Posted September 22, 2011
This school is awesome im in 7th grade and a previous dunbar magnet school student when I tell you this school is awesome its awesome

Dunbar Creative Performing Arts 0

Posted February 08, 2010
I am a 8th grader at Dunbar Magnet School. This is a very good school to place your children in. It really increases your learning abilities. it also alows you to have fun. Here we have differnt electives. Dance,drama,band, and many more. At dunbar we do have rules. you must have a certain grade average to preform. Yes, all of our elective classes do preform. Here we like to show off our good classmates and arts teacher. So please come out and look around. We would love to have you. :} A.E 2009-2010

Posted March 04, 2009

Posted March 14, 2008
I am currently a student at dunbar and I am in the eight grade.honestly i think my mother could not have made a better choice than to send me to dunbar.I have been there since the fith grade and i had a rocky start being accepted for who i am but everyone seemed to like me as the year went on.I love the arts they are so much fun and they give you a break from academics all the time.I give my greatest credit to the choral and piano department.Ms. Gaye Goodard is an angel sent from heaven to teach children the art of music.Any child that can't maintain a 70 average maybe their parents need to rethink applying for A magnet program

Dunbar Creative Performing Arts 1

Posted September 19, 2007

Dunbar Creative Performing Arts 2

Posted August 08, 2007
I am a student at dunbar Creative and Performing arts magnet school and we get a completly different side then the parents do. The academic program is that of a home school, not of a magnet school and then they try to give projects to make up for it. The dicipline is way off from where it should be. and the other students have no respect for thier classmates. The art programs are about the only thing dunbar gets much credit for. But if your not in the higher levels its the same as almost not being in them at all. Dunbar is divided into cliques and most of the time races are seperated by the students. I am looking forward to the end of this year being here. I have been here since 4th grade and I'm now entering the 8th.

Dunbar Creative Performing Arts 4

Posted June 07, 2006
I have had 4 students in Dunbar. It has it's good points and bad points. For the most part, I think the teachers are ok, some better than others of course. There was only one that I think really did a disservice to the children. I think the principal is a really great woman that cares about the children. I think she has had alot to deal with though, and am glad she is getting some help with an assistant principal though. Most of the staff are very nice and helpful. There is only one staff member that I have had issues with, and in my opinion, if she doesn't like you she will have it in for you.

Posted November 21, 2005
I have 2 children attending Dunbar. We have only had problems with 1 teacher in the 3 years that we have been there, and the problem was handled promptly by the principal to our satisfaction. The projects get a little out of hand at times - especially with 2. Dunbar is the creative and performing arts school -- all of those are great. Dance and strings have great teachers. Who doesn't like to watch their child perform? :) Parents are involved and know kids by name. Safety has never been an issue. Discipline is handled appropriately. Come dance with us!

Dunbar Creative Performing Arts 3

Posted March 06, 2005
This school could improve alot. The truth is they don't work hard enough to keep your child in tune with everything. The teachers are uneducated and the staff is very rude and very obnoxious,i believe. They don't let the children breath, take me seriously. You dont want your child to go here. They are unorganized. In need of serious help. My child goes here and she is leaving since it is her eighth grade year. She says she couldn't have asked for more. The only thing they get appriciation on is their arts and the arts teacher. They are wonderful. Wonderful. Especially the choral department.

Dunbar Creative Performing Arts 4

Posted December 16, 2004
Excellent school,however they could keep the parents a little more in tune to events or even the lunch menu. That typically gets sent home after the month that it is planned for is almost over. The staff is very caring. I know that projects are a big part of school now, but they could however have it to where a child doesn't have several due in the same week. They already have so much other homework that has to be done. It sometimes gets a little overwhelming cost wise to have to pay out the money so often to buy the things that they need to do the projects that end up in a closet or destroyed. It is my opinion that a couple of projects a year is plenty, not 5 or 6 a quarter. Give us stuggling parents a break.

Dunbar Creative Performing Arts
500 Saint Anthony St, Mobile, AL  36603
Last modified Dunbar Creative Performing Arts is a Public school that serves grades 4-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dunbar Creative Performing Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.