i love cves my both daughter like teacher are nice school atmosphere is good.

Posted November 30, 2007

my little girl goes to cves shes been there since kindergarden and we just love it shes in 3rd grade now wish their was a 4th grade though.... hate to see her leave such a good school

Posted October 2, 2007

My 5 yr old started school this year at cves.I was nervous at first because he had been in daycare since 6 weeks and there was nooooo kind of structure or stability and on top of that he has addhd.Well he has made a 180 turn and has really impressed me by his learning and his behavior at school.I give thankx to his awesome kindergarten teacher who gives him the love and attention and also the teaching he needs to make it to first and also to be a better child in life!!

Posted September 28, 2007

Our daughter has started k-5 this year at CVES. We relocated to alabaster this year and in looking for a home, the school district was very important. I did a lot of research and found that CVES was great...As it turns out, we could not have picked a better area and school. CVES is great! Teachers are wonderful and very nice. Teachers really spend time with each student and the academic programs are great! Extracurricular activities are great and the gym is wonderful. They even go to music class. PTO has raised a lot of money for this school and all was given back to the students! Way to go CVES! From another impressed parent!

Posted September 27, 2007

My 5 year old goes to CVES and I am impressed by what she has learned in such little time. She seems to love her class and she has a desire to learn each day. So far I am very pleased with what Creekview has achieved.

Posted August 16, 2004

My four children attended CVES and we all loved Creekview! The teachers are loving, yet firm. The curriculum is strong. There is a feeling of real acceptance that extends to all the students. (two of mine are 'gifted', one is average, and one has a reading disability). All four were nourished emotionally and intellectually.

Posted February 10, 2004

My son attends this school. It is excellent. I really can't say enough about Creekview. The students have a school that is really 'their school.' When you walk in the front doors you feel this atmosphere. The teachers and staff are caring and protective yet challenge the children to grow and learn in a manner that I can only descibe as 'nourishing'. My child has bloomed.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

Reading

The state average for Reading was 87% in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

Scale: % level 3 or 4

In 2012-2013 Alabama used the Alabama Reading and Mathematics Test (ARMT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math. The ARMT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Source: Alabama Department of Education

Not migrant91%
Poverty90%
Not poverty91%
Scale: % level 3 or 4

The different student groups are identified by the Alabama Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Alabama Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 38%N/A56%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

8568 Hwy 17