Posted June 12, 2009
As an educator, I saw first hand why the school is run the way that it is. The students are 'out of control,' but that is the way they acted when they came to us. And when 15 out of 18 students in your class are 'out of control' it is difficult to manage. It makes it even more difficult when you have parents who make no effort in finding out anything about their child's education. The majority of the time, the only reason a parent came to visit the school was if there was a problem. And most parents sided with their child, instead of supporting the teacher. As far as the teacher's rudeness goes: their rudeness is probably a result of frustration. This frustration stems from lack of parental support and poor student acheivement. Overall, this school is not below average because of the teacher's or administration.

Posted September 21, 2007

Posted June 24, 2006

Posted October 10, 2005
I was so shocked when I saw how this school really was when I went there to check it out! The outside might look nice but it is not a nice school! The children are out of control...the parents of these chilren defenitly do not care to teach these children maners! The school STINKS INSIDE it has a strong urine smell! The teachers are so rude. the school is very disorganized children are put across the street in the shopping center waiting unsurvised to be picked from school by parents that do not care or love there children. THE WORST IN MOBILE!

Posted August 13, 2005
My son went to this school from K-3. I am overjoyed that he will no longer attend this school. The children are horrible. Hmmmm, I wonder what the parents are like. The teachers aren't much better. Maybe because of the unruley children, I don't know. I don't advise putting well manored, well moraled, and cared for children in this school. Please think twice before moving into or living in this district.

Elizabeth Fonde Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2005
I don't think this is the best school, but sometimes you don't have a choice and you teach your child to adapt to any environment and do their best. My child has done very well at this school as far as education, but a lot of the children are unrulely and there aren't enough extra curricular activities available for them.

Posted March 30, 2005
The school would be better if it had better leadership.

Posted March 08, 2005
I am from Texas where the schools in the area where we lived are excellent. After school activities, parent involvement, and caring teachers and staff are endless. But when we moved here a few months ago and my kids started this school, I would have to say that this is one of the worst schools that I have ever seen. My boys, in 4th and 2nd grade hate their classes. The teachers don't care about what goes on with the students. My family is bi-racial and My oldest son has be called very aweful names and has brought this up with his teacher, she just blew him off and nothing has been done about it. My kids will not attend this school next school term.

Posted July 16, 2003
This is the worst school I have ever experienced. No parent involvement. Rude teachers. Unruley children. The test scores prove it.

Elizabeth Fonde Elementary School
3956 Cottage Hill Rd, Mobile, AL  36609
Last modified Elizabeth Fonde Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elizabeth Fonde Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top