Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 24, 2016
Ms. Stallworth, 2nd grade. She is one of the most exceptional educators that I have ever had the privilege to meet. I feel very blessed that she was my daughter's teacher this school year. She teaches her students how to be true leaders by example, expects them to put their best efforts forward at all times and gives them the opportunity to exercise the traits they learn. Everyone in her class is treated with respect at all times .

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 24, 2016
I can not say enough positive things about the teachers at Coosada Elementary. They have shown themselves to be very patient, determined and flexible in their teaching style. Allowing each child to learn in a manner which is most effective for them.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 24, 2016
The homework in my opinion was not excessive and rarely took more than 20-30 minutes to complete. In most instances, my child was done with homework within 15 minutes.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
The teachers encourage students to not give up and to seek alternate ways of problem solving. The teachers understand that not all children learn the same way and so they adjust their teaching method as needed to help each child to reach their highest potential.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
An atmosphere of tolerance and respect is heavily fostered by everyone. Disrespect and bullying are not tolerated in any way.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 24, 2016
All of the staff, from the Principal on down the line are prime examples for the children to learn from. The staff most definitely teach by example. Good citizenship is not only desired, it is fully expected from everyone and the students respond to that. Each time I am in the school, the students are exceptionally polite and helpful. There is an atmosphere of caring, respect, tolerance and accountability for ones own actions from everyone that I encounter.

Posted May 24, 2016
We are a military family coming from Georgia and only here for one school year before heading to Maryland which has a very advanced curriculum. Initially we were hesitant about enrolling our daughter into Coosada Elementary. We had moved from a very "test" oriented school, one of the "best" in Georgia, meaning that the school would focus mainly on the more advanced students who performed better in math and reading. We had a very difficult kindergarten year in Ga. I am a firm believer that an EXCEPTIONAL teacher will teach in the way that a student learns and not expect all children to fit a convenient mold. Luckily we got an excellent first grade teacher who put a lot of extra time and effort in with our daughter but she was still a little behind the curve in reading fluency going into second grade. We were initially concerned that our daughter would not receive enough support here to make sure she was prepared to move into the Maryland school system for 3rd grade. I have to say that our concerns could not have been more unfounded. Tomorrow is the last day of the school year here and we are very sad to be leaving. My daughter's teacher, Ms. Stallworth was completely amazing. I have never seen a more committed and caring teacher. Not only did our daughter keep pace, she has excelled in Ms. Stallworth's class. Our daughter tested into mid-year 4th grade math and was tested and accepted into the Gifted program for Elmore county. I credit Ms. Stallworth's teaching abilities and her complete devotion to her students for our daughter's outstanding progress this year. Our daughter is an exceptionally smart and creative little girl but her experiences in her previous school had really put a dent in her self-confidence in regards to learning. I am very happy to say that is no longer the case. Ms. Stallworth is that rare teacher that does indeed teach in the way that a student learns. I am forever grateful to her for being such an exceptional teacher and for her complete and total devotion to her students. The school is excellent, the children are HAPPY to be there, everyone is exceptionally kind and the Principal and all of the staff at Coosada Elementary are exemplary. We could not have ask for a better experience this school year.

Coosada Elementary School 2

Posted May 06, 2014
For the most part, this school is decent. I do wish there was more involvement for parents. There is a lack of communication between parent/teacher, which I do no like. We moved here mid year in my daughter's 1st grade year. She was constantly picked on, and when I went to the principal, nothing seemed to change. She was not challenged with Reading, and when I asked her teacher about this, she said there was nothing she could do. I finally went to the guidance counselor, and she helped us. She was very kind and willing to do everything it took to make us feel welcome, and to let my daughter have a better life at school. Needless to say, we will be moving her to another school next year.

Posted September 10, 2013
My school is Coosada Elemetary in Coosada, Al. This is our fourth year to be fortunately associated with such a wonderful professional group of teachers and helpers and administration. I taugt elementary school in the chapter one program. It does my heart good to see how happy the girls and how well they have developed. They love their teachers and love to go to school every day.

Posted April 19, 2012
Coosada Elementary School is an exceptional school! Every member of the staff there treat you as though you are part of a family when you walk through the door. Myrtle always greats you with a smile and makes you feel instantly at home. Mrs. Goodin & Mr. Jackson are excellent principals and the children just adore them both so much. The teachers are superb as well! I absolutely love Mr. Hodum, Ms. Knott, Mrs. Basso, Mrs. Nelson, Ms. Autrey & so many more. It really doesn't matter what class your child falls into, the teachers all love them so very much! I am a parent of a child at CES as well as a regular volunteer at the school. You couldn't ask for a better group of people to care for your children!

5260 Airport Rd, Millbrook, AL  36054
Last modified Coosada Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2