Midland City, AL

Posted October 16, 2014
MCES is the absolute worst school I have encountered. My son started kindergarten August 2014 and from the beginning it was terrible. He was not enrolled in a class because of one missing paper in his file that they did not tell me they needed before they assigned him a class. On the first day of school he was late because of this and the teacher didn't seem too happy to be receiving another student. My so was constantly sent home with sad faces for talking too much. After he received about 4 sad faces in the first two weeks of school she threatened paddling without my consent. On top of this I found out that she takes snacks from them if they get in trouble. We pulled my son out and he is being homeschooled until we can move from this state. This school needs some serious turning around!

Midland City Elementary School 5

Posted August 02, 2013
Every since our family has moved to Alabama, the schools are very different from where we came from. My son attends Midland City Elementary. He has ADHD an is very hyper at times,he suffers with extreme asthma. The staff is caring, in the words of my son "It's my home away from home". As a parent that's the best feeling in the world, to hear from child. Midland City Elementary is a wonderful school.

Posted May 24, 2009
As a parent, I have to say that I am very pleased with MCES! Overall the teachers/staff have been nothing but wonderful! I remember when my child started 2 yrs ago this school was ranked a 4. Since Mr. Baker has become principal it is now a 6 and I only see it going up from there! I do agree that there should be more parent involvement, but I know that Mr. Baker has taken the steps to make sure that happens in the years to come! Great job Ms. Moyse ~ a wonderful 1st grade year with you. I could not imagine MCES without you, Mr. Baker and so many others!

Midland City Elementary School 0

Posted May 05, 2009
My son goes to MCES and im very pleased,Mr. Baker is very good with the kids hey we send ower kids to school to learn the kids should know how to act when they are at school the teachers are there to give the education not to baby sit, i think you guys are doing a wounderful good. Keep up the good work and thanks dearly Mr. Baker and Mrs. Hall 2nd grade Ms. Wells

Posted May 21, 2008
As a parent of a first year student I have to say that I have been very satisfied. My child has learned; did well on the state tests and was happy. Mr. Baker seems to really care about the students. Ms. Jackson, thanks for a great first year. If there were more parent involvement, things would be even better. One suggestion would be for the teachers to be more diligent in scheduling parent-teacher conferences. However, I will say that at any time that we had a concern Ms. Jackson was always willing to meet with us.

Midland City Elementary School 5

Posted April 08, 2008
I am a singel mother of three kids and I have to say that MCES is the best school that they have gone to. My kids have been makeing A's thise year and the school is focased on the kids lerning not playing and I like that My 2 greader is able to read on a 3rd gread level. And the Principal is greet to . He caers about the kids.

Posted January 16, 2007
Our family moved here mid-term of last year. Since then we have discussed moving our child to private school. The school is so far behind her previous school it is terrible. She still hasn't reached the level in curriculum she was is previously. It has been a year. That is the hard truth. They barely go outside for recess and I have encountered many abrasive teachers.Her teacher this year has been absent at two pto meetings and never schedules parent teacher conf. Sad but true. We are not pleased.

Posted June 02, 2006
Let me say that my son attended MCES and loved it. They teach and make kids behave. There should be more discipline in other schools as there is at Midland City and we all would be better off. Good job MCES and keep up the good work.

Posted April 23, 2006
I am a hurricane katrina evacuee from Mississippi. I moved to Midland City partially because I heard the schools were good, but I do not feel this. The teachers at this school that I have dealt with are cruel and have humilated my children within the first month of being here. I am moving as soon as my lease is up so that my children do not have to put through any further trauma. We lost everything from the hurricane and then we are treated as dogs when we get here. The principal is no better. She is too strict and hard on these children. They are not adults yet and wont be for a long time

Posted November 30, 2005
I feel that the administration at Midland City Elementary are sadly lacking in the necessary abilities. The way the students are talked to and treated by the principal, the nurse, and the office clerks really should be looked at. The students at this school are young students and need to be treated as such. They are not in Junior or High school. The majority of the students do not understand why they are treated in such a way. If the principal and others wish to treat the students in such a way they should go to the high school where the students are more able to defend themselves against such blatant verbal abuse as is present at Midland City. The parents are treated badly also.

Midland City Elementary School
Hinton Waters Ave, Midland City, AL  36350
Last modified Midland City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Midland City Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top