Mccalla, AL
Students enrolled: 1,057

Posted May 12, 2014
Fantastic school. Caring faculty. Engaged administration. It is a big school, but we are very pleased with the effor that goes into education our child.

Mcadory Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2011
When I view the Mc Adory schools "as a whole," I'm neither overly impressed or terribly unpleased. We have lived all over the US and have attended some top rated schools. As far as the Jefferson Co area goes, I definitely would give the elementary and middle school good marks, but the highschool is in desperate need of change. It's unfortunate that so much money is being pumped into our school systems and that there's so little to show for it as far as test scores go. I realize it"s not up to the teachers alone-that parental unvolvemnet is paramount-but a rating of a 4-at both the elementary level and highschool level-"based on test scores" really isnn't anything to brag about -regardless on how much you like a teacher or not. Hopefully things will improve in this area.

Posted April 08, 2010
We moved from overseas to Mc Calla. We came in blindly and our 1st child started her first year of kidnergarten at MES. She is now in 2nd grade and her sister is in 1st grade. We have had some trouble along the way and MES was always there to show that they care. Our second daughter was dignosised with a severe emotional disorder and MES already had a great program in place to help her. She has done extrodinary and loves Mrs. Gardener and Mr. Jackson. Thank you for all your help with her being military is not easy and you have really given them a great start for many school years to come!

Posted October 03, 2009
My son is in remission from cancer and he needs lots of special services and accomidations to help him succeed in school. I hear horror stories from other cancer moms and how hard they have to fight for these accomidations in their schools. We have never had to fight for these things. MES faculty bends over backwards to help him succeed!

Posted August 12, 2009
My son has been going to McAdory since Kindergarden, he loves his school. He has had some attention problems, but the teachers have been helpful with this. Proud to have my child at this school.

Posted March 26, 2009

Posted December 03, 2008

Posted September 23, 2008
Most of the reviews have been from newer student's parents...here is one from a 5th grade student's parent! My child loves school...and since she has been at MES since kingergarten, well, I guess that tells you what we think of MES! I'm not saying that every day has been a bed of roses...but, for the most part...we have had wonderful support from teachers, the principal, the office staff...all the way to the super PTA workers. It is a very family oriented school...and what I mean is, not only are actual families involved, but the whole school feels like one big family! We will truly be sad when this year ends and we have to move on up to Middle School. An added note, our child's teacher is new this year...Mrs. Raines-Langham...our child thinks she is fabulous! She has initiated a renewed excitement in our child...thank you Mrs. Raines-Langham!!!

Posted August 18, 2008
My child just started kindergarten this month and is in Mrs. Papas' class. She has been great helping her adjust to the new environment and we are so pleased for our daughter to have her this year.

Posted August 18, 2008
My son started kindergarten this year at MES. I checked out all of the private schools in the Birmingham area. Almost ALL private schools, when informed what district we were in, were astonished as to why I wasn't registering him at McAdory! One representative from SMCS said that she would put her child at MES! We love it so far, and I believe that we have made the right decision.

Mcadory Elementary School
6251 Eastern Valley Rd, Mccalla, AL  35111
Last modified Mcadory Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcadory Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top