Millbrook, AL

Coosada Elementary School 2

Posted May 06, 2014
For the most part, this school is decent. I do wish there was more involvement for parents. There is a lack of communication between parent/teacher, which I do no like. We moved here mid year in my daughter's 1st grade year. She was constantly picked on, and when I went to the principal, nothing seemed to change. She was not challenged with Reading, and when I asked her teacher about this, she said there was nothing she could do. I finally went to the guidance counselor, and she helped us. She was very kind and willing to do everything it took to make us feel welcome, and to let my daughter have a better life at school. Needless to say, we will be moving her to another school next year.

Posted September 10, 2013
My school is Coosada Elemetary in Coosada, Al. This is our fourth year to be fortunately associated with such a wonderful professional group of teachers and helpers and administration. I taugt elementary school in the chapter one program. It does my heart good to see how happy the girls and how well they have developed. They love their teachers and love to go to school every day.

Posted April 19, 2012
Coosada Elementary School is an exceptional school! Every member of the staff there treat you as though you are part of a family when you walk through the door. Myrtle always greats you with a smile and makes you feel instantly at home. Mrs. Goodin & Mr. Jackson are excellent principals and the children just adore them both so much. The teachers are superb as well! I absolutely love Mr. Hodum, Ms. Knott, Mrs. Basso, Mrs. Nelson, Ms. Autrey & so many more. It really doesn't matter what class your child falls into, the teachers all love them so very much! I am a parent of a child at CES as well as a regular volunteer at the school. You couldn't ask for a better group of people to care for your children!

Posted February 16, 2012
CES is an awesome school! The teachers are incredible. They go the extra mile for the students. Mrs. Goodin & Mr. Jackson are exceptional. I'm a worrier by nature but no worries when it comes to CES. My kids are excited to go to school and are excited about learning. I am fortunate to be able to volunteer at least 2 days a week and I'm a member of the PTO so if you can get involved! Go Mustangs!

Posted November 18, 2011
Loved this school! I always felt welcome when I entered the school from the principal to each staff member. The teachers all seem vested in the progress of each child and want them to succeed! Mrs. Johnson,1st grade and Mrs. Basso, 2nd grade were amazing to my daughters and I could not have asked for better teachers for them! Thank you Cossada for helping to make our transition to AL an easy one!

Coosada Elementary School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
Coosada Elementary is an outstanding school. The teachers and staff go the extra mile to work with every child to make learning a fun and knowledgable experience. My grandson has been at Coosada since he started school and he truly loves Coosada Elementary and will miss them next year when he moves to the intermediate school. The warm and wonderful smiles you receive as soon as you walk in the school tells it all.

Posted January 11, 2010
Absolutely love CES! My son is in 2nd grade. He has a wonderful teacher. His class only has 16 kids, so there is quality student/teacher time.

Posted March 29, 2009
EXCELLENT school! I am amazed daily with this school and their staff. They truly care about the children and they also care about the parents....they have a welcome attitude when it comes to the parents and love to have you join them when possible. My daughter is in Kindergarten, Ms. Holder's class, and although my daughter has struggled a bit, Ms. Holder and Counselor Mrs. Duncan have made GREAT strides. Their patience and dedication to my daughter ( and me as a single parent) is immense. My daughter absolutely loves her school and she actually misses it when they have holiday breaks. Ms. Holder is not just a teacher, she is a friend, and I am so proud she teaches my daughter. The office staff are just as caring. Mrs. Diane Harper is truly a jem and I know if my daughter needs help, she goes right to Mrs. Diane. EXCELLENT school!

Posted March 23, 2009
My daughter has attended this school since K. Love the school. Love the curriculum. Great staff. Very warm and friendly. 5 Stars for education. Dedicated volunteer. I know the staff well. Compares to any private school around!

Posted February 25, 2009
Coosada is a wonderful school. I currently have a 2nd grader and K. They both like going to school. I volunteer in the school several days a week. Everyone is professional and very caring. They truly care about the children.

Coosada Elementary School
5260 Airport Rd, Millbrook, AL  36054
Last modified Coosada Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Coosada Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top