Midland City, AL

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 27, 2015
Most of the teachers seem ignorant about children with ADHD/AD. Their defiance in actually listening to a parent is ridiculous.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted August 27, 2015
No student will respect another, when they are publicly displayed as troublemakers, because of an illness, disorder, or other disability.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 27, 2015
How can a student be taught caring and compassion, when the staff projects a rude and uncaring(I don't want to be here) attitude.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 27, 2015
The teachers and staff show how unfair life can be, by preventing a child from using the bathroom and letting them urinate on themselves.

Midland City Elementary School 1

Posted March 26, 2015
The staff at this school are very rude to parents and students... my daughter told me that her teacher wouldn't let her use the restroom because they had just cleaned it & it took over night to dry .. also for punishment during p.e. she wouldn't let her get water. This place is ridiculous & after this year .. I'm done !

Midland City Elementary School 1

Posted October 16, 2014
MCES is the absolute worst school I have encountered. My son started kindergarten August 2014 and from the beginning it was terrible. He was not enrolled in a class because of one missing paper in his file that they did not tell me they needed before they assigned him a class. On the first day of school he was late because of this and the teacher didn't seem too happy to be receiving another student. My so was constantly sent home with sad faces for talking too much. After he received about 4 sad faces in the first two weeks of school she threatened paddling without my consent. On top of this I found out that she takes snacks from them if they get in trouble. We pulled my son out and he is being homeschooled until we can move from this state. This school needs some serious turning around!

Midland City Elementary School 5

Posted August 02, 2013
Every since our family has moved to Alabama, the schools are very different from where we came from. My son attends Midland City Elementary. He has ADHD an is very hyper at times,he suffers with extreme asthma. The staff is caring, in the words of my son "It's my home away from home". As a parent that's the best feeling in the world, to hear from child. Midland City Elementary is a wonderful school.

Midland City Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2009
As a parent, I have to say that I am very pleased with MCES! Overall the teachers/staff have been nothing but wonderful! I remember when my child started 2 yrs ago this school was ranked a 4. Since Mr. Baker has become principal it is now a 6 and I only see it going up from there! I do agree that there should be more parent involvement, but I know that Mr. Baker has taken the steps to make sure that happens in the years to come! Great job Ms. Moyse ~ a wonderful 1st grade year with you. I could not imagine MCES without you, Mr. Baker and so many others!

Posted May 05, 2009
My son goes to MCES and im very pleased,Mr. Baker is very good with the kids hey we send ower kids to school to learn the kids should know how to act when they are at school the teachers are there to give the education not to baby sit, i think you guys are doing a wounderful good. Keep up the good work and thanks dearly Mr. Baker and Mrs. Hall 2nd grade Ms. Wells

Midland City Elementary School 4

Posted May 21, 2008
As a parent of a first year student I have to say that I have been very satisfied. My child has learned; did well on the state tests and was happy. Mr. Baker seems to really care about the students. Ms. Jackson, thanks for a great first year. If there were more parent involvement, things would be even better. One suggestion would be for the teachers to be more diligent in scheduling parent-teacher conferences. However, I will say that at any time that we had a concern Ms. Jackson was always willing to meet with us.

Hinton Waters Ave, Midland City, AL  36350
Last modified Midland City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Midland City Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top