Mccalla, AL

Mcadory High School 5

Posted May 03, 2014
Love this school! Thrilled to send my children to this school. Wish we had started here.

Posted November 17, 2013
The display of a banner at a school sporting event using a reference to the "Trail of Tears..Round 2"" is indicative of the ignorance of racism, in addition to being intellectually insensitive. For educators to allow this kind of jocularity is an approval of racism regardless of the intent by students ...and is extremely unexceptable. If actions are not taken by way of a very public apology and an effort to have students understand the serverity of their actions this will be taken as an indication of institutional racism being an accepted mode of behavoir... parents beware.

Posted September 04, 2011
What is Jefferson Co doing with all the funds to improve education I can't help but wonder? I have literally watched the rating of this school decline year after year. A three? A three out of a possible ten is simply pathetic folks. Both my husband and myself are EXTREMELY involved in our child's academics. When this school dropped down to a four, we started thinking private schools or the IB school in Irondale. We realize that the teachers cannot force education on their students, that parental involvement is a key element, however, to say that this "3" is al based on the students performance "alone" is a false statement. How low do these test scores have to go before something is done to turn things around? ( 2 or 1? ) I wonder how many parents even understand this rating? A 3 is basically stating that out out of a possible ten-which is the best- McAdory H.S. received only a 3 in comparison to other H.S. test scores in our state. I don't know about you, but this is VERY alarming! Sure, the county spent money on a new middle school-great-but what happens on the "inside" is what really matters most and so far we haven't been impressed.

Posted November 23, 2010
McAdory is an "Out of Control School!" The class sizes are too large, the students are disrespectful and disruptive, teachers are unprofessional and rude, and administration is weak. It is one of the "wildest" schools I've ever been inside. Most of the teachers have given up hope of being able to control their classrooms, yet they try to control the students instead of teaching the content material. Administration will not discipline the students for their behaviors, so teachers think why even send them to the office. When they do send them to the office, It's more of a slap in the face to the teacher because nothing is done. When a student brings a gun to school, and administration "plays it off," I feel that there is a HUGE problem there. This is endangering the lives of students and teachers alike! From both an educator and a parent's perspective, I would hope that anyone new to the community would explore all school options available for their children before having to enroll them at McAdory. I would only use this school as an absolute last resort.

Mcadory High School 5

Posted August 11, 2010
I am a graduate of McAdory and a published author. My observations have led me to the conclusion that the child you send to school is the one that comes out. And the success of the student is dependent on the parents and their values. I am not an educator, but I know in this age of entitlement it is not suprising to read the comments listed on the blog. What people do yo you is their karma, how you react to it is yours - education starts at home!

Mcadory High School 2

Posted July 19, 2010
My children attended this school.They made a lot of friends but were unprepared in their classes when they move to a new school. Too much playing around, it's more like a social club and the class arrangements are too stressful for the students and teachers. I agree with the previous comments. I am glad my students moved on.

Posted May 11, 2010
This school is poor all around. They don't have enough copies to last the year, the students don't care about anything at all unless it directly involves them, and even then they will let opportunity walk itself out the door. Almost none of them care about their grades, classes are a joke, especially electives. Getting a diploma from there would mean nothing. With the no child left behind laws now taking its toll, the teachers are required to dumb everything down so everyone in the class understands it, but what happens when the person doing the worst doesn't do anything no matter how easy the work? It is absolutely rediculous and nothing would be better than to restaff most teachers the school and students.

Posted April 22, 2010

Mcadory High School 4

Posted March 19, 2010

Posted January 12, 2010
Mcadory overall is a decent school for parents that want their kids to be playing all day instead of learning and getting a great education! Too many students in classes, average around 35 per room!

Mcadory High School
4800 McAdory School Rd, Mccalla, AL  35111
Last modified Mcadory High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcadory High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top